Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should the Colts have contracted with Brady instead of Rivers?

CR91

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Wouldn't really put it all on Rodgers. He threw for 350ish and 3 TDs. Brady just did more despite his INTs. If anything, I'd put it on GB's D. I expected them to both have around 300 and 2 to 3 TDs. Brady was just more clutch when needed. He also has better toys.

True, I just can't believe Rodgers only has won only 1 SB but then again I can because not many have won 2 or more. Marino won zero, same for Kelly, and so on. Glad Peyton got 2.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

My gut says KC right now, but I'm hearing whispers saying TB. 

IDK. Need to look deeper before I pick. TB is peaking and Fournette made a huge difference today. If they get AB back, TB just has an amazing toybox. KC's toybox isn't bad either. 

Could be a shoot out. I think Tampa’s D is better but should be an interesting game if it happens 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Could be a shoot out. I think Tampa’s D is better but should be an interesting game if it happens 

IMO, TB's D is a lot better. If they get both Ss back, it'll make things much harder for Mahomes. 

Regardless, we'd still see a lot of points. You just can't really stop Mahomes.

30 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IMO, TB's D is a lot better. If they get both Ss back, it'll make things much harder for Mahomes. 

Regardless, we'd still see a lot of points. You just can't really stop Mahomes.

Yea Mahomes  with number  2 or brady with 7

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea Mahomes  with number  2 or brady with 7

I don't really have a dog in the hunt for either team. I hated Brady during the Manning days, but the hate has died a bit. They (Pats), or he (Brady), hasn't really been a Colts rivalry for a while. I just want to see an exciting game. 

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True, I just can't believe Rodgers only has won only 1 SB but then again I can because not many have won 2 or more. Marino won zero, same for Kelly, and so on. Glad Peyton got 2.

Honestly, the Packers ran at will the first half. That offensive coordinator abandoned the run second half for some reason.  Twice inside the red zone he didn’t run the ball at all he should be fired.  I couldn’t believe it 

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I don't really have a dog in the hunt for either team. I hated Brady during the Manning days, but the hate has died a bit. They (Pats), or he (Brady), hasn't really been a Colts rivalry for a while. I just want to see an exciting game. 

Exactly how I feel. And Brady has been in some of the most exciting Super Bowls, which has made the hate die for me. 

6 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Exactly how I feel. And Brady has been in some of the most exciting Super Bowls, which has made the hate die for me. 

Had Luck and the Colts been more successful, and against Brady in  more big games, I'd probably still feel the same. It's just not been much of a rivalry since PM. And it's not like Brady is a jerk, and easy to hate on. He's somewhat humble (relative to his success), and isn't a diva like a lot of others. He just goes about his business, and I admire that. Hoping for a good one in two weeks. I kind of hope he wins, and then retires lol.

23 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Had Luck and the Colts been more successful, and against Brady in  more big games, I'd probably still feel the same. It's just not been much of a rivalry since PM. And it's not like Brady is a jerk, and easy to hate on. He's somewhat humble (relative to his success), and isn't a diva like a lot of others. He just goes about his business, and I admire that. Hoping for a good one in two weeks. I kind of hope he wins, and then retires lol.

Hate and respect are often synonymous is this context.  I use the words "hate brady" but in reality towards him, it's more a headshake and a friendly "* you".

His career has been, arguably, unmatched and just because its largely been at our expense doesnt make it any less impressive.

I'd have been happy to see him here, doubt I would have bought a Jersey tho.

I was happy for Rivers too btw, and now I'm hoping for Stafford......in fact I'm only wearing  Stafford undershirts (a brand of plain white tees unafiliated with the nfl) out of superstition until a decision is made.  I have enough to last til April.

54 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Hate and respect are often synonymous is this context.  I use the words "hate brady" but in reality towards him, it's more a headshake and a friendly "* you".

His career has been, arguably, unmatched and just because its largely been at our expense doesnt make it any less impressive.

I'd have been happy to see him here, doubt I would have bought a Jersey tho.

I was happy for Rivers too btw, and now I'm hoping for Stafford......in fact I'm only wearing  Stafford undershirts (a brand of plain white tees unafiliated with the nfl) out of superstition until a decision is made.  I have enough to last til April.

I use them a bit differently, but I agree. I've always respected him. Really hated him (and BB) during the Peyton days. Now I'm just jealous lol... 

I'm hoping for Stafford too. He seems like the best and easiest fit. There's a few teams before us in the draft though with better draft pick position that I think will be in the hunt too. Going to be interesting.

Just now, EastStreet said:

I use them a bit differently, but I agree. I've always respected him. Really hated him (and BB) during the Peyton days. Now I'm just jealous lol... 

I'm hoping for Stafford too. He seems like the best and easiest fit. There's a few teams before us in the draft though with better draft pick position that I think will be in the hunt too. Going to be interesting.

My tshirt plan is infallible.....of course I also drive a car(r), and used to smoke Winston's......So I have alot of outs.

On 1/24/2021 at 7:18 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers is gone so it is old news now. He wasn't the main reason why lost to Buffalo either. Brees actually screwed the pooch against the Bucs and he was a huge reason why they lost. Yeah Tom made it to the SB, good for him. Funny Tom has zero mobility and medium arm strength but makes the SB and you guys don't say anything bad about him at all. 

First off, TB12, Aaron Rodgers can scramble in the pocket (step up, shugg off a defender) aka keeping the play alive. something that Rivers cant do. Secondly, Have you watched the Jim Irsay presser?

https://www.colts.com/video/jim-irsay-quarterback-situation-covid-19-offseason-outlook-2020-2021-season

2 things stud out to me, that I know "fans" would have called me outlandish things for. BUT, im happy it came from the "horses mouth".

1) TB12, Jim Irsay stated that the team "considered" TB12 BUT, Frank Riecht thought because of his prior relationship w/ Rivers (SMH) that Rivers was the best option. (SMH)

2) Areas of improvement: Jim stated on offense, a special/great TE and WR. He made reference of KC Kelce and WR Hill.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will address the 2nd statement. IF the colts want a standout TE, a position that I've been critical of for years and wanted to make known as a position of improvement (This chat crushed over Jackie Doyle as if he's some kinda Kelce or David Njoku) they should consider the TE from FLA Kyle Pitts.

(Colts fan base): There's no way Pitts will be available.

Me: Before the end of the NFL season, the OT from Oregon (Penai Sewell) was considered a Top 2 pick. Now he is being mocked outside Top 6-7. And Penai is considered the best/safe OT since the likes of Joe Thomas, Tyron Smith.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I'd rather go win less that have a confirmed cheat QB'ing the squad in all honestly. He devalued the game with that b.s and he has never lived it down and it is part of his legacy.

Brady is not a confirmed cheater.  Belichick yes, brady no.  The most they have on Brady is that he might have had something to hide, but we don't know because the NFL botched the chain of evidence rather badly.

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

Brady is not a confirmed cheater.  Belichick yes, brady no.  The most they have on Brady is that he might have had something to hide, but we don't know because the NFL botched the chain of evidence rather badly.

Brady requested football to be deflated, those that did the deed copped to it, Brady's phone that had the evidence on it was broken by him the day of the hearing and he said he brakes all phones on purpose every few months.....red handed...https://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/28/9060211/tom-brady-deflategate-cell-phone-roger-goodell-nfl-

13 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I'd rather go win less that have a confirmed cheat QB'ing the squad in all honestly. He devalued the game with that b.s and he has never lived it down and it is part of his legacy.

I'd rather win a superbowl than pass on a QB because he took part in the scandalous act of deflating a football.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Brady requested football to be deflated, those that did the deed copped to it, Brady's phone that had the evidence on it was broken by him the day of the hearing and he said he brakes all phones on purpose every few months.....red handed...https://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/28/9060211/tom-brady-deflategate-cell-phone-roger-goodell-nfl-

Conspiracy theory stuff.  Because the NFL didn't secure the evidence all we have is crazy nutjob talk about what "must" have been on that phone.  Go talk to someone who cares about speculation.  Or bring some actual evidence.  Pick one.  Or just go away, that's an option too.

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

Conspiracy theory stuff.  Because the NFL didn't secure the evidence all we have is crazy nutjob talk about what must have been on that phone.

Not at all, those involved admitted it and why they did it, if nothing to hide why break the phone...I mean seriously its obvious .....would have to be most naive person in world to believe otherwise, no offense but no argument cane be made for breaking the phone

38 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

One thing I've noticed in my few years of reading Colts forums. Indiana fans always know or except losing a whole lot more over winning. (kanye shrug)..

Like, I'd rather Adam Vinny stay with the Colts an extra year in hopes to break a record, than to have an adequate kicker. Or, "I'd rather have Carson Wentz" (Which will require draft picks) over Brissett, or Teddy Bridgewater (When he was a Free Agent. Decided to go with Rivers), or LAMAR JACKSON "He doesn't fit our system" lol. Well your system resulted in a quick playoff exit. This is the kinda stuff I read. And Yes, I'll say it for you. I vouched for Newton at ~ $1 Mill > Rivers at $25 Mill. Why? I knew that with Rivers, the Colts had no better chance at going deep into the playoffs over Newton. Oh, and if money wasn't an issue, then the Colts should have won TB12. No matter how much many on here hate him. You want a ring or nah? 

like, they rather go down losing a certain way than to win. i dont know man lol.

23 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

I'd rather win a superbowl than pass on a QB because he took part in the scandalous act of deflating a football.

This.

2 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

This.

One thing I've noticed in my few years of reading Colts forums. Indiana fans always know or except losing a whole lot more over winning. (kanye shrug)..

Like, I'd rather Adam Vinny stay with the Colts an extra year in hopes to break a record, than to have an adequate kicker. Or, "I'd rather have Carson Wentz" (Which will require draft picks) over Brissett, or Teddy Bridgewater (When he was a Free Agent. Decided to go with Rivers), or LAMAR JACKSON "He doesn't fit our system" lol. Well your system resulted in a quick playoff exit. This is the kinda stuff I read. And Yes, I'll say it for you. I vouched for Newton at ~ $1 Mill > Rivers at $25 Mill. Why? I knew that with Rivers, the Colts had no better chance at going deep into the playoffs over Newton. Oh, and if money wasn't an issue, then the Colts should have won TB12. No matter how much many on here hate him. You want a ring or nah? 

like, they rather go down losing a certain way than to win. i dont know man lol.

Not sure if you have ever coached, I have for many years. More then once opportunity presented itself to cheat and not get caught and would have increased odds of winning but what example does that set and what kind of win is that. Perhaps your parents raised you to think and act differently or someone along the way convinced you it was ok, if so we are wired much differently.

I never defending Vinny in fact was one of his biggest critics, many on here wanted him gone (majority in fact).

The system didnt result in a quick exit nor did Rivers play, we out gained Bills and outplayed them. Missed a fg but a usually reliable kicker and allowed a first down on an off sides when Bills were content to kick fg.  Mistakes not system resulted in Bills loss.

15 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Not sure if you have ever coached, I have for many years. More then once opportunity presented itself to cheat and not get caught and would have increased odds of winning but what example does that set and what kind of win is that. Perhaps your parents raised you to think and act differently or someone along the way convinced you it was ok, if so we are wired much differently.

I never defending Vinny in fact was one of his biggest critics, many on here wanted him gone (majority in fact).

The system didnt result in a quick exit nor did Rivers play, we out gained Bills and outplayed them. Missed a fg but a usually reliable kicker and allowed a first down on an off sides when Bills were content to kick fg.  Mistakes not system resulted in Bills loss.

I) You took the opportunity to state your qualifications as an FBI investigator. What else have you uncovered? I'm here for football, not conspiracies, or "let's pull up the history on xyz". "Oh you see here. He's xyz". Complete waste of time.

2) Mojority wanted Vinny gone? I dont think you know this forum. Because when I said Vinny was overdue, 99/100 came against that statement.

3) It sounds like you are making excuses for RIvers. The Colts put up 24 points against the Bills. DId you want the Colts defense to hold the Bills to under 24 pioints? Please answer... Josh Allan and that Offensive system that put up 50 points a week prior against the Dolphins. Did you want the Colts defense to Hold the Bills to under 24 points? And did you think going into the game that the Colts could hold the Bills to under 24 points? PLEASE ANSWER 

Better yet, did you think the Colts could beat any playoff team scoring 24 points? "Oh it's not Rivers fault its the System"? So why was Brissett called upon multiple times throughout the season to throw 50 yards, convert 4th and short? And the last play off the season showed YOU why. Rivers couldn't throw a 50 yard hail mary as a starting NFL QB!

Maybe the System wasn't the problem.. Maybe it was Rivers. I mean he was getting  $25 mill. Last year when I said let's get Clowney. Many fans said Clowney wasnt worth his asking price. So I ask you, was Rivers worth his Asking price? 2 questions for ya! lol

8 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I) You took the opportunity to state your qualifications as an FBI investigator. What else have you uncovered? I'm here for football, not conspiracies, or "let's pull up the history on xyz". "Oh you see here. He's xyz". Complete waste of time.

2) Mojority wanted Vinny gone? I dont think you know this forum. Because when I said Vinny was overdue, 99/100 came against that statement.

3) It sounds like you are making excuses for RIvers. The Colts put up 24 points against the Bills. DId you want the Colts defense to hold the Bills to under 24 pioints? Please answer... Josh Allan and that Offensive system that put up 50 points a week prior against the Dolphins. Did you want the Colts defense to Hold the Bills to under 24 points? And did you think going into the game that the Colts could hold the Bills to under 24 points? PLEASE ANSWER 

Better yet, did you think the Colts could beat any playoff team scoring 24 points? "Oh it's not Rivers fault its the System"? So why was Brissett called upon multiple times throughout the season to throw 50 yards, convert 4th and short? And the last play off the season showed YOU why. Rivers couldn't throw a 50 yard hail mary as a starting NFL QB!

Dont have to be an fbi when all the info already came out and was presented you sound like a flake honestly.

Many wanted Vinny gone,  I was here as well and most agreed with me it was time to move on, a few wanted him to kick out of the slump early but once it was clear very very few did.

No excuse for Rivers Turay jumped off side not Philip and Hot Rod kissed the chip fg not Philip. Ravens held the same Bills offense to just 17 points not sure if you missed that game...lol....so 24 would have beat them that day..its called math,.,...

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

....he destroyed his cell phone. 

I didnt honestly think anyone at this point was dense enough to think otherwise, even in Mass. area they joke about it and know what went down. I assumed it was common knowledge to everyone, seriously didnt know it was a debatable tiopic.

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

Maybe the System wasn't the problem.. Maybe it was Rivers. I mean he was getting  $25 mill. Last year when I said let's get Clowney. Many fans said Clowney wasnt worth his asking price. So I ask you, was Rivers worth his Asking price? 2 questions for ya! lol

This is just getting worse and worse and worse for you.

You're digging yourself a hole the size of the Grand Canyon.    But, you’re entitled to state your opinion, so carry on.  Just don’t be surprised when there’s pushback.  Have fun! 

11 hours ago, Four2itus said:

....he destroyed his cell phone. 

days after he asked if the NFL wanted it and they said no, they requested it and he had destroyed it.  yes, the NFL botched the chain of evidence.  For one thing, by giving Brady time to destroy his phone

And this is the only thing they can actually prove, that Brady destroyed his own property after the NFL had told him it wouldn't be needed for the investigation, but before they changed their minds.  Try to bring that kind of evidence into a court of law and you'll be laughed not just out of the courtroom, but down the hall, out the door and into the streets

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He just loves even numbered years lately - 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020 winning 4 of his 7 SBs then, lol. :) 

I'll never forgive Darrell Bevell for letting Brady and the Patriots up off the mat.  At that point, they were in a near decade long funk, choking at every opportunity and heading for a possible losing record in Super Bowls.  

Of course Atlanta was determined to surpass  Seattle and took the stupidity to unimagined heights.

Archived