Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC NFC Championship Game Thread Discussion and Scores

danlhart87

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Brady was lights out in the first half. He struggled in the second half but 2 of his 3 picks were deep throws which acted like punts.  He always does enough situationally to win these type of games. That FG in the 4th was money. He was going to sacked on third down so he just threw it in the ground. It's those type of plays that result in wins.

Covered that for you and your ago lol:

Same as last week. Packers got three picks albeit deep in their territory.."that's just the greatest of time brady" even when he throws a pick, it's deep in the opponents territory so they defense can get a quick stop

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow! He has to be thinking why did they draft a Qb in the 1st round instead of stud WR to help me out. 

They have enough. It’s was the game plan chucking it deep. Will be interesting if he asks for a trade. Colt fans on Twitter are already jumping on it. I hate to say it I would rather have Stafford. Aaron is at the age it could start breaking down. Longer term solution with Stafford. 

11 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Brady was lights out in the first half. He struggled in the second half but 2 of his 3 picks were deep throws which acted like punts.  He always does enough situationally to win these type of games. That FG in the 4th was money. He was going to sacked on third down so he just threw it in the ground. It's those type of plays that result in wins.

That, and the Buccaneers defenders were just manhandling the Packers receivers all game with nary a flag.

12 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think his WRs were fine but could've potentially given them something else to help the team.

Hopefully he ask out? This loss stings and now that season is over he has to be re thinking about them selecting his potential successor.

This was really a chance for Aaron to cement his legacy with a 2nd SB win and most would've said he would be top 5 ever so it stings. Like I posted earlier I have him top 10 ever but by my eye test he isn't better than Tom or Peyton, Montana or Elway. Unitas is automatically in the top 5 as he set the tone for everyone. So that is 5 right there. Brees same thing, only 1 ring and he looks done. Stats and MVP's are a huge factor in ranking these guys but Championships are too, have to get 2 along with everything else to even be mentioned in the GOAT talk.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This was really a chance for Aaron to cement his legacy with a 2nd SB win and most would've said he would be top 5 ever so it stings. Like I posted earlier I have him top 10 ever but by my eye test he isn't better than Tom or Peyton, Montana or Elway. Unitas is automatically in the top 5 as he set the tone for everyone. So that is 5 right there. Brees same thing, only 1 ring and he looks done. Stats and MVP's are a huge factor in ranking these guys but Championships are too, have to get 2 along with everything else to even be mentioned in the GOAT talk.

Yeah, but Championships are a team accomplishment - is Eli Manning a better quarterback & postseason performer than Brees or Rodgers by virtue of his having 2 rings to their 1 apiece?

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Yeah, but Championships are a team accomplishment - is Eli Manning a better quarterback & postseason performer than Brees or Rodgers by virtue of his having 2 rings to their 1 apiece?

Coaching shines the brightest in close games and Todd Bowles’ defensive performances vs Brees and Rodgers have been stellar so far, IMO. 

Combine a QB that knows the small differences between winning and losing when the plays count and a coach that makes the right moves to give his team a chance to win, you are in pretty much every single game.

Just now, Lancer1 said:

No he isn't a better QB all-time than those guys. That is where stats and MVP's come into play with the ring factor. I was basically just saying Rings do matter but other factors do too. I think Rivers was better than Eli as far as a pure passer and he has 0 rings and Marino won 0 rings and I have him in my top 10. I think when it comes down to GOAT talk = like top 4 or 5 ever, rings are factored in.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Out of curiosity, do you think this is it for Rodgers? I realize he definitely does not have many years left, but I could still see him winning a SB or two before its all said and done if he goes to a place that has complimentary pieces (defense, running game and coaching philosophy) that helps him out.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No he isn't a better QB all-time than those guys. That is where stats and MVP's come into play with the ring factor. I was basically just saying Rings do matter but other factors do too. I think Rivers was better than Eli as far as a pure passer and he has 0 rings and Marino won 0 rings and I have him in my top 10. I think when it comes down to GOAT talk = like top 4 or 5 ever, rings are factored in.

Agreed, but Peyton would still be in the conversation for GOAT even if he didn't ride a dominant Denver defense to a 2nd ring.

3 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Out of curiosity, do you think this is it for Rodgers? I realize he definitely does not have many years left, but I could still see him winning a SB or two before its all said and done if he goes to a place that has complimentary pieces (defense, running game and coaching philosophy) that helps him out.

He seems really disappointed right now, that loss was stinging. I would love to have him here for a couple of years but he may just retire? I am not sure, his body language looked bad in his post game presser.

Just now, Lancer1 said:

Agreed, but Peyton would still be in the conversation for GOAT even if he didn't ride a dominant Denver defense to a 2nd ring.

Just my opinion, and I completely recognize I am prolly biased being a die hard Colts fan, but I feel that Manning belongs in the GOAT conversation considering how much he changed the way QB position is played in todays NFL. The only reason the Colts were a contender during the Manning years is mostly because of 18.  

The Colts organization and especially Polian failed to capitalize appropriately on what he brought to put the appropriate surrounding pieces that are needed for post season success.  If those things were done properly, Manning has at least two more SB rings during his time here and the whole conversation is different.

That being said, I think that Pat Mahomes has a real chance barring injury to get this “GOAT” title from Brady when its all said and done.

1 minute ago, SR711 said:

Just my opinion, and I completely recognize I am prolly biased being a die hard Colts fan, but I feel that Manning belongs in the GOAT conversation considering how much he changed the way QB position is played in todays NFL. The only reason the Colts were a contender during the Manning years is mostly because of 18.  

The Colts organization and especially Polian failed to capitalize appropriately on what he brought to put the appropriate surrounding pieces that are needed for post season success.  If those things were done properly, Manning has at least two more SB rings during his time here and the whole conversation is different.

That being said, I think that Pat Mahomes has a real chance barring injury to get this “GOAT” title from Brady when its all said and done.

Mahomes has already won an MVP and may get his 2nd ring already, who knows. The guy is a machine.

17 minutes ago, SR711 said:

I could see him going back to Cali for the last couple of years. I do think there might be a possibility he asks for a trade or retires. Personally I would rather have Stafford because it gives us a longe mr term option.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He seems really disappointed right now, that loss was stinging. I would love to have him here for a couple of years but he may just retire? I am not sure, his body language looked bad in his post game presser.

Yikes..not good. Didn’t see the presser. Hope its just the immediate disappointment speaking there.  He still has a lot of game left, would be a shame for him to walk away early

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I could see him going back to Cali for the last couple of years. I do think there might be a possibility he asks for a trade or retires. Personally I would rather have Stafford because it gives us a longe mr term option.

Agreed, I'd gladly roll into next season with Stafford, and Eason backing him up.

2 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Manning was the on field offensive coordinator. In all my years I’ve never seen a qb take control of an offense like he did. He had complete command of the playbook and would adjust as he saw fit (both good and bad). 

Brady had an unbelievable coach with him for years. What we’re seeing this year with the bucs is the team selling out for the ring. 

Mahomes, as he’s playing now is unparalleled. The challenge will be to see how well he can manage when pieces can’t be retained. What really sets him apart from the pack is his accuracy from any body position. Never seen anything like it. Injuries and the above mentioned resiliency will tell if he can be the greatest.

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Agreed, I'd gladly roll into next season with Stafford, and Eason backing him up.

I’m only on board with Stafford as we don’t have any viable options for the long run available to us in the draft realistically. I also like the idea of a proven qb coming in with this team we have now.

Id like Ballard to bide his time for someone that can be drafted and sit for a year or two and learn. Rookies are a risk.

12 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Yeah, I don't think any QB has entered the league and been as dominant and successful as Mahomes. 

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

He was drafted by a very competent KC team. Most QBs taken in the first don’t often have the luxury of being on a winning team. He took a good team and made them great.

When they let Alex check down Smith go. I thought what are they thinking?! They were always in it!

10 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Manning was the on field offensive coordinator. In all my years I’ve never seen a qb take control of an offense like he did. He had complete command of the playbook and would adjust as he saw fit (both good and bad). 

Brady had an unbelievable coach with him for years. What we’re seeing this year with the bucs is the team selling out for the ring. 

Mahomes, as he’s playing now is unparalleled. The challenge will be to see how well he can manage when pieces can’t be retained. What really sets him apart from the pack is his accuracy from any body position. Never seen anything like it. Injuries and the above mentioned resiliency will tell if he can be the greatest.

Did hell freeze over? You are complimentary of Mahomes??? :) 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Did hell freeze over? You are complimentary of Mahomes??? :) 

I always have been. I’m just not ready for the coronation. Let’s see how he responds to the adversity I mentioned earlier.

I just didn’t like his attitude and the fact that he was foisted upon us as the second coming. Didn’t/don’t like it with Brady. I only liked it with Manning cuz I’m biased.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Agreed. I will say this, Reid sticking around will only benefit Mahomes, just as it benefited McNabb.

Yupp. Because when new faces come in that's gonna be the key. Look at R Wilson. Was off to such a fast start... They his team left him lol now he's what 32 and not really a threat

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yupp. Because when new faces come in that's gonna be the key. Look at R Wilson. Was off to such a fast start... They his team left him lol now he's what 32 and not really a threat

I’m gonna call it now, Wilson’s got another Super Bowl coming his way. 

Archived