Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 interesting 2020 NFL stories you may not know....

NewColtsFan

Two of the three involve former COLTS....

1.   Anyone here remember PJ Walker?    The little (sub 6') QB who would show up at camp,  be our 4th string guy,  eventually get cut and go elsewhere...   Canada, or XFL or wherever.

Well...   not only was PJ Walker in the NFL this year (Carolina)  he actually played in four games.    Wait!   There's more!    He actually started one game, and, yes,  he actually won!

Here's PJ's profile page.   You can see as you scroll down.   Good for the kid.   Who doesn't like a feel good story?

https://www.panthers.com/team/players-roster/p-j-walker/logs/

2.   It would appear that the career of AQ Shipley has ended.   The former Colts center, who moved on to the Rams where he started and played well for them for a few years may be over. 

Late in the season,  he suffered what sounds like a badly pinched nerve in his neck.   HC Sean McVey made it sound like he was done.   Gotta like a guy who wasn't blessed with much 

talent, but made the most out of what talent he had.    Hope he enjoys a long, healthy retirement.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/25/a-q-shipley-may-have-suffered-career-ending-injury/

3.   Frank Ragnow, the Center for the Detroit Lions is now competing for a title I'm sure he didn't want to prove he's worth.   Toughest Son a Gun in Football.   In Week 14,  Ragnow suffered

a fractured throat!    In more than 50 years of following football, I have never heard of such a thing.   But wait!   It gets better!   Ragnow didn't come out of the game.   He played through it. 

The only change was having the guard call the line blocking changes.   Ragnow couldn't speak.    He missed the next two games and didn't talk that entire time, and then played the last              game of the season.    During his time off when he didn't speak,  doctors told him he needed to protect his vocal chords to make sure he could talk for the rest of his life.     The next time            fans begrudge the players,  remember Frank Ragnow. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/frank-ragnow-on-throat-injury-time-missed-focus-was-on-preserving-voice-for-the-

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

1.   Anyone here remember PJ Walker?    The little (sub 6') QB who would show up at camp,  be our 4th string guy,  eventually get cut and go elsewhere...   Canada, or XFL or wherever.

Well...   not only was PJ Walker in the NFL this year (Carolina)  he actually played in four games.    Wait!   There's more!    He actually started one game, and, yes,  he actually won!

Here's PJ's profile page.   You can see as you scroll down.   Good for the kid.   Who doesn't like a feel good story?

2.   It would appear that the career of AQ Shipley has ended.   The former Colts center, who moved on to the Rams where he started and played well for them for a few years may be over. 

Late in the season,  he suffered what sounds like a badly pinched nerve in his neck.   HC Sean McVey made it sound like he was done.   Gotta like a guy who wasn't blessed with much 

talent, but made the most out of what talent he had.    Hope he enjoys a long, healthy retirement.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/25/a-q-shipley-may-have-suffered-career-ending-injury/

3.   Frank Ragnow, the Center for the Detroit Lions is now competing for a title I'm sure he didn't want to prove he's worth.   Toughest Son a Gun in Football.   In Week 14,  Ragnow suffered

a fractured throat!    In more than 50 years of following football, I have never heard of such a thing.   But wait!   It gets better!   Ragnow didn't come out of the game.   He played through it. 

The only change was having the guard call the line blocking changes.   Ragnow couldn't speak.    He missed the next two games and didn't talk that entire time, and then played the last              game of the season.    During his time off when he didn't speak,  doctors told him he needed to protect his vocal chords to make sure he could talk for the rest of his life.     The next time            fans begrudge the players,  remember Frank Ragnow. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/frank-ragnow-on-throat-injury-time-missed-focus-was-on-preserving-voice-for-the-

Bruce Arians was AQ's head coach.   Not mcvay

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Colts defensive lineman Henry Anderson also fractured his throat a few years ago.

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bucs and Arians. also went AZ after us never LAR

Archived