Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ingram released by Ravens

Zoltan

12 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Why was he released now and their season just ended? 

A bonus if he's on roster on January 20?..... to possibly hook up with a team still playing and possibly go to Super Bowl

It was to save cap space

10 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

We need receivers !!!

With all due respect, you need Lamar to improve his reads. It can't be that Marquise Brown, Willie Snead AND Miles Boykin are all bums that cannot be taught to do a few things. Lamar still zeroes in on Mark Andrews too much. I understand he trusts him but if he spread it around by looking at more than 2 reads to throw, he will be a better QB, IMO. They need to work on him reading Ds and throwing with anticipation.

You can have all the WRs you want but if your QB runs to run instead of runs to throw, the end product is what you see against good Ds in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

With all due respect, you need Lamar to improve his reads. It can't be that Marquise Brown, Willie Snead AND Miles Boykin are all bums that cannot be taught to do a few things. Lamar still zeroes in on Mark Andrews too much. I understand he trusts him but if he spread it around by looking at more than 2 reads to throw, he will be a better QB, IMO. They need to work on him reading Ds and throwing with anticipation.

You can have all the WRs you want but if your QB runs to run instead of runs to throw, the end product is what you see against good Ds in the playoffs. 

I disagree the Ravens best WR Brown is not a number 1 he's a slot WR. The fact that they signed Dez Bryant shows how bad their WR room is and from at least me watching Lamar he spends a lot of time scrambling around waiting for an open WR. A great example was in the playoffs when he scrambled around was about to run for the first but then reestablished his feet and threw a pass to his RB who dropped it. 

I think if they give him a WR, like how the Bills got Diggs for Allen you will see a big improvement in the passing game.

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

I disagree the Ravens best WR Brown is not a number 1 he's a slot WR. The fact that they signed Dez Bryant shows how bad their WR room is and from at least me watching Lamar he spends a lot of time scrambling around waiting for an open WR. A great example was in the playoffs when he scrambled around was about to run for the first but then reestablished his feet and threw a pass to his RB who dropped it. 

I think if they give him a WR, like how the Bills got Diggs for Allen you will see a big improvement in the passing game.

It doesn't matter if the QB does not throw in anticipation. Lamar has not learnt to throw his WRs open, he shows flashes but does not do so consistently.  Go talk to Ravens fans and they will tell you Lamar left a lot of throws on the field with either lack of anticipation or mechanical consistency. I saw that several times just in 1 game on MNF vs the Browns. 

A guy opposite Marquise Brown for the outside consistently, yes, I agree they need one, they may go after someone like Allen Robinson like you inferred Diggs for Allen, and Hopkins for Murray. But his mechanics and anticipation still have to improve, I stand by that 100%.

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

I think I’ve said previously Lamar has to improve his passing game. But honestly, you need to look historically at who the Ravens have drafted at wide receiver, and who they passed up on. It ain’t pretty 

28 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I think I’ve said previously Lamar has to improve his passing game. But honestly, you need to look historically at who the Ravens have drafted at wide receiver, and who they passed up on. It ain’t pretty 

The only Bal guys I've ever liked at TE and WR were Steve Smith and Todd Heap. 

12 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

However, you do have to think about the OCs they have hired and the style of offenses they have run. They have always been a run first, set up play action kind of team on offense with defense and ST at the top of their calling cards. However, in the modern NFL, hard to go farther without a very good passing game. 

On 1/21/2021 at 8:20 PM, TimetobringDfence! said:

The only Bal guys I've ever liked at TE and WR were Steve Smith and Todd Heap. 

Andrews is pretty good , Brown can be a good # 2, but beyond that it’s been failure at getting a # 1 receiver, other than picking up an older receiver at the end of their careers like Derrick Mason or Steve Smith. 

Archived