Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you make another first round pick trade?


Recommended Posts

Just now, BProland85 said:

I wouldn’t hate it, but Indy has more pressing needs at starting QB and LT right now. I would love someone like Tyson Campbell in the 2nd round. 

 

I don't know. That move could put this defense over the top imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BProland85 said:

If Lattimore is still ascending and is considered a shut down CB then possibly. 

 

You don't think Lattimore is a top 5 corner?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

If the players he projected and liked at 22 all get picked before us, I could see CB doing this, as a preferable alternative to trading down or picking someone they really weren't high on.

 

This isn't really a trade you make on draft day.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

 

They must of read my Saints Cap thread.

 

Just talking about this im last couple days? Coincidence? I think not.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, w87r said:

They must of read my Saints Cap thread.

 

Just talking about this im last couple days? Coincidence? I think not.

 

Yup. They've done the same to me. We got a mole haha

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love a tall lockdown corner as much as the next guy.   And Lattimore is great.

 

But corner ranks behind QB, LT and DE on our priority list and you want to use our first round pick to address that?   I don’t get that?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I love a tall lockdown corner as much as the next guy.   And Lattimore is great.

 

But corner ranks behind QB, LT and DE on our priority list and you want to use our first round pick to address that?   I don’t get that?

 

 

Well I'd assume we'd re-sign Rivers. As far as DE goes, someone like Lattimore gives the Dline more time to get home which works for us since we don't blitz much. I mean imagine Lattimore, Rhodes, Moore with Rock and Tell to develop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Well I'd assume we'd re-sign Rivers. As far as DE goes, someone like Lattimore gives the Dline more time to get home which works for us since we don't blitz much. I mean imagine Lattimore, Rhodes, Moore with Rock and Tell to develop.

Even if we resign Rivers, we still have OT and DE to address.   I’d rather not deal with fixing both without our 1st round pick.   I think that’s dangerous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Be a solid replacement for X Rhodes.  Not sure if need to trade for him.  Too many spoiled with Luck and Manning as QB.  As for LT might have to sign Trent Williams then make a move to trade up for a QB.  Otherwise lean on Brissett and suck it up for a year.  Draft a stud CB in Rd 1 if that’s the case or DE.  Imo sitting too far back to get a top QB this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Be a solid replacement for X Rhodes.  Not sure if need to trade for him.  Too many spoiled with Luck and Manning as QB.  As for LT might have to sign Trent Williams then make a move to trade up for a QB.  Otherwise lean on Brissett and suck it up for a year.  Draft a stud CB in Rd 1 if that’s the case or DE.  Imo sitting too far back to get a top QB this year.

no way do not want GIF by CBC

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would trade it for Stafford first but if they decide to keep Stafford then yes Lattimore would be a great addition with that pick.  

Stafford trade is contingent on 2 things:

 

. Rivers retires 

. Lions plan on drafting QB

 

Both are possible

I doubt it happens

Link to post
Share on other sites

From a talent acquisition perspective: yes. And if we didn't have a huge hole at qb I would be all for it.  But even if Rivers comes back  his salary would at least be the 25m he got in 2020, and if you trade for Lattimore you are going to have to give him an extension on average of 18m a year. And just from my perspective if theres a trade and long term signing Lattimore to a new deal,  if I'm Darius Leonard and Braden Smith going into year 4 of my 4 year rookie contract where I was a starter every game I was healthy for, I would be quite angry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColtV said:

From a talent acquisition perspective: yes. And if we didn't have a huge hole at qb I would be all for it.  But even if Rivers comes back  his salary would at least be the 25m he got in 2020, and if you trade for Lattimore you are going to have to give him an extension on average of 18m a year. And just from my perspective if theres a trade and long term signing Lattimore to a new deal,  if I'm Darius Leonard and Braden Smith going into year 4 of my 4 year rookie contract where I was a starter every game I was healthy for, I would be quite angry.

hulk smash GIF

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would trade it for Stafford first but if they decide to keep Stafford then yes Lattimore would be a great addition with that pick.  

 

No way in hell I'm giving up a first for Stafford. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Even if we resign Rivers, we still have OT and DE to address.   I’d rather not deal with fixing both without our 1st round pick.   I think that’s dangerous. 

 

I still think we can move Smith to LT and we can just draft a RT in the second. DE we'd just have to re-sign Houston and hope Turay is finally healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

 

I still think we can move Smith to LT and we can just draft a RT in the second. DE we'd just have to re-sign Houston and hope Turay is finally healthy.

I think Colts ultimately draft LT one of the first 2 rounds 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I think Colts ultimately draft LT one of the first 2 rounds 

 

I was referring to using a first on Lattimore

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

No way in hell I'm giving up a first for Stafford. 

Well then you’re likely not getting him. 
 

I think when JC traded for Steve Smith about 6 years ago or so, I think it cost the Chiefs either a pair of twos or a 2 and a 3.   Even if we’re willing, some other team might offer better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well then you’re likely not getting him. 
 

I think when JC traded for Steve Smith about 6 years ago or so, I think it cost the Chiefs either a pair of twos or a 2 and a 3.   Even if we’re willing, some other team might offer better. 

 

I was referring to Stafford not Lattimore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I still think we can move Smith to LT and we can just draft a RT in the second. DE we'd just have to re-sign Houston and hope Turay is finally healthy.

I think that’s a pipe dream.   Success at RT doesn’t mean you can also be successful at left tackle.  They’re completely different. 
 

Remember, Ballard had to be convinced that Smith and his 32.25 arms could play right tackle.   On the left side, teams prefer 34 or longer.   That’s, in part why Clark was considered such a good prospect.  His arms are 36 inches.   Yes, it will help having Nelson next to you.  But LT takes a special player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think that’s a pipe dream.   Success at RT doesn’t mean you can also be successful at left tackle.  They’re completely different. 
 

Remember, Ballard had to be convinced that Smith and his 32.25 arms could play right tackle.   On the left side, teams prefer 34 or longer.   That’s, in part why Clark was considered such a good prospect.  His arms are 36 inches.   Yes, it will help having Nelson next to you.  But LT takes a special player. 

 

And Clark and his long arms couldn't stop a ten year old. Smith has proven he's one of the best young linemen. There's always exception.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

I was referring to Stafford not Lattimore.

Huh?    I know.   I was explaining if you won’t trade a first for Stafford, then it’s unlikely you will get him.   We traded a first to get five very good years from Buckner. 
 

Odds are Stafford has 5 very good years left. A franchise QB who can give you 5 years should be able to command a first round pick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

And Clark and his long arms couldn't stop a ten year old. Smith has proven he's one of the best young linemen. There's always exception.

If you try to compile a list of left tackles with 32 inch arms, the list might not be one deep.  In other words, zero. 

 

Left tackle is not a place you want to gamble on.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?    I know.   I was explaining if you won’t trade a first for Stafford, then it’s unlikely you will get him.   We traded a first to get five very good years from Buckner. 
 

Odds are Stafford has 5 very good years left. A franchise QB who can give you 5 years should be able to command a first round pick. 

 

Stafford is a stat QB not a winning QB. He still hasn't won a playoff game

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you try to compile a list of left tackles with 32 inch arms, the list might not be one deep.  In other words, zero. 

 

Left tackle is not a place you want to gamble on.   

 

All I'm saying it's worth exploring. Measurements don't matter when you have talent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danlhart87 said:

He plays for the Lions

They rarely if ever make playoffs 

 

And the bills and browns? Terrible franchises for a long time and both Allen and Mayfield have playoff wins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

All I'm saying it's worth exploring. Measurements don't matter when you have talent. 

Measurements don’t matter?   Really?

 

Tell that to Chris Ballard and he will laugh in your face.   Hysterically!   The Colts have measurement requirements for every position.   Yes, they sign exceptions to the rule,  like Kenny Moore,  but those are rare. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Measurements don’t matter?   Really?

 

Tell that to Chris Ballard and he will laugh in your face.   Hysterically!   The Colts have measurement requirements for every position.   Yes, they sign exceptions to the rule,  like Kenny Moore,  but those are rare. 

 

I said Smith is an exception. He wasn't even supposed to play RT and now he's one of the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Stafford is a stat QB not a winning QB. He still hasn't won a playoff game

Im not the poster who brought up Stafford.   Other posters did.  I’m just here explaining the downside of you wanting to spend our first on Lattimore.  Remember, I really like him.  Right guy, but the wrong off-season to make this move.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Well if we keep 3 QBs then whoever is better in camp/training can be the back up.
    • I have no idea what to do with measurements and athletic testing from players this year. Do you ignore them altogether? How do you know which ones are real'ish?      
    • In reality they are probably right to point out that most GMs in the league don't have long enough track record to be free of small sample bias one way or the other. It's very likely if you gave every GM 100 drafts, their draft success will tend to converge toward the average. BTW, I wonder where Grigson would be on those graphs. I would guess pretty high thanks to drafting Luck and TY Hilton(similar to HOU in this graph thanks to Deshaun Watson). Just another reminder that even though those graphs might be useful in some cases you have to keep in mind their limitations and biases.
    • Doug...  these anti-Watson rants have gone from bad to worse.   Other posters here have noted you make it sound personal.   You have mischaracterized most everything that has happened.   Watson has a lot of support around the NFL.   I’d say far more support than dont.   I don’t pretend to know how this is going to finish?   But I hope you can lower the temperature here...   I don’t think it’s helpful.   Just my two cents...     
    • Yeah, if Miller or Haeg had the WHOLE resume and the talent of Godwin maybe we should. Worth pointing out that this was probably the worst stretch of Godwin's career (and it was mainly thanks to drops). I think he had like 7 drops in the playoffs while never having more than 2 in a whole season previously. I would personally consider that a freaky happenstance, and trust the much bigger sample of him being a very reliable catcher of the football. Also, it's not me that's taken it here. YOU just did.   I've already pointed out several times that this is NOT my 'take', but rather a guess on part of the explanation on the Bucs place in those graphs. So why do you keep going with this? At this point I am considering this bad faith exchange on your part. On the second part - yes, it would have to be taken in consideration(if they were up for trade and tied in similar contracts, rather than Godwin being a FA). BTW Godwin is one of the players we should consider breaking Ballard's bank on this FA. Insert Whynothaveboth.gif Agree with this. Evans is both better and more valuable than Godwin. Worth pointing out that both Superbowl teams had premier pass catching weapons as it relates to our discussion on the value of the position.  
  • Members

    • life long

      life long 185

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mackrel829

      Mackrel829 70

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 4,562

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • stitches

      stitches 8,003

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Thunderbolt

      Thunderbolt 451

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Narcosys

      Narcosys 531

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JlynRN

      JlynRN 289

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 2006Coltsbestever

      2006Coltsbestever 21,889

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Maxwell2

      Maxwell2 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • smittywerb

      smittywerb 167

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...