Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Sirianni hired as Eagles HC (merged)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WolverineColtsFan said:

I know he's talked about taking a year off, but what are the chance that Coach Reich my look at bringing in his former HC, Pederson as an OC?

I'm not a fan of it from a locker room perspective, because his decisions in the Week 17 game didn't resonate well with players across the league. Even if we perceive it to not be a big deal, it apparently was with players and I don't think Ballard wants to bring in anyone, especially at a coordinator level, that could cause problems. I could maybe see him being brought in in a "consulting" role, but not OC.

Even if we brought him in as OC, I don't see Frank handing the playcalling duties over to Pederson.

Just now, Shive said:

I'm not a fan of it from a locker room perspective, because his decisions in the Week 17 didn't resonate well with players across the league. Even if we perceive it to not be a big deal, it apparently was with players and I don't think Ballard wants to bring in anyone, especially at a coordinator level, that could cause problems. I could maybe see him being brought in in a "consulting" role, but not OC.

Makes sense.  What he did all season left a lot of questions.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wentz most likely stays if Nick gets the job. I bet he has had a lot of conversations with Reich about him.

IMO, they don't want to unload Wentz. It's just a bad situation. Sirianni might be the best option to salvage Wentz, depending on how they view the Reich/Sirianni relationship. I doubt the Pats OC that will not be named wants to go deal with the Philly mess. And it is a mess right now.

That said, Sirianni is a huge gamble. Never a HC, never called plays. 

18 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That’s a lot of poaching. But seriously, that’s like half a dozen guys on staff/FO that other teams have shown interest in.

IIRC, when Ballard first got the job, he said that he hoped to get to a point where his staff where coveted by other teams. 

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

IIRC, when Ballard first got the job, he said that he hoped to get to a point where his staff where coveted by other teams. 

That is good, and bad!!! I bet if we lose Sirianni, Reich has his former coach Doug Pederson on the line. :) 

59 minutes ago, chad72 said:

That is good, and bad!!! I bet if we lose Sirianni, Reich has his former coach Doug Pederson on the line. :) 

Please no. I don't think you could fill the shoes of an extremely likeable and relatable guy like Sirianni with a coach that just caused an uproar amongst players across the league with his week 17 decision. You need players to buy in with their coaches and I don't think the trust would be there for Pederson right now.

• Superman changed the title to [Schefter] Nick Sirianni is interviewing today for the Eagles’ HC job UPDATED: Sirianni hired by Eagles as HC
  • Nadine changed the title to Nick Sirianni New Eagles Head Coach/ Who do yall want as OC?
  • CR91 changed the title to Nick Sirianni leaving to be the Eagles HC
On 1/19/2021 at 12:30 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I guess the Eagles like the way he holds Reich's clipboard. :funny:

Reich picks what plays to call during the game but nick designs the plays . Colts ran a good offense it was just the play calling that was suspect at times.  Frank never called plays when he was the eagles oc.

• Shive changed the title to Nick Sirianni will be new Eagles HC (Merge)

Although I am sad to see him leave I think this should maybe open up our offense more? I’m hoping a new OC will have some new ideas to put on Reich to get players more in position to exceed. Oh and I hope they tell him to stop the predictable runs up the middle with Hines lol

Man. This offseason just gets tougher. Ballard's got to find a new QB, Left Tackle AND Offensive Coordinator. Nick was good too.

And, like others, this move is a double-king-me for Philly in that getting Nick is as close as you can get to getting Reich back to work with Wentz. Combined with all the money issues that Philly would face by trading Wentz, this move feels like it would solidify keeping Wentz. 

One less QB to think about

14 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Damn. I wanted to see him call plays here 

Which was likely never going to happen.    

1 minute ago, Gigc said:

Man. This offseason just gets tougher. Ballard's got to find a new QB, Left Tackle AND Offensive Coordinator. Nick was good too.

And, like others, this move is a double-king-me for Philly in that getting Nick is as close as you can get to getting Reich back to work with Wentz. Combined with all the money issues that Philly would face by trading Wentz, this move feels like it would solidify keeping Wentz. 

One less QB to think about

Ballard doesn't hire the OC, that'll be up to Frank really, Chris just brings the contract to sign after a cursory interview

Archived