Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philip Rivers is retiring from the NFL

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Tom is still great but I would take Manning if we were doing an all-time draft over Tom. Manning could take a 1-15 team to 9-7 in 1 season with a mediocre coach, not sure Tom could? Now Tom like Montana are clutch in the playoffs.

I don't want to think about how good brady was because like I said above lots of asterisks.  His SB's were tainted, their footballs are deflated and many more known or suspected digressions.

But the eye test tells me he's not among the all time greats. And even if someone does consider him great, he and his Pat's  are KNOWN CHEATERS and should be condemned. 

Instead of being applauded for their tainted feats, they should be ridiculed and disgraced by the fans & media. 

But todays world is different than days of the past.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I doubt that

Hail fellow, well met.   I'm glad we had Rivers in 2020. I'm very glad he had a good season, and so did the team. I'm disappointed we couldn't get him to the SB, and I'm kind of disappointed

Much respect to Rivers He came and played very well for us last season. Exceeded most expectations.     Wish nothing but the best for him and his family. Look forward to the day he gets

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I am not completely against Wentz...but it's not my preference. I actually think Sirianni being in PHI might more easily facilitate that trade.

I know people think it's a sign that PHI is going to keep Wentz...but I am not so sure. I know the narrative is that Reich gave a strong recommendation to Wentz (who trusts Reich immensely)...and I am sure he did.  But I can also see Sirianni seeing PHI as an opportunity to blaze his own path with Hurts.

I just can't see Ballard taking on that contract but that is what makes this offseason interesting. Who knows what Ballard might do?

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't want to think about how good brady was because like I said above lots of asterisks.  His SB's were tainted, their footballs are deflated and many more known or suspected digressions.

But the eye test tells me he's not among the all time greats. And even if someone does consider him great, he and his Pat's  are KNOWN CHEATERS and should be condemned. 

Instead of being applauded for their tainted feats, they should be ridiculed and disgraced by the fans & media. 

But todays world is different than days of the past.

Oh I hated the Pats when he played there. Them and the Steelers both haha . 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just can't see Ballard taking on that contract but that is what makes this offseason interesting. Who knows what Ballard might do?

How much more per year, if any, is Wentz's contract than the $25 million Ballard paid Rivers?  

I think if Ballard targets Wentz,  the money part is the least obstacle keeping it from happening. 

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

How much more per year, if any, is Wentz's contract than the $25 million Ballard paid Rivers?  

I think if Ballard targets Wentz,  the money part is the least obstacle keeping it from happening. 

I think he would be paid over 30,000,000 next season. I may be wrong on that one as I didn't look it up. I know his contract is off the charts. The Rivers signing was fine because it was only 1 year for 25,000,000.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think teams realize we are in a bind.  That's because we are and everybody knows it.  But desperate No.  Houston is praying they can keep Watson happy and heaven forbid he decides to force a trade to us.  The same for Stafford.  He could force a trade as well.  Dalton, Winston, JB, are just a few QB's that will be out there if preferred choices fail to materialize.  I think we will be the preferred destination for all of the FA QB's and all of the veteran QB's under contract that have a chance of being traded from their current teams and those teams know it.  I expect our QB search will move along very quickly now.  If we are going to acquire a new veteran QB to be our starter, which I think we will, I think we will have him on board by the start of FA.  The quicker that position is finalized the quicker our attention can turn to other FA's and the draft.   Can't really do much of anything until we know who our QB is and how much cap space to allow for the position.  

Everyone without a franchise QB is in a bind. Some have franchise QBs and are in a bind (Houston)

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Perhaps you should switch to Head & Shoulders but if you think the Colts did not have advance against the Bills because of poor playing you are scratching somewhere other than your scalp.

I always love getting insulted by someone whose post was obviously wrong...  especially when I presented clear and obvious facts.   I know they are pesky.   It’s like when the road runner runs into the mountain at full speed — it just doesn’t move.   Facts are like that.  

Good luck. 

• Haha 1
On 1/21/2021 at 10:58 AM, King Colt said:

Right now the Colts are missing one piece QB to win the SB. The Bills are rated as among the best in the NFL and the Colts played them one to one if not out played them all day but lost the game. They do not need a 5 Star QB just a skilled one that can move.

Rivers wasn't why we lost, we could've went all the way with him IMO. We lost because of 1 or 2 boneheaded plays and a miss chip shot FG. I know you like many blame the QB for losses. That is normal.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he would be paid over 30,000,000 next season. I may be wrong on that one as I didn't look it up. I know his contract is off the charts. The Rivers signing was fine because it was only 1 year for 25,000,000.

If a team trades for him he would be owed $96 million for 4 years. $24 million average But only guaranteed for first 2 seasons.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-carson-wentz-contract-breakdown-salary-cap-hit-explained-options-keep-trade-release-0599970/

His contract is not a obstacle if Ballard wants him. 

The obstacle could be Eagles may want to keep him now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I've just been digging into the Wentz contract. They really couldn't trade him before June, and they'd have to renegotiate the due date of his roster bonus, and they wouldn't get any cap savings until the trade is done. Their hands are pretty well tied unless they just bite the bullet for three months.

If they did trade him, his new team would have a $25.4m cap hit in 2021, and $22m in 2022, guaranteed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers wasn't why we lost, we could've went all the way with him IMO. We lost because of 1 or 2 boneheaded plays and a miss chip shot FG. I know you like many blame the QB for losses. That is normal.

I mean he did miss an easy first down to Burton and an easy TD to Pitt (also a less easy TD to T.Y). He and Hot-Rod both missed big ones.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Superman said:

I've just been digging into the Wentz contract. They really couldn't trade him before June, and they'd have to renegotiate the due date of his roster bonus, and they wouldn't get any cap savings until the trade is done. Their hands are pretty well tied unless they just bite the bullet for three months.

If they did trade him, his new team would have a $25.4m cap hit in 2021, and $22m in 2022, guaranteed.

Maybe I am wrong but I think the trade wentz plan went out the window when Pederson was fired.  

• Like 3
9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I always love getting insulted by someone whose post was obviously wrong...  especially when I presented clear and obvious facts.   I know they are pesky.   It’s like when the road runner runs into the mountain at full speed — it just doesn’t move.   Facts are like that.  

Good luck. 

Since you get your information from cartoons it says a lot about your source for you "clear and obvious facts".

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers played very well as usual so I want you to take time out of your busy day and cut and paste where I wrote he was the reason they lost. I'll check back tomorrow to view your work.:Nuke:

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Rivers played very well as usual so I want you to take time out of your busy day and cut and paste where I wrote he was the reason they lost. I'll check back tomorrow to view your work.:Nuke:

You didn't actually, I misread your post, my bad haha 

30 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Since you get your information from cartoons it says a lot about your source for you "clear and obvious facts".

Everything you disagree with is so hard for you to understand....

Even if we had managed to beat Buffalo, the Colts still needed to win two more games.  We would have been the underdogs in both of them.   That doesn’t make us a Super Bowl caliber team.  Not even close.   No one in the NFL community is calling us a franchise QB away from a Super Bowl caliber team.   Only you.

Good luck with that.  

On 1/22/2021 at 11:00 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Everything you disagree with is so hard for you to understand....

Even if we had managed to beat Buffalo, the Colts still needed to win two more games.  We would have been the underdogs in both of them.   That doesn’t make us a Super Bowl caliber team.  Not even close.   No one in the NFL community is calling us a franchise QB away from a Super Bowl caliber team.   Only you.

Good luck with that.  

Well simply put, you are wrong. My QB point has been said many times.  Maybe the Colts would not have won another game .....maybe. Not every team that went to the SB was the #1 rated team.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Well simply put, you are wrong. My QB point has been said many times.  Maybe the Colts would not have won another game .....maybe. Not every team that went to the SB was the #1 rated team.

Said many times by who?

We were a franchise quarterback that could get us to the playoffs and perhaps make a good run.    We came close in our first playoff game, but lost.   

Ive stated facts that you happily ignore.   We need a LT, a pass rushing DE, a WR opposing teams fear and scheme for,  and better CB play.   Those are only the most important positions in a football team other than QB.  But you ignore them. 

Look, if your want to say we’re a franchise QB team away from being a team that can make a deep playoff run and MAYBE make it to the Super Bowl — then fine.  But that’s not what you’re saying.   

The Colts are roughly 10th in the power rankings.  We have work to do to reach the Super Bowl.  More work than just QB.