Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, w87r said:
12 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I saw today Jalen Hurts is already getting WR together to practice. Seems they are ready to move on. Quicker we get a deal done for a QB the sooner they can do throwing together.

OK

I see what you did there. :dunno:

That's my 3am analyst. All I got, back to bed for a couple more hours

@Four2itus

Did you catch my carry on of what she did there?

OK sooner J. hurts.  :thmup:

Ah whatever at least you acknowledged my 3am analysis.

1 hour ago, luv_pony_express said:

Personally, I’m not enthused by the prospect of moving Q to OT.  The guy has trained his whole career to play OG.  Moving him, we could risk losing the best OG in the game and gaining a not-so-great OT.

It’s about like the McGregor v. Mayweather fight.  I had friends betting on McGregor and I was just stunned.  I don’t care how great an MMA fighter he is.  This is boxing.  It’s not the same thing.  And he’s stepping into the ring for his first ever professional boxing match against one of the best boxers in history.

I love Big Q.  He’s incredible.  But he’s a guard, not a tackle.

Remember Smith was also a guard and now is one of the best RT's in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, luv_pony_express said:

Personally, I’m not enthused by the prospect of moving Q to OT.  The guy has trained his whole career to play OG.  Moving him, we could risk losing the best OG in the game and gaining a not-so-great OT.

It’s about like the McGregor v. Mayweather fight.  I had friends betting on McGregor and I was just stunned.  I don’t care how great an MMA fighter he is.  This is boxing.  It’s not the same thing.  And he’s stepping into the ring for his first ever professional boxing match against one of the best boxers in history.

I love Big Q.  He’s incredible.  But he’s a guard, not a tackle.

I don't think it's as drastic as mma vs boxing.     You would lose the pulling greatness Q brings though.    

Talking MacGregor vs Mayweather.  I would really have liked to see that fight in reverse.    Mayweather wouldn't have walked out of the octagon 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I don't think it's as drastic as mma vs boxing.     You would lose the pulling greatness Q brings though.    

Talking MacGregor vs Mayweather.  I would really have liked to see that fight in reverse.    Mayweather wouldn't have walked out of the octagon 

OK, not as drastic.  You're right that there's a bigger difference between MMA and boxing than there is Guard and Tackle.  But there are still significant differences between the two positions.  Enough so that they shouldn't just be viewed as interchangeable...no matter how great a lineman Nelson is.  Again, I think it's telling this past season that, after playing Q at tackle for a bit when AC was out, they still went out and signed Veldheer.

I would agree that McGregor would thump Mayweather in an MMA fight -- for the same reason Mayweather thumped McGregor in a boxing match.  I just couldn't believe that some of my buddies were putting bets (in a couple cases, big ones) on McGregor.  To me, it was almost like betting on Roger Federer to beat a world champion table tennis player....at table tennis.  Why?  Well, because he's Roger Federer and he's hitting a ball over a net with a "racquet"!

5 hours ago, stitches said:

BTW, just for the record, this is second trade for QB where Ballard reportedly is refusing to give up 21 in - in the first one he was reportedly willing to give up players to get to the level the Lions wanted the value of the package and here he seems to be willing to include extra picks to get to the level the Eagles want the value of the package...

Yet again... to me this looks like he has a specific plan for 21 that he doesn't want to give up. OT, DE, WR? CB? QB? 

I have a feeling it’s Rousseau, I know he’s been mocked to us.

7 hours ago, jskinnz said:

The Eagles, the band and not the football team, are my all time favorite group. Probably dates me a bit. 

On Eason, I think we know he is not deemed to be the guy for 2021 based on the very clear reports that the Colts were in on Stafford and are now in on Wentz.  If the team was sure on Eason, why look into the others?

Now Eason could be the guy by default if Ballard strikes out with Wentz and Darnold and whoever else but I sincerely doubt that happens.  

I’m old enough to have cried at Super Bowl III! I love the early Eagles...

I get bring a mentor or bridge to Eason, just drafting another NFL unproven rook... unless it was a top 4 pick. I’m just an armchair GM, though.

*NOT drafting

33 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

How many of you saw the Buckner trade coming last yr?   Not saying its whats going to happen but maybe Ballard already has the 21st pick accounted for in a trade much like last yr. 

He didn't offer 21 for Stafford and now it's rumored he didn't offer 21 for Wentz 

Clearly he likes someone at 21

Just now, danlhart87 said:

He didn't offer 21 for Stafford and now it's rumored he didn't offer 21 for Wentz 

I agree.    I'm wondering if he has his eyes on another trade for a player other than a QB.  Maybe easier to move up to get a non QB spot in the draft, or trade for a vet player that they like 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Honestly?   No...  I don’t think it’s clear at all. 

First...   what if that “someone” is taken by someone before the Colts?   Picking at 21, you can’t count on someone being there when we pick. 

Second...    it’s possible that Ballard values pick 21 as a chip so he can trade down and recoup the draft picks in any trade he might still make for a QB. 

There are all sorts of possibilities...   it’s way way too early to jump to any conclusions.   Keep an open mind. 

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

So in response to the colts offer for Wentz being leaked another team said they had a better offer. This also seems made up to get the colts to give up more.

Direct response from my plumber this morning: 'sir you're toilet will be fixed this afternoon and then, as you put it, the magic can happen again in your bathroom'.

Archived