Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

gonna hope for Cousins lol but would also accept Darnold cause he is young and could be cheap 

I'd be willing to give up a 3rd for Darnold BUT not a 2nd, unless it was in 2022 or 2023--I think a good OT or WR prospect will likely be there next April at #54

Don't think Sam's the answer, but I doubt if any of the other realistic alternatives are either.....

Unless CB & FR really do think Eason could be the guy in, maybe, 2022 and just needs more time--in which case I guess you try to sign Fitz, or trade for Foles, and prepare to possibly take a step or two back in 2021 (while also trying to sign a good LT or Edge in free agency, and/or WR)

Which, if nothing else, might give the Colts more draft capital a year from now than they currently have, in a draft that will probably include QBs like Howell, Slovis and Shough

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is interesting. We going go see a QB swap. Could Carr be in play for the colts? How many years does he have left on his contract? Seems raiders need defense not trying to fix their offense.

This one doesn't surprise me actually.  I could see the Colts getting involved in a three team deal.  If true and along with the Cousins reports it appears there is still a chance to acquire an experienced veteran after all.  Yeah

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

This one doesn't surprise me actually.  I could see the Colts getting involved in a three team deal.  If true and along with the Cousins reports it appears there is still a chance to acquire an experienced veteran after all.  Yeah

"triangulation speculation"

for those who swear by PFF, Carr was rated #10 QB in the league in 2020

interestingly, Ryan was #12, Stafford #14, Ol' Man Rivers was #17.....(wait for it).......Fitz was #19!!!

Goff #22, Dalton #24, Foles #28, Trubisky tied for #33 with Drew Lock

and Darnold was #35.................by coincidence, the Jets were also rated as the 35th best franchise :yahoo:

OK, I just added that last cheap shot in myself, not PFF guys

53 minutes ago, poilucelt said:

"triangulation speculation"

for those who swear by PFF, Carr was rated #10 QB in the league in 2020

interestingly, Ryan was #12, Stafford #14, Ol' Man Rivers was #17.....(wait for it).......Fitz was #19!!!

Goff #22, Dalton #24, Foles #28, Trubisky tied for #33 with Drew Lock

and Darnold was #35.................by coincidence, the Jets were also rated as the 35th best franchise :yahoo:

OK, I just added that last cheap shot in myself, not PFF guys

According to this outstanding research it certainly appears that Carr should be the primary option to lead our team.  Now is the time for Ballard to make the bold move and get him before FA starts.  We know what it will take.  The question is "Are you going to go for it?"  

14142987_web1_FBN-RAIDERS-DEC23-19hf_307.jpg.d54ea3321709a3989fbe7a32a5a93b2c.jpg

23 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

According to this outstanding research it certainly appears that Carr should be the primary option to lead our team.  Now is the time for Ballard to make the bold move and get him before FA starts.  We know what it will take.  The question is "Are you going to go for it?"  

it would be ironic if Chucky Gruden, of all people, helped the Colts find a solution (if Carr actually is one) to their QB dilemma.

The same guy who first leaked the Luck news was the guy who knew about the snowboarding accident and about Luck retiring. Doesn’t mean Luck is coming back...but I think it’s worth paying attention to for now.

I actually don’t know what to think. Luck coming back would be awesome...but we are going to be going into each offseason worried about him leaving again. 

6 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

The same guy who first leaked the Luck news was the guy who knew about the snowboarding accident and about Luck retiring. Doesn’t mean Luck is coming back...but I think it’s worth paying attention to for now.

I actually don’t know what to think. Luck coming back would be awesome...but we are going to be going into each offseason worried about him leaving again. 

Look at it this way. Put all of you money on "it's not happening" (because it's not) and be happy if it does, because we don't want Sam Darnold. (yikes)

The QB situation is a situation, so I get why Luck is being brought up, but let's be real.

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Look at it this way. Put all of you money on "it's not happening" (because it's not) and be happy if it does, because we don't want Sam Darnold. (yikes)

The QB situation is a situation, so I get why Luck is being brought up, but let's be real.

I know people constantly bring up Luck...but this is the first time I have seen any real smoke. If we get confirmation in the next couple of days...that he did in fact meet with Irsay...then there will be actual fire.

I would probably still rather trade up and draft a QB...and create a new Colts era. And also have a QB on a rookie deal that we can watch grow. But that's just me. The Luck 2.0 era would be pretty awesome as well. I don't think Andrew Luck (two years removed from playing) makes us immediate SB contenders by himself though...still lots of work to do.

8 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I know people constantly bring up Luck...but this is the first time I have seen any real smoke. If we get confirmation in the next couple of days...that he did in fact meet with Irsay...then there will be actual fire.

I would probably still rather trade up and draft a QB...and create a new Colts era. And also have a QB on a rookie deal that we can watch grow. But that's just me. The Luck 2.0 era would be pretty awesome as well. I don't think Andrew Luck (two years removed from playing) makes us immediate SB contenders by himself though...still lots of work to do.

It’s not real smoke. It’s all about some fake text messages someone made up. Lucks wifr would never calm Irsay Jimmy.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Imagine how bummed these people are going to be in a few hours when someone from the Luck camp says "whatchyoutalkinbout Willis"

I won't be bummed too much.   I look at it as a very long shot.   I like the idea of it, but know it is most likely not going to happen.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I won't be bummed too much.   I look at it as a very long shot.   I like the idea of it, but know it is most likely not going to happen.  

I wouldn't be surprised in the least though.  Many "retired" athletes unretire.  I don't know why people think this is so unlikely. I am not leaning either way, but I will never be surprised by an athlete coming out of retirement, regardless of the circumstances that led to the retirement.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s not real smoke. It’s all about some fake text messages someone made up. Lucks wifr would never calm Irsay Jimmy.

Not the text messsage nonsense. I am talking about the guy on Twitter who has broken Luck-related news in the past.

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We will see if For the Colture is right and Reich doesn’t really want him. Jason did day things could change or maybe its a smokescreen.

I think they want him. They brought in his QB coach. Same QB that threw 33 TD and 7 pics under Reich. 

Archived