Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Sirianni hired as Eagles HC (merged)

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Their contracts are basically the same for the next two years. Wentz is several years younger, so in theory you could sustain something with him on your roster. 

Stafford is higher on my list, though.

I did read Stafford was only being paid 9.5 Mill next year though. That is by Spotrac. 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why people think the only thing an OC does is call plays...

If Marcus Brady is a no go, I would not be opposed to consider Marty Mornhinweg.   During his career as an offensive coordinator, Mornhinweg's offenses have finished 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th,

Seems like it’s McDaniels’ job to back out of. Good to have Sirianni as a backup option.

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

well man out of the 8 plays you show, there are 12 verts.  That’s a lot.  I don’t know why you’d run mesh without a clear out.  I wasn’t aware that was done.

In general most pass plays have at least one vertical option, right? Doesn't mean the vertical route is the first read, or that you have to wait for the vertical route to develop before someone else is open.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I did read Stafford was only being paid 9.5 Mill next year though. That is by Spotrac. 

Salary. He has a $10m roster bonus and a $500k workout bonus. His total cap hit to a new team would be $20m in 2021. Assuming he doesn't get a new deal.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Superman said:

Salary. He has a $10m roster bonus and a $500k workout bonus. His total cap hit to a new team would be $20m in 2021. Assuming he doesn't get a new deal.

Thanks for the info, I am still trying to learn how these contracts work lol. 

19 hours ago, Superman said:

Which begs the question... If you trade for him, do you prefer him to stay on his current contract or would you be willing to give him more money and extend the contract with 2 more years?

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Which begs the question... If you trade for him, do you prefer him to stay on his current contract or would you be willing to give him more money and extend the contract with 2 more years?

I'd prefer to wait until after 2021 before guaranteeing him more money. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Same, what if he demands new contract as a condition for the trade? 

He doesn't have a no trade clause, so I don't know how much leverage he has. But negotiations can be had if that's what he wants. 

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Well this was a little rough lol

Ouch.... That's all nerves right there. He's usually much more clear and concise than that.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Shive said:

Ouch.... That's all nerves right there. He's usually much more clear and concise than that.

I'm sure he'll get it together. He better, Philly fans will eat their own lol. 

He's got a tough job in front of him. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Shive said:

Agreed. He’s not used to attention like that, the first time is always the hardest with interviewing. Still better than Gase’s Jets introduction. 

• Like 1

Sirriani says they want a smarter football team.  So to accomplish that, he wants to simplify the system and playbook to make it easier to learn, so the talent can take over.  LOL.  I know what he means, but that's a strange way to word it.

Sounds like in his first professional presser, he's already laying the groundwork for Hurts to take over.

A decision objectively made of course.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Sirriani says they want a smarter football team.  So to accomplish that, he wants to simplify the system and playbook to make it easier to learn, so the talent can take over.  LOL.  I know what he means, but that's a strange way to word it.

Sounds like in his first professional presser, he's already laying the groundwork for Hurts to take over.

A decision objectively made of course.

For whatever it’s worth....

Nick Sirianni will not be the first NFL HC to take over a franchise and simplify things so players do more playing and less thinking. 

Perhaps he didn’t say it all that well, but what he’s inherited is not uncommon.  Some coaches overthink things and players don’t perform as well as expected.   Too much thinking, not enough playing. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nick Sirianni will not be the first NFL HC to take over a franchise and simplify things so players do more playing and less thinking. 

Perhaps he didn’t say it all that well, but what he’s inherited is not uncommon.  Some coaches overthink things and players don’t perform as well as expected.   Too much thinking, not enough playing. 

We were a victim to over thinking quite a few times this year, if we are being honest.

Wish Nick, nothing but success.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, w87r said:

We were a victim to over thinking quite a few times this year, if we are being honest.

Wish Nick, nothing but success.

You’ll get no argument from me on that.  

But the distinction id make is the over-thinking we experienced came from decisions made on the sidelines during a game. 

And not the system we ran forthe players to execute.   I think the system was fine, even when the in-game decisions made seemed like real head scratchers. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

You’ll get no argument from me on that.  

But the distinction id make is the over-thinking we experienced came from decisions made on the sidelines during a game. 

And not the system we ran forward the players to execute.   I think the system was fine, even when the in-game decisions made seemed like real head scratchers. 

Yeah no doubt. Definitely was from a coaching aspect.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I was thinking that Philly's problem is that they are old and were injured, not necessarily too young and inexperienced.  So the old vets grasping the O that's been there for 4 years wouldn't be what he meant.

I think it was directed at Hurts.  So it would make it easier for him to win the starting job by playing well with a simplified O.

Because Wentz is going to be traded.....

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wentz is going to be traded?

You realize the league wide perception is that Sirianni was viewed as the next best thing to Reich, so the Eagles hired him to fix Wentz, not trade Wentz? 

Yeah I don’t get the assumption that Wentz is available, Sirianni went to Eagles to rejuvenate Wentz’s career not trade him to colts. 

• Thanks 1