Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC NFC Championship Game Thread Discussion and Scores


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aaron Rodgers Tuesday is not gonna be fun on the Pat Macafee show this week.

Same reason Colts fans would. I am a fan of the game. If I perceive teams to be cheating, I dislike them. I stopped watching the NBA because it seemed that some games were rigged.   I have r

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Same reason Colts fans would. I am a fan of the game. If I perceive teams to be cheating, I dislike them. I stopped watching the NBA because it seemed that some games were rigged.

 

I have rooted against Brady since the Tuck Rule game. It did not seem like a fair rule. 

 

Colts fans disliked him way before there were any signs of "cheating". 

 

Brady was being lauded as one of the best when he really was not playing like the best. The narrative was a travesty; it really is not anymore. 

 

And, of course, because of the crushing losses to the Pats. 

 

Pats vs Falcons Super Bowl is when I truly stopped hating Brady. 

 

The deflated footballs are not a big deal. He paid for it and he is still good without alleged deflated footballs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Colts fans disliked him way before there were any signs of "cheating". 

 

Brady was being lauded as one of the best when he really was not playing like the best. The narrative was a travesty; it really is not anymore. 

 

And, of course, because of the crushing losses to the Pats. 

 

Pats vs Falcons Super Bowl is when I truly stopped hating Brady. 

 

The deflated footballs are not a big deal. He paid for it and he is still good without alleged deflated footballs. 

 

You asked me why would a Vikings fan dislike Brady. I answered the question. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NFLfan said:

I like this game because the officials are not stopping the game every few minutes to announce a penalty. 

They need to throw flags if there are penalties otherwise why are they there?

 

Not blaming them for the score the Packers have had their chances.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How many quarterbacks have the “luxury” of throwing three picks in a half of a playoff game, and have their D force 3 and outs on two of those?

 

This why I get tired if the undisputed GOAT narrative surrounding Brady: the media lauds because he just wins without delving into those factors that aid in those victories.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

You asked me why would a Vikings fan dislike Brady. I answered the question. 

 

You answered with "the same reason a Colts fan would". And then mentioned "cheating" as if that is the sole reason a Colts fan would. Maybe I mistook it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoColts8818 said:

They need to throw flags if there are penalties otherwise why are they there?

 

Not blaming them for the score the Packers have had their chances.

As long as they are calling it the same on both sides I think it’s fine. Let them play.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SR711 said:

How many quarterbacks have the “luxury” of throwing three picks in a half of a playoff game, and have their D force 3 and outs on two of those?

 

This why I get tired if the undisputed GOAT narrative surrounding Brady: the media lauds because he just wins without delving into those factors that aid in those victories.

Idk how many but Manning had that luxury against the Chiefs in the 06 wild card. 

 

Brady also got steam rolled against the Ravens in the Wildcard in the 09 wildcard after throwing numerous picks. 

 

Also, all picks are not equal. Brady's picks have been deep in Packers territory. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve seen more ignored calls on big Bucs plays to know where this is heading.

 

ignored hands to the face from a bucs defender on the same play they ignored the defensive holding to force 4th down. Just ignored a blatant block in the back right in front of the official, on the defender that would have made the stop. 
 

really poor officiating tonight, and it’s unfortunate 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I’ve seen more ignored calls on big Bucs plays to know where this is heading.

 

ignored hands to the face from a bucs defender on the same play they ignored the defensive holding to force 4th down. Just ignored a blatant block in the back right in front of the official, on the defender that would have made the stop. 
 

really poor officiating tonight, and it’s unfortunate 

It's obvious, no one can honestly deny it at this point

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Last I'll make, refs alter outcomes with blown calls and that one was obvious and changed game.....we can go back to the 1972 Olympics basketball...if U.S.A. played better defense on each of the added time restarts they win....both restarts were asinine...Russia got Gold...U.S. refused silver.....team A sometimes needs all it can muster to beat team B..ALL they can muster. Than bad call changes result and they dont deserve to win......that argument cant ever ever be allowed to go unchecked......

1972 Olympics? image.png.b7de36d5ad6573201788fa8fe0429912.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tsarquise said:

Idk how many but Manning had that luxury against the Chiefs in the 06 wild card. 

And he won the game and next one against Baltimore, but as I felt at the time those were probably the two of the worst playoff games Manning had under center in the playoffs with Indy.

 

Again, this is why it is extremely nonsensical IMO to base judgements of individual greatness solely on team accomplishments.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I personally feel like that's a different aspect of it. These teams did well with very good or great O-line play but they didn't always spend 40% of their resources to achieve it.   For me part of the trick is getting a line that is greater than the sum of its parts, a couple of excellent players in there mixed in with cheaper complimentary parts. You can then get a unit to overachieve the resources it took to build it, its one of the few areas of the team where it is consistently done.   If other teams get their unit to play at a similar level to ours while spending less resources on it it gives them a massive advantage over the remainder of the team.
    • Could also be because you have said they are overrated multiple times
    • Cubs win 5-1. Take 2 of 3 from the Tigers. Hendricks was awesome today. 19-20 now on the season, back in 3rd place and only 3.5 games back of 1st place St. Louis in the NL Central. Luckily there are no teams running away with the division early. Cards are just 23-17 and Brewers 20-20 just a half game ahead of us. We start a 4 game set vs Washington tomorrow, hopefully we can get back to .500 once Monday's game is concluded.   Fly the Flag @HOZER
    • People think I hate on Leonard and Nelson. I just get q little squeamish bout spending big money on their respective positions. That's a lot of dough and something has got to give. If u spend that money on the Oline they better grade #1 on both run blocking and pass protection.
    • Renegotiations: Rookie contracts for drafted players can't be renegotiated or altered in any way until after the last regular-season game of the third contracted year. Undrafted rookies must wait until after their second season to
  • Members

    • Zoltan

      Zoltan 758

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • holeymoley99

      holeymoley99 622

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JediXMan

      JediXMan 661

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 5,040

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 2,238

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Pelt

      Pelt 420

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtV

      ColtV 347

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 2,577

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Caffrey

      Caffrey 147

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IinD

      IinD 2,146

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...