Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should the Colts have contracted with Brady instead of Rivers?

CR91

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Read between the lines. Colts wanted a shorter deal. Brady wanted two years and probably control over certain roster moves. They couldn't come to an agreement.

I think you're reading way to much between the lines. Brady wanted to go to FL too. He had better O toys in TB too. 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Read between the lines. Colts wanted a shorter deal. Brady wanted two years and probably control over certain roster moves. They couldn't come to an agreement.

That doesn’t mean that we were Brady’s first choice or that Brady was our first choice.

I think you’re reading way too much into way too little. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

That doesn’t mean that we were Brady’s first choice or that Brady was our first choice.

I think you’re reading way too much into way too little. 

It was just a question after Brady went to the championship again.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think you're reading way to much between the lines. Brady wanted to go to FL too. He had better O toys in TB too. 

How exactly? Sure they have Evans and Godwin, but what else after that? Not much til Brady asked for Gronk and Brown. You can argue our weapons while not as talented were way more diverse with a way better o-line and run game.

8 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It was just a question after Brady went to the championship again.

I understand....   I’m not objecting to discussing what played out last March. 

Im objecting to jumping to conclusions based on opinion and then stating in the discussion that it was fact, when there’s no evidence to support that.  

A bridge too far for me. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I understand....   I’m not objecting to discussing what played out last March. 

Im objecting to jumping to conclusions based on opinion and then stating in the discussion that it was fact, when there’s no evidence to support that.  

A bridge too far for me. 

The article to me just made it sound like Brady would have been a colt if the colts agreed to his demends

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

How exactly? Sure they have Evans and Godwin, but what else after that? Not much til Brady asked for Gronk and Brown. You can argue our weapons while not as talented were way more diverse with a way better o-line and run game.

Evans and Godwin were both 1000 yard guys last year before they even added Brown or Gronk. Come on... 

And... Look at their O scheme compared to ours, and look at the pieces. I don't really like Arians scheme, but Tom knew he could do what he wanted. Arians is too risky, and Tom could simply be less risky. Reich was less aggressive with worse pieces, and Tom couldn't control risk averse play calling.

It's not even close IMO if you're looking at the pure situation. Then add in sunny SW FL on top of that.

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I wasn't advocating this. Just rose a question.

He had the same record Rivers did = 11-5, they drew Washington and we drew at Buffalo lol. I wonder if the Bucs win at Buffalo I doubt it, that is all I am saying. Tom is a top 3 QB of all-time IMO, maybe the GOAT along with Peyton and Montana but he caught a break this year playing in the NFC. That was my main point. GB is the first team they will play that is great, lets see how that goes down. Drew Brees looked washed up last week.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He had the same record Rivers did = 11-5, they drew Washington and we drew at Buffalo lol. I wonder if the Bucs win at Buffalo I doubt it, that is all I am saying. Tom is a top 3 QB of all-time IMO, maybe the GOAT along with Peyton and Montana but he caught a break this year playing in the NFC. That was my main point. GB is the first team they will play that is great, lets see how that goes down. Drew Brees looked washed up last week.

TB had the #1 ranked SoS....

Colts had the #32 ranked SoS....

both 11-5... caught a break? and TB peaking.

24 minutes ago, CR91 said:

The article to me just made it sound like Brady would have been a colt if the colts agreed to his demends

I think that’s your read.   And it might be true.  But I think it’s just as likely, if not more that it was never going to happen. 

For example, where did you come up with Brady having control of roster issues?   He doesn’t have that in Tampa, though the front office clearly tries to keep him happy. 

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I think that’s your read.   And it might be true.  But I think it’s just as likely, if not more that it was never going to happen. 

For example, where did you come up with Brady having control of roster issues?   He doesn’t have that in Tampa, though the front office clearly tries to keep him happy. 

Well he wanted Gronk and Brown and he got Gronk and Brown

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

TB had the #1 ranked SoS....

Colts had the #32 ranked SoS....

both 11-5... caught a break? and TB peaking.

Entering the playoffs, who would you rather play, at Washington or at Buffalo? If Rivers played Washington we would've at least been in the divisional round. Lets see how the Bucs do at GB. I can't wait for this. 

On 1/17/2021 at 10:17 PM, AustinnKaine said:

Hopefully we don't make the mistake of resigning Rivers. 

You cant say that here. They will boo you for the truth. Once it's ugly head is shown, this fan base will just say run it back lol.

As we have just seen TB vs GB (NFC) 31-26 , now Bills vs Chiefs (AFC). This fan base believes that Rivers wasnt the problem when we only scored 24 points against the Bills. What you wanted the defense to hold the likes of Bills/GB/TB/Chiefs to under 24 points? Mahomes and Tom Brady to under 24 points because the road to the Superbowl will go them them.

We need young fire power if not TB12, AR, Brees, etc to win deep into the Playoffs. Not RIvers who cant throw a Hail mary from the 47 yard line into the endzone (ball landed at the 6 yardline, Bills game). Nor who could scramble inside or outside the pocket. These are facts which will get you killed by playoff teams.

26 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

You cant say that here. They will boo you for the truth. Once it's ugly head is shown, this fan base will just say run it back lol.

As we have just seen TB vs GB (NFC) 31-26 , now Bills vs Chiefs (AFC). This fan base believes that Rivers wasnt the problem when we only scored 24 points against the Bills. What you wanted the defense to hold the likes of Bills/GB/TB/Chiefs to under 24 points? Mahomes and Tom Brady to under 24 points because the road to the Superbowl will go them them.

We need young fire power if not TB12, AR, Brees, etc to win deep into the Playoffs. Not RIvers who cant throw a Hail mary from the 47 yard line into the endzone (ball landed at the 6 yardline, Bills game). Nor who could scramble inside or outside the pocket. These are facts which will get you killed by playoff teams.

Rivers is gone so it is old news now. He wasn't the main reason why lost to Buffalo either. Brees actually screwed the pooch against the Bucs and he was a huge reason why they lost. Yeah Tom made it to the SB, good for him. Funny Tom has zero mobility and medium arm strength but makes the SB and you guys don't say anything bad about him at all. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I struck out on that one homer falling GIF- glad I didn't actually bet any money.

LOL. I just logged in and was checking my alerts/responses and that one was the first that came up. 

And Brady's pass catcher dropped a bunch too. I just don't think GB is that good. Good, just not great.

Just now, EastStreet said:

LOL. I just logged in and was checking my alerts/responses and that one was the first that came up. 

And Brady's pass catcher dropped a bunch too. I just don't think GB is that good. Good, just not great.

Normally I am good at predicting games, still wrong quite often but right a lot. GB's defense surprised me at how bad they played. Tom had something to do with it but their D in the 1st half looked like ours at Jacks on opening day lmao . I usually never say book it unless I believe it, I am normally real accurate with that but I am eating crow now. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Normally I am good at predicting games, still wrong quite often but right a lot. GB's defense surprised me at how bad they played. Tom had something to do with it but their D in the 1st half looked like ours at Jacks on opening day lmao . I usually never say book it unless I believe it, I am normally real accurate with that but I am eating crow now. 

I'm pretty accurate when I dig into the teams, hit or miss off the cuff. I had already looked closely at GB when we played them, and have kept an eye on TB all year. I just thought TB had the advantage on both sides of the ball, and had played a lot tougher schedule. Only advantage for GB was home field. If KC wins and I go 2 for 2, the SB should be really good. Will be good regardless, but a Mahomes/Brady matchup is awesome.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I'm pretty accurate when I dig into the teams, hit or miss off the cuff. I had already looked closely at GB when we played them, and have kept an eye on TB all year. I just thought TB had the advantage on both sides of the ball, and had played a lot tougher schedule. Only advantage for GB was home field. If KC wins and I go 2 for 2, the SB should be really good. Will be good regardless, but a Mahomes/Brady matchup is awesome.

I have said all year that KC would win the SB, it was them and everyone else. I have to admit though, the Bucs are playing out their minds and they have a QB that just wins in the post season.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have said all year that KC would win the SB, it was them and everyone else. I have to admit though, the Bucs are playing out their minds and they have a QB that just wins in the post season.

KC was my pre season pick to win the SB, and I think most people's pick. 

NFC wise, I thought it would be NO. They choked again. 

If it's TB vs KC, not sure who I'll pick. Will need to dig a bit on the matchup. If it's TB vs Buf, I'd off the cuff go with TB. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If it's TB vs KC, not sure who I'll pick. Will need to dig a bit on the matchup. If it's TB vs Buf, I'd off the cuff go with TB. 

I can't remember but I think I had GB in the NFC before the season and once again Rodgers doesn't get it done.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I am not making a prediction for at least a week on the SB but I still have a hard time seeing anyone beating the Chiefs.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't remember but I think I had GB in the NFC before the season and once again Rodgers doesn't get it done.

Wouldn't really put it all on Rodgers. He threw for 350ish and 3 TDs. Brady just did more despite his INTs. If anything, I'd put it on GB's D. I expected them to both have around 300 and 2 to 3 TDs. Brady was just more clutch when needed. He also has better toys.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not making a prediction for at least a week on the SB but I still have a hard time seeing anyone beating the Chiefs.

My gut says KC right now, but I'm hearing whispers saying TB. 

IDK. Need to look deeper before I pick. TB is peaking and Fournette made a huge difference today. If they get AB back, TB just has an amazing toybox. KC's toybox isn't bad either. 

Archived