Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Sirianni hired as Eagles HC (merged)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why people think the only thing an OC does is call plays...

If Marcus Brady is a no go, I would not be opposed to consider Marty Mornhinweg.   During his career as an offensive coordinator, Mornhinweg's offenses have finished 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th,

Seems like it’s McDaniels’ job to back out of. Good to have Sirianni as a backup option.

19 hours ago, EastStreet said:

IMO, they don't want to unload Wentz. It's just a bad situation. Sirianni might be the best option to salvage Wentz, depending on how they view the Reich/Sirianni relationship. I doubt the Pats OC that will not be named wants to go deal with the Philly mess. And it is a mess right now.

That said, Sirianni is a huge gamble. Never a HC, never called plays. 

With Wentz’s contract, I don’t think the Eagles have much of a choice but to try again to make it work out.  What other team is going to assume the contract of a benched QB who is about to become one of the 10 highest paid QBs in the league?

10 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Which was likely never going to happen.    

Ballard doesn't hire the OC, that'll be up to Frank really, Chris just brings the contract to sign after a cursory interview

I'm sure Ballard has plenty of say in the decision. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Marcus Brady..... Keeps continuity and blocks the Jags from hiring him, not block, but makes jags a lateral move....

yup  Seems like the clear move

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

I think he really wants to coach high school.  That's his passion.

his passion is having kids apparently 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Andrew Luck :banana:

Curtis Painter 

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

What do you guys think about Mike Kafka?

anybody?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

his passion is having kids apparently 

Curtis Painter 

anybody?

Kafka is part of an electric offense but does he have any connection with Reich?  I think that's important here.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think he's with the Chargers?  He was a good OC.  Frank is going to call the plays anyway.

Not only do I NOT think Pep was a good OC, his very checkered resume since he left here proves.   Ugh.

Hard pass!    (I think I just threw up in my mouth!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Fluke_33 said:

Kafka is part of an electric offense but does he have any connection with Reich?  I think that's important here.

I was thinking in terms of possibly opening up the offensive playbook 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Marcus Brady.

He's certainly the favorite i saw Jags want him too 

Just now, compuls1v3 said:

Does it matter?  Reich calls the plays anyways.... lol

Let's make Reich OC

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He has been a qb coach in the NFL for 2 seasons.    Seems like a pretty big jump with not much experience

He was an OC in the CFL for six years, with play calling duties (I believe). And he's probably going to be an OC here or somewhere else within the next year. I think it's the first option for the team.

• Like 3
  • Superman changed the title to Update: Sirianni hired as Eagles HC (merged)