Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should the Colts have contracted with Brady instead of Rivers?

CR91

Rumor has it Brady's had interest in indy. The colts were not interested.

Speculation by Peter King was that the colts were interested in a shorter deal than Brady wanted

Truth is I'm not really sure, but with the Bucs making the NFC championship, it's an interesting question.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/colts-tom-brady-philip-rivers/ija7iqui6i4n18vvjdppqstb4

:edit:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Rumor has it Brady's first choice was indy, but the colts didn't want to give him a contract over one year. Truth is I'm not really sure, but with the Bucs making the NFC championship, it's an interesting question.

Hopefully we don't make the mistake of resigning Rivers. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If the Colts defense forced 4 turnovers in the playoff game or stopped playing Jekyll and Hyde throughout the year, we might have been just as good as the Bucs in terms of results. 

Defense did their job. They got a big sack and forced the Bills out of FG range. Offense didn't get the job done.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I look forward to your noodle arm 2.0 thread 

I'm not for nor against signing Rivers back. I just think we can spend the 20+ elsewhere, but the question then becomes do you roll with Eason, do you trade for a vet QB like Carr, Ryan, or Stafford, or do you trade up for say Trey Lance

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I'm not for nor against signing Rivers back. I just think we can spend the 20+ elsewhere, but the question then becomes do you roll with Eason, do you trade for a vet QB like Carr, Ryan, or Stafford, or do you trade up for say Trey Lance

I would be fine going into 21 with this

Rivers Lance Eason

Or 

Jones Brissett Eason 

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

He's not mobile but is very accurate. He will definitely need a good line to succeed. 

We have that. 

Take a quick look. Nice touch, but not much of an arm. It does discourage me though that a lot of his throws were either to wide open WRs or Smith making a ridiculous catch.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Take a quick look. Nice touch, but not much of an arm. It does discourage me though that a lot of his throws were either to wide open WRs or Smith making a ridiculous catch.

his receivers are elite so he does lose lots of credibility with that. I think his stock now is bottom 1st - definitely day 2 pick

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

actually the right way

before this year he was probably mid rounder

this season amplified his stock 

Yea, but both his WRs are going in the first round. That's going to be hard to separate. Look at how much Tua struggled and both his WRs went in the first round.

I'm not so sure you're getting wildly different results if you swap Tom unto the Colts this past year.

The Colts don't have anything approaching what TB has in terms of WR's and I think that unit is picking up Brady's game at this point. He looks okay, but he's not driving the thing. 

WOW  I thought we were in all in mode??  Truth is we are in some trouble next year.  I think Rivers was Rivers and done what he has done his whole career, Thank you Phillip, you got us to the playoffs, and silenced the mob, for another season.  We have free agents that will want raises if we want them to play for us next season.  Our current system is not going to work.  we payed our current backup QB 10 million this season for being a good  locker room guy?  Frank is not going to coach us to the ring. Chris is great at drafting talent, but doesn't seem to have much say, so on how we retain them.  Jim, I think you are the best owner in the NFL, but your hope of drafting another Peyton, or Andrew, to right the Horse is futile at best.

I hope I am totally wrong, but  I am a COLTS fan, and this is MHO.

3 hours ago, ojsglove said:

WOW  I thought we were in all in mode??  Truth is we are in some trouble next year.  I think Rivers was Rivers and done what he has done his whole career, Thank you Phillip, you got us to the playoffs, and silenced the mob, for another season.  We have free agents that will want raises if we want them to play for us next season.  Our current system is not going to work.  we payed our current backup QB 10 million this season for being a good  locker room guy?  Frank is not going to coach us to the ring. Chris is great at drafting talent, but doesn't seem to have much say, so on how we retain them.  Jim, I think you are the best owner in the NFL, but your hope of drafting another Peyton, or Andrew, to right the Horse is futile at best.

I hope I am totally wrong, but  I am a COLTS fan, and this is MHO.

Must be sad to have a sky is falling attitude? 

Archived