Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

At the end of this story it says colts are expected to make a run at Watson. It’s hard to tell if that is just opinion because we need a QB or from any sources. 

That is an interesting note...I can't see Ballard giving up that much draft capitol, but man it would be fun to have Watson on this team!

1 minute ago, gnet550 said:

That is an interesting note...I can't see Ballard giving up that much draft capitol, but man it would be fun to have Watson on this team!

I read a report that said the Texans would be looking for two 1st rd picks and two excellent young starting players instead of four 1st rd picks.  Maybe Leonard and Kelly would do the trick.  

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

So Jason said on for the colture podcast that he has been told Reich is not interested in bringing Carson Wentz in. Apparently the rumors of him not taking up coaching and being a bad teammate have some truth to them.

Its pretty sad they have Gardner Minshew on their podcast list. We are down to table scraps.

Thank goodness on Wentz. 

7 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Watson would be the one player you would give up that much for.  There should not be any questions. But colts being in the division and Watson only being 25 will make it a hard sell. If Watson was say 30 it might be a different story since Texans are rebuilding. I read the Texans might want some good players in any deal.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Watson would be the one player you would give up that much for.  There should not be any questions. But colts being in the division and Watson only being 25 will make it a hard sell. If Watson was say 30 it might be a different story since Texans are rebuilding. I read the Texans might want some good players in any deal.

Me too. I mentioned it in my earlier post.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Going to play devils advocate here. Don’t even know why Ballard would do this. In his season ending presser he said Eason wasn’t even confident Eason could be the backup. Does anyone think Ballard is maybe sold on Eason being the future and he just said that as a smokescreen.  If we don’t draft and get some leftover vet Ballard really needs to just say they are going to be preparing Eason to take over in 22.  

I agree! Smoke screens and manipulation are the name of the game in the off-season! 

46 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I read a report that said the Texans would be looking for two 1st rd picks and two excellent young starting players instead of four 1st rd picks.  Maybe Leonard and Kelly would do the trick.  

No one is going to pay that...so it doesn't sound like they are serious. 

54 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I don't think trading away the heart of your defense and the call maker of the OL who was a pro bowler would be the right choice.  Subtracting key cogs from both the offensive and defensive units for a QB, doesn't make sense.  Maybe trading away one or the other, but not both.  

I would do maybe 2 1st's and say Okereke or someone on that level...but all in all I don't see it happening.

54 minutes ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

I agree! Smoke screens and manipulation are the name of the game in the off-season! 

Or they might just be serious that they'd like a veteran quarterback to lead the team:

"Look, the type of team we have, it would really benefit us the most if we could get someone to come in that can play at a high level, that has veteran vision, veteran understandings of picking up things quickly so we can get into 2021 and really have a chance to kind of, if you will, take off where we left off, but just tweaking some things so we are an even better football team," Irsay said. "I really believe we can do that." 

Top Takeaways: Colts owner Jim Irsay with his thoughts on the 2020 season & the team's future at quarterback

New conspiracy theory. This one seems very plausible. Ballard never really wanted Stafford. He wanted to be in on the talks to se who might be taking a QB in the draft. He wanted to be in the discussions so he could get info on other teams. Right now he sees that panthers and SF might get a QB in the draft.  This gives him info on where he might need to trade up to. Its kind of easy to figure out which teams will need a QB but not so easy to see if teams like these two with vets at QB will take one. This puts Ballard on notice those might be two teams needing to get ahead of. 

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

New conspiracy theory. This one seems very plausible. Ballard never really wanted Stafford. He wanted to be in on the talks to se who might be taking a QB in the draft. He wanted to be in the discussions so he could get info on other teams. Right now he sees that panthers and SF might get a QB in the draft.  This gives him info on where he might need to trade up to. Its kind of easy to figure out which teams will need a QB but not so easy to see if teams like these two with vets at QB will take one. This puts Ballard on notice those might be two teams needing to get ahead of. 

I think he was very interested in Stafford but the Rams offer couldn't be matched.  Detroit did well.   They got their starter next season in Goff (potentially longer).  Plus they got 2 first round picks and a third rounder.  Nice haul.  The Colts could have maybe matched the picks, but not a starter quality QB.  

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why would Ballard have to be involved in the trade talks to find out which teams had interest in Stafford? 

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Kevin Bowen will be filling in on JMV tomorrow and he will have Eason on tomorrow. Friday Ballard will be on Dakich Friday.

Thanks for the heads up! I knew about Ballard but not Eason. That should be interesting.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Seems SF is in the same boat as the colts with QB. Although they don’t have it as bad as the colts since they do have Jimmy G. He is just always injured. They have a ready to win team and can’t find the QB. They should trade up and try to get their guy this year.

I've been told that part of the dynamic out there is a contest of egos between the 2 wunderkinds McVay and Shanahan

Rams make big move to replace Goff with Stafford; next move is the 49ers

26 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wow some great quotes by Eason here. Ballard and Reich have to love this kids confidence. Maybe they won’t trade up and find someone who can give them one more year to make sure Eason is ready.

I could get behind someone like Fitzpatrick or Dalton to start the season With Eason as the backup.  

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I could get behind someone like Fitzpatrick or Dalton to start the season With Eason as the backup.  

If it was clear Eason was going to be the starter in 22 I really don’t care who starts. This is where Foles could actually be a good option. Someone Reich is comfy with for a year to get Eason ready. 

6 hours ago, #12. said:

They're not trading Watson within the division.  They'll have 15 other teams to choose from.

I agree, but it would be nice to drive up the bidding...

The Jets would be the most likely to offer the picks to get him

We should say..... We will take Darnold for a 6th round pick......  And we promise to NOT bid up Deshaun  :)

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

How about if the Eagles offer Wentz and a 2nd rounder ... to take Wentz off their hands?

I would counter their offer by asking for 3 firsts and 3 seconds to adopt Wentz.

If that deal is made, then I'd probably start Eason, or Fitzpatrick, if we can get Fitz.

...then bench Wentz.

19 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Or they might just be serious that they'd like a veteran quarterback to lead the team:

"Look, the type of team we have, it would really benefit us the most if we could get someone to come in that can play at a high level, that has veteran vision, veteran understandings of picking up things quickly so we can get into 2021 and really have a chance to kind of, if you will, take off where we left off, but just tweaking some things so we are an even better football team," Irsay said. "I really believe we can do that." 

Top Takeaways: Colts owner Jim Irsay with his thoughts on the 2020 season & the team's future at quarterback

Did you just describe Cam Newton? And, no, Newton is not washed up. He is going to have a great season for someone.

Archived