Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC NFC Championship Game Thread Discussion and Scores

danlhart87

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Same reason Colts fans would. I am a fan of the game. If I perceive teams to be cheating, I dislike them. I stopped watching the NBA because it seemed that some games were rigged.

I have rooted against Brady since the Tuck Rule game. It did not seem like a fair rule. 

Colts fans disliked him way before there were any signs of "cheating". 

Brady was being lauded as one of the best when he really was not playing like the best. The narrative was a travesty; it really is not anymore. 

And, of course, because of the crushing losses to the Pats. 

Pats vs Falcons Super Bowl is when I truly stopped hating Brady. 

The deflated footballs are not a big deal. He paid for it and he is still good without alleged deflated footballs. 

2 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Colts fans disliked him way before there were any signs of "cheating". 

Brady was being lauded as one of the best when he really was not playing like the best. The narrative was a travesty; it really is not anymore. 

And, of course, because of the crushing losses to the Pats. 

Pats vs Falcons Super Bowl is when I truly stopped hating Brady. 

The deflated footballs are not a big deal. He paid for it and he is still good without alleged deflated footballs. 

You asked me why would a Vikings fan dislike Brady. I answered the question. 

How many quarterbacks have the “luxury” of throwing three picks in a half of a playoff game, and have their D force 3 and outs on two of those?

This why I get tired if the undisputed GOAT narrative surrounding Brady: the media lauds because he just wins without delving into those factors that aid in those victories.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You asked me why would a Vikings fan dislike Brady. I answered the question. 

You answered with "the same reason a Colts fan would". And then mentioned "cheating" as if that is the sole reason a Colts fan would. Maybe I mistook it. 

3 minutes ago, SR711 said:

How many quarterbacks have the “luxury” of throwing three picks in a half of a playoff game, and have their D force 3 and outs on two of those?

This why I get tired if the undisputed GOAT narrative surrounding Brady: the media lauds because he just wins without delving into those factors that aid in those victories.

Idk how many but Manning had that luxury against the Chiefs in the 06 wild card. 

Brady also got steam rolled against the Ravens in the Wildcard in the 09 wildcard after throwing numerous picks. 

Also, all picks are not equal. Brady's picks have been deep in Packers territory. 

I’ve seen more ignored calls on big Bucs plays to know where this is heading.

ignored hands to the face from a bucs defender on the same play they ignored the defensive holding to force 4th down. Just ignored a blatant block in the back right in front of the official, on the defender that would have made the stop. 

really poor officiating tonight, and it’s unfortunate 

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I’ve seen more ignored calls on big Bucs plays to know where this is heading.

ignored hands to the face from a bucs defender on the same play they ignored the defensive holding to force 4th down. Just ignored a blatant block in the back right in front of the official, on the defender that would have made the stop. 

really poor officiating tonight, and it’s unfortunate 

It's obvious, no one can honestly deny it at this point

21 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Last I'll make, refs alter outcomes with blown calls and that one was obvious and changed game.....we can go back to the 1972 Olympics basketball...if U.S.A. played better defense on each of the added time restarts they win....both restarts were asinine...Russia got Gold...U.S. refused silver.....team A sometimes needs all it can muster to beat team B..ALL they can muster. Than bad call changes result and they dont deserve to win......that argument cant ever ever be allowed to go unchecked......

1972 Olympics? image.png.b7de36d5ad6573201788fa8fe0429912.png

Just now, Tsarquise said:

Idk how many but Manning had that luxury against the Chiefs in the 06 wild card. 

And he won the game and next one against Baltimore, but as I felt at the time those were probably the two of the worst playoff games Manning had under center in the playoffs with Indy.

Again, this is why it is extremely nonsensical IMO to base judgements of individual greatness solely on team accomplishments.

Archived