Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

I remember seeing some kind of article or graphic a while back showing all of the repercussions of the Nelson/Darnold draft day trade. It showed everything that the Colts got in return up to that point so it included all future picks and players that came from that original trade. 

 

Does anyone know what I'm referring to? I can't seem to find it again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

I remember seeing some kind of article or graphic a while back showing all of the repercussions of the Nelson/Darnold draft day trade. It showed everything that the Colts got in return up to that point so it included all future picks and players that came from that original trade. 

 

Does anyone know what I'm referring to? I can't seem to find it again.

 

I don't have a graphic of it but i believe the finally net result was that the Jets got 1.03 (Darnold) and the Colts turned their resulting picks from the trade into:

 

OG Quenton Nelson

OT Braden Smith

DE Kemoko Turay

RB Jordan Wilkins 

CB Rock Ya-Sin

 

This includes their trade down w the Eagles from 49 to 52 that netted them Turay and Wilkins in that instance.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

 

I don't have a graphic of it but i believe the finally net result was that the Jets got 1.03 (Darnold) and the Colts turned their resulting picks from the trade into:

 

OG Quenton Nelson

OT Braden Smith

DE Kemoko Turay

RB Jordan Wilkins 

CB Rock Ya-Sin

 

This includes their trade down w the Eagles from 49 to 52 that netted them Turay and Wilkins in that instance.

 

 

 

Thanks for this! Maybe it also includes the Colts own picks because I remember there being more than this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Life will come a full circle if we get Sam Darnold for a 3rd rounder, moving up to a conditional 2nd. :) 

Watching a lot of delusion from Jets fans thinking they can bump that to a 1st rounder. No way on Earth is he worth a first. Your compensation range is the right one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Watching a lot of delusion from Jets fans thinking they can bump that to a 1st rounder. No way on Earth is he worth a first. Your compensation range is the right one.

 

Of course, we would take a 1st rounder for Darius Leonard if someone offered it, that is what fans are sometimes, dreamers!!!

 

Some get to the center to be realistic, others remain fanatics!!! :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Of course, we would take a 1st rounder for Darius Leonard if someone offered it, that is what fans are sometimes, dreamers!!!

 

Some get to the center to be realistic, others remain fanatics!!! :) 

Granted, although like George Costanza theorizing that he could trade for Griffey and Bonds, NY sports fans don't deal with certain realities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Of course, we would take a 1st rounder for Darius Leonard if someone offered it, that is what fans are sometimes, dreamers!!!

 

Some get to the center to be realistic, others remain fanatics!!! :) 

 

I wouldn't trade Leonard for a first! I don't think you can say no to two firsts but I don't see the benefit of trading him for one. The chances you get a player anywhere near as good are miniscule.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Of course, we would take a 1st rounder for Darius Leonard if someone offered it, that is what fans are sometimes, dreamers!!!

 

Some get to the center to be realistic, others remain fanatics!!! :) 

if it is a top 5 1st, sure id take it

26 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

 

I wouldn't trade Leonard for a first! I don't think you can say no to two firsts but I don't see the benefit of trading him for one. The chances you get a player anywhere near as good are miniscule.

what if that number one was for Trevor Lawerence...

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mackrel829 said:

 

I wouldn't trade Leonard for a first! I don't think you can say no to two firsts but I don't see the benefit of trading him for one. The chances you get a player anywhere near as good are miniscule.

 

You won't get a first for Leonard, IMO. But this was just chosen as an example, maybe a bad one. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

You won't get a first for Leonard, IMO. But this was just chosen as an example, maybe a bad one. :) 

Why wouldn't you get a first for one of top LB's and a perennial All-Pro??

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Why wouldn't you get a first for one of top LB's and a perennial All-Pro??

 

I truly believe his play can be overcome with a slightly lesser LB than replacing Buckner, IMO, so if I am a GM, I would not give up a 1st for that. With good DL play, I can embellish a good LB to be a very good LB. However, with bad DL play, even a very good LB can end up being just good.

 

If someone is offering a 1st rounder for Darius Leonard, I would grab it before they change their mind, IMO. Even one of the best, Ray Lewis, when he did not have Haloti Ngata and/or good DL play, could only do so much.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

I truly believe his play can be overcome with a slightly lesser LB than replacing Buckner, IMO, so if I am a GM, I would not give up a 1st for that. With good DL play, I can embellish a good LB to be a very good LB. However, with bad DL play, even a very good LB can end up being just good.

 

If someone is offering a 1st rounder for Darius Leonard, I would grab it before they change their mind, IMO. Even one of the best, Ray Lewis, when he did not have Haloti Ngata and/or good DL play, could only do so much.

 

Who wouldn't give a 1st round pick for maniac and why? Dude is a 3x all pro Linebacker who is on track to being one of the best to ever play at his position. As long as he stays healthy, he's only just getting started and the best is yet to come. You're telling me a team who have weak Linebackers like the Eagles wouldn't offer a 1st for him? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

 

Who wouldn't give a 1st round pick for maniac and why? Dude is a 3x all pro Linebacker who is on track to being one of the best to ever play at his position. As long as he stays healthy, he's only just getting started and the best is yet to come. You're telling me a team who have weak Linebackers like the Eagles wouldn't offer a 1st for him? 

When we see those trades now  its for linebackers with high sack numbers  like Khalil Mack. 

 

I think you could get a 1st for Leonard now, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as high as Philadelphia's #6 overall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

This is clearly hypothetical but

I would trade Leonard for 1 in a heartbeat 

To be clear, I normally wouldn't advocate it, but when you have limited draft capital and IF they want to move up to take a qb, then hard evaluations like this must be done

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow....the draft is a 50% shot at best......and we hit the jackpot with DL....and ya'll want to go back to the 50% shot again?

 

What.....the....hell? How's The Jags doin with all those high picks?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't trade Leonard for a #1 pick...but of course it depends on where in the first round the said pick would be? And if you could parlay it with other picks to get a QB like Fields.

But say a mid round #1, like 15 overall I would rather have the Maniac then the 15th overall pick.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I wouldn't trade Leonard for a #1 pick...but of course it depends on where in the first round the said pick would be? And if you could parlay it with other picks to get a QB like Fields.

But say a mid round #1, like 15 overall I would rather have the Maniac then the 15th overall pick.

Exactly it would have to be with the goal of getting the qb you want. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is some merit to the idea of trading one of their young studs for draft capital (or in place of it)...as part of a deal for a QB trade up. There is an added bonus that you don’t have to pay the contract as well...which frees up money to replace that player or improve other positions.

 

Between Leonard and DeFo...that’s an easy call. There are talented and very athletic WILLs coming out every year. I think the Colts would have a much easier time replacing some of Leonard’s performance than DeFo’s.

 

But I don’t see Ballard trading him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 5:22 PM, chad72 said:

 

I truly believe his play can be overcome with a slightly lesser LB than replacing Buckner, IMO, so if I am a GM, I would not give up a 1st for that. With good DL play, I can embellish a good LB to be a very good LB. However, with bad DL play, even a very good LB can end up being just good.

 

If someone is offering a 1st rounder for Darius Leonard, I would grab it before they change their mind, IMO. Even one of the best, Ray Lewis, when he did not have Haloti Ngata and/or good DL play, could only do so much.


Yeah...Leonard is about to get paid as well. Getting a 1st round pick from a team that knows they have to pay a WILL upwards of $20M/year might be a stretch. It would almost certainly be a later 1st round pick. A team isn’t going to trade away a top 15 pick when they can likely just draft a Devin White or Devin Bush type and have him cheap for a few years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shasta519 said:

There is some merit to the idea of trading one of their young studs for draft capital (or in place of it)...as part of a deal for a QB trade up. There is an added bonus that you don’t have to pay the contract as well...which frees up money to replace that player or improve other positions.

 

Between Leonard and DeFo...that’s an easy call. There are talented and very athletic WILLs coming out every year. I think the Colts would have a much easier time replacing some of Leonard’s performance than DeFo’s.

 

But I don’t see Ballard trading him.


Yep, we’re on the same page.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 2:19 PM, Mackrel829 said:

 

I wouldn't trade Leonard for a first! I don't think you can say no to two firsts but I don't see the benefit of trading him for one. The chances you get a player anywhere near as good are miniscule.

Hmmmmm.  I would consider it.  I think lbs in this system can b found past the 1st round. Of course it depends on how high the 1st rounder is. Plus,Leonard is going to demand bib..big money very soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmmm.  I would consider it.  I think lbs in this system can b found past the 1st round. Of course it depends on how high the 1st rounder is. Plus,Leonard is going to demand bib..big money very soon

if it helps secure a franchise qb im fine trading him away

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

if it helps secure a franchise qb im fine trading him away

I was a Stafford fan early in his career. I soured on him as he got older. I am fine with moving forward with Eason unless Reich has no confidence in him. Cannon arm and more mobile than people give him credit for. Love his physical traits and  he was apparently working his butt off. Willing to give Ballard and Reich a pass if they do and Eason fails. Its time this year to roll with Eason and then if the Colts say finish 5 and 11, they r in much better situation to get their guy in the 2022 draft.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I was a Stafford fan early in his career. I soured on him as he got older. I am fine with moving forward with Eason unless Reich has no confidence in him. Cannon arm and more mobile than people give him credit for. Love his physical traits and  he was apparently working his butt off. Willing to give Ballard and Reich a pass if they do and Eason fails. Its time this year to roll with Eason and then if the Colts say finish 5 and 11, they r in much better situation to get their guy in the 2022 draft.

I never said the trade had to be Stafford. Colts could potentially move up by adding Leonard and couple picks to entice someone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danlhart87 said:

I never said the trade had to be Stafford. Colts could potentially move up by adding Leonard and couple picks to entice someone. 

Yup. U have to think outside the box. That being said, I dont think a lot of teams value Leonard as much as the Colts due. He is a typical under sized Tampa 2 line backer. Plus, he is going to want some big money

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I was a Stafford fan early in his career. I soured on him as he got older. I am fine with moving forward with Eason unless Reich has no confidence in him. Cannon arm and more mobile than people give him credit for. Love his physical traits and  he was apparently working his butt off. Willing to give Ballard and Reich a pass if they do and Eason fails. Its time this year to roll with Eason and then if the Colts say finish 5 and 11, they r in much better situation to get their guy in the 2022 draft.

Who are the potential QB’s in the 2022 draft?  Any candidates like Fields, Lawrence, or Wilson?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • They are likely kicking the can down the road, and the negative consequence is higher cap numbers for those players in future seasons, and greater cap penalties to move on from those players in future seasons. The thing is there's no much else they can do. they're set to be nearly $70m over the cap in 2021, and other than these restructures, they would not be able to get under the cap by the start of the new league year. They would have to cut or trade all of their highly paid players.
    • I feel the hype about Carl Lawson is from a combination of people who haven't really watched him play, and who overrate "pressures" by assuming that all pressures are equally disruptive.    Lawson is a tough, physical, high effort guy, he tackles well, plays the run reasonably well, he has decent size, and he would fit nicely as a DE for us. He's not a dynamic pass rusher, and I don't think he ever would be a dynamic pass rusher.   He has some quickness and speed, good speed to power, but he's not the kind of explosive pass rusher that blows up the other team's blocking schemes. He has below average bend and closing speed, and he takes a lot of steps, which explains his tragically poor three cone. He also has below average length, and gets neutralized by good blockers. This is all obvious on his tape, it was obvious on his college tape, and it's why he went in the 4th round.   TomDiggs mentioned Lawson's knockdowns/hits and hurries. PFF recorded six edge rushers with at least QB 15 hits; despite the fact that Lawson had 24 hits, he only had five sacks, which is the least sacks among those six players. In fact, there were ten edges with fewer than 15 QB hits, but with at least ten sacks. PFF has 24 edges with at least 30 pressures; Lawson had 34 hurries, but was tied for fifth fewest sacks among those 24 players. In fact, there were five edges with fewer hurries than Lawson, but at least ten sacks.   My point is that QB hits and pressures only show a player that manages to get near the QB at some point during the play. Without context, they don't necessarily show a player that makes a definite impact on the play. That's why I value PFF's pass rush productivity (PRP) stat, because sacks are weighted more heavily than hits and pressures. And that makes sense because a sack ends the play. A QB can be pressured, even hit, and still make a positive play. Recognizing a sack as nearly always a negative play for the offense, PRP shows the difference between a guy who gets near the QB, and a pass rusher who makes plays for the defense. Sometimes the overlap is not as great as you might think.   Lawson's PRP was 8.5, tied for #18, well separated from guys like Bosa (10.6) and Watt (9.7). In general, a player with a bunch of total pressures, but low sack numbers, like Lawson, is a guy who gets a bunch of pass rush snaps but doesn't have the length, bend and closing speed to get home often enough. This is why guys like Trey Hendrickson and Leonard Floyd can have a third fewer total pressures, but twice as many sacks as Lawson (Hendrickson also had 80 fewer pass rush snaps). And Lawson gets a ton of pass rush snaps because he plays for a bad team with no other good edge rushers, so as long as he's healthy he'll have a lot of pressures, but he'll probably never be a big sack guy.   He's Trey Flowers. Better 40, same agility, not as long, mid level edge rusher who is well rounded and a good guy to have on your team, but not a dominant pass rusher. I can't see offering him $14m/year to not sack the QB. Any projection that has him as a big time sack guy is unrealistic, IMO.
    • It's nice to see Pittman, Smith and Okereke get some love.
    • Did I misread your post?   Did you not say you were in favor of moving Nelson to LT?   That if we’re going to pay him top dollar, it would be better to do it with him as our LT instead of at LG?    That wasn’t you?    I’m sorry, I thought that’s what I responded to.... 
    • With me, road whites are off-limits.  As to the blue tops, as much as i do dig the color rush blues, I’m an old-school-uni guy, and would lean to white pants.   I’m in Penn State country, and there are some similarities i guess.   I do think improvements can be made in the striping.  Minimal enough cahange to keep purists happy, but could “update the uni.  Perhaps 3 stripes down the leg and middle of helmet.  Middle one thicker than sides.  Not crazy wide.... tasteful like the stripes on a shelby. The middle stripe could be horseshoes similar to the way seattle uses imagry.  Maybe a large horseshoe on each shoulder that circles down around the number.  Minimal...... but updated..... without losing the “brand.”   Remember that outdated font that was recently retired?  A small “refresh” might be nice.   I’d like to see a “ghosted” image of like padding texture or like metalplate image (barely noticeable) at shoulder pads, knee and thigh pads.  Like a 3d effect.   I remember oregon once had ghosted wings on the shoulders that were cool, bit not “too much.”
  • Members

    • stitches

      stitches 8,060

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • White shoes

      White shoes 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Gyworks

      Gyworks 13

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ReMeDy

      ReMeDy 425

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Introspect

      Introspect 196

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Robert Johnson

      Robert Johnson 97

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dew5150

      dew5150 110

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tvturner

      tvturner 291

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • The Peytonator

      The Peytonator 455

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 8,404

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...