Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Sirianni hired as Eagles HC (merged)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why people think the only thing an OC does is call plays...

If Marcus Brady is a no go, I would not be opposed to consider Marty Mornhinweg.   During his career as an offensive coordinator, Mornhinweg's offenses have finished 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th,

Seems like it’s McDaniels’ job to back out of. Good to have Sirianni as a backup option.

16 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He has been a qb coach in the NFL for 2 seasons.    Seems like a pretty big jump with not much experience

It does but he has been pretty sought after which means other teams see something. 

I would love to have a young guy from the college ranks. I think it would add some creativity.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Marcus Brady is favorite 

If he falls through i would choose Kafka 

If Marcus Brady is a no go, I would not be opposed to consider Marty Mornhinweg.

During his career as an offensive coordinator, Mornhinweg's offenses have finished 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th, and 12th in total offense, and regularly highly ranked in big plays. He was offensive consultant to Doug Pederson and along with Jim Schwartz who retired, Mornhinweg was also let go. I am certain Reich is familiar with him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
51 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Marcus Brady..... Keeps continuity and blocks the Jags from hiring him, not block, but makes jags a lateral move....

Seconded.

He engineered all the protections for the Colts’ O this year, and the Colts had the second-lowest sack rate in the league, only behind Pittsburgh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hope Nick does not poach any of our coaches. As for Reich he has some veteran coaches that could slide into that position. Bottomline, it has all to do with the QB position and the offensive strategy going forward. I can see Ballard/Dodd working it out with Reich and Irsay. 

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You don’t think the O-coordinator matters?

I hope you’re kidding..... 

Yes I was kidding.  That's why I laughed!  I know...sarcasm is hard to read on the interwebs.

• Like 1
  • Superman changed the title to Update: Sirianni hired as Eagles HC (merged)

Will be interesting to see who Frank brings in.  Pederson makes some sense but not sure if that’s who I want the Colts to hire and I am not sure if he wants to jump right back into coaching.  There was one report when he was fired he was tired of people telling him what to do.  

I will say if the Colts do bring in Pederson I think that increases the odds of the Colts trying to pry Wentz or Hurts free from the Eagles.  

I saw another thread wondering if Nick going to the Eagles means Flus could go with him.  Since that would be a lateral move the Colts can and I am sure they would block that move.  The only way Flus leaves is if he gets a head coaching job.  

The good news is that only the Texans seem to be exploring him for that and we just saw how fast the hiring process moves if you think you have the guy after the interview.  So the fact the Texans having hired Flus this long after his interview is good news for the Colts.  It doesn’t mean he can’t still go but it’s good news right now.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wouldn’t mind someone from the outside with a fresh set of eyes. Someone younger and imaginative.

Um, wut?

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Colts hire Phillip Rivers as new OC

"Hey....run the dad-gummed play I called....and stop moseying around out there...."

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Um, wut?

"Hey....run the dad-gummed play I called....and stop moseying around out there...."

I know your last point is a joke but I don’t think this going to change Frank calling the plays.  

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Hope Nick does not poach any of our coaches. As for Reich he has some veteran coaches that could slide into that position. Bottomline, it has all to do with the QB position and the offensive strategy going forward. I can see Ballard/Dodd working it out with Reich and Irsay. 

He’d have to hire them as his coordinators otherwise it’s a lateral move and the Colts can and would block them.

Kinda surprised since Nick didn't even call the plays, but I guess they want someone similar to Frank's play designs.

17 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I saw another thread wondering if Nick going to the Eagles means Flus could go with him.  Since that would be a lateral move the Colts can and I am sure they would block that move.  The only way Flus leaves is if he gets a head coaching job.  

They can block Flus, and they can block Brady, assuming they're still under contract.

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

Yes I was kidding.  That's why I laughed!  I know...sarcasm is hard to read on the interwebs.

Thanks.   You are correct.  Sarcasm often is hard to read without an emoji or something that more clearly indicates that.   

Sometimes I’m a little slow.    That’s why I put my comment in the form of a question.  

37 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I know your last point is a joke but I don’t think this going to change Frank calling the plays.  

Yes, should have said "designed", rather than "called".

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

Yes, should have said "designed", rather than "called".

Could be Frank's last season in indy.

Next year we could be looking into a whole new coaching staff, as Eberfluss will get some HC offers and with no Franchise QB, I could see us declining :(   

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’d have to hire them as his coordinators otherwise it’s a lateral move and the Colts can and would block them.

I believe for those rules it's structured as head coach and assistant coach (OC and a QB coach are under this category). You can hire any assistant coach as a head coach without the current team blocking it. Attempting to hire a team's QB coach as your OC is considered a lateral move and can be blocked if they're under contract.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a long day....lol

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

I believe for those rules it's structured as head coach and assistant coach (OC and a QB coach are under this category). You can hire any assistant coach as a head coach without the current team blocking it. Attempting to hire a team's QB coach as your OC is considered a lateral move and can be blocked if they're under contract.

I believe, but I could be wrong, you can hire any position coach as a coordinator.  That’s how the Colts got Flus and Nick to start with.

47 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Could be Frank's last season in indy.

If this were a high probability, I think the Colts would have told Siriani or Eberflus to stick around and you'll be the next HC, assuming Ballard thinks enough of one of them to offer the job.

16 minutes ago, Shive said:

I’m sure it happens but blocking a coach at a chance for promotion would look unfavorable to anyone we would want to hire.