Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eberflus interviewing with Houston

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

That has no bearing on whether he wants him to coach him

Didn’t say it did,  I was responding to someone who challenged Chloe on how she knew Watson respected Eberflus.  We know it because he’s said it and acted like it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Texans' front office:  

Hes there to get Intel on Watson   

During an off-season where people are screaming about how bad the interview process is being handled by teams over-looking African-Americans....   Houston now pours gasoline on the fire by interviewin

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Here is a real world example

Because of my upbringing there are many people that I show “respect” to that I do not like or agree with

Well rather than trying to read into something just to argue I am going to base my judgements based off his actions and what he’s said.  That’s how most people make judgements.  

I provided a real quote of him showing respect for Eberflus now please show me a real fact supporting that he doesn’t.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Which would mean he has respect for him...

I agree.  The NFL is a pretty exclusive and insulated environment.  I doubt there is much, if any, lack of respect between the upper echilon of players and coaches.  Especially not publicly.  Never know who youre going to end up working with.  I have no doubt Watson has, and shows, respect for any number of individuals in the league.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Sumo63 said:

I agree.  The NFL is a pretty exclusive and insulated environment.  I doubt there is much, if any, lack of respect between the upper echilon of players and coaches.  Especially not publicly.  Never know who youre going to end up working with.  I have no doubt Watson has, and shows, respect for any number of individuals in the league.

Thumbs GIF by Sesame Street

42 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Watch him take it and hire mcdaniels as his oc.  That might be worth  it for me.  

one other thing he never chose to be with reich.  He expected to be working with mcd.  Who knows maybe he isn’t happy with that but had no choice.   I don’t think this is true but it’s a possibility 

McDaniels is going to be the Eagles head coach.  

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

He´s going to Da Bears next year, when the fire Matt Nagy.

Lol, see I was thinking he'd be the DC there in 4 years after the Houston gig....

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

With a disgruntled QB, no first round pick, and a dismal defense? I'd pass

Perhaps, just spitballing here, he thinks that he can help Watson and the defense. Plus the idea of having one of 32 of these jobs in the entire world may be appealing. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Perhaps, just spitballing here, he thinks that he can help Watson and the defense. Plus the idea of having one of 32 of these jobs in the entire world may be appealing. 

That's if he has Watson

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That's if he has Watson

I think you are missing the point. If they bring in someone Watson respects and wants maybe they can salvage the relationship with Watson. 

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think you are missing the point. If they bring in someone Watson respects and wants maybe they can salvage the relationship with Watson. 

Have you read his Twitter posts. I don't think it matters who they bring in at this point.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I agree I think the Watson train has left the station

The problem is he doesn’t really have much of away to force a trade short or just retiring and I don’t think that’s going to happen.  He has a long term contract and the way NFL contracts work you have to play some in order for years to count against the contract.  

Now you can argue having a disgruntled player isn’t in your best interest but if the Texans just say no we aren’t trading you and don’t budge Watson doesn’t have much of a choice.  

For what it’s worth John McClain who is one of the best beat writers in the country and is very plugged into the Texans was on the radio this afternoon saying there is zero chance the Texans trade Watson that management isn’t even open to considering the idea.  

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Have you read his Twitter posts. I don't think it matters who they bring in at this point.

I dont use twitter, so I havent seen his posts, but I can't envision a scenario in which Houston allows him to go elsewhere.  He's too young and too rare. It would be suicide to let him walk.  Especially with no first (or second I cant quite remember) 2021 draft pick(s).  

5 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

I dont use twitter, so I havent seen his posts, but I can't envision a scenario in which Houston allows him to go elsewhere.  He's too young and too rare. It would be suicide to let him walk.  Especially with no first (or second I cant quite remember) 2021 draft pick(s).  

If they do move Watson they will have a first and second round pick in the 2021 draft and probably several more picks.  That much I can promise you.  With that said I doubt they move him based on people around the Texans that would know like John McClain who seem to think management in Houston is dead set against it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Good luck to him then. All I know is, I wouldn't want that to be my first shot as a head coach. You don't get many second opportunities.

The league is and has been an opportunity for recycled head coaches for a long time.

23 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If they do move Watson they will have a first and second round pick in the 2021 draft and probably several more picks.  That much I can promise you.  With that said I doubt they move him based on people around the Texans that would know like John McClain who seem to think management in Houston is dead set against it.

I still think hes more valuable than potential picks at this point, but you make a strong argument.

1 minute ago, Sumo63 said:

I still think hes more valuable than potential picks at this point, but you make a strong argument.

Oh I don’t think he’s getting traded I am just saying if he does it will solve their draft pick problem.  So they basically have to pick between a franchise QB or draft picks.  It sounds like they are leaning towards franchise QB at this point.  

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Only the terminally clueless think Watson will be anywhere other than Houston. 

You can't force someone to play

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the Texans hiring the GM they did might of changed Flus mind. He apparently holds the new GM in high regard.

Makes sense, with NE connection with Josh, and he was his DC pick?

• Like 1

Watson was disrespected. There's such a thing as self respect. You can't fixed this over night. They(Owner, GM, HC, QB) need to hold a mtg asap to stop the bleeding and move forward . There's nothing that an emergency mtg cannot resolve.

47 minutes ago, CR91 said:

You can't force someone to play

No you can’t but unless he’s willing to give up his career over it they can hold his contract rights forever.  Again, I really doubt he’s willing to do that.  

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No you can’t but unless he’s willing to give up his career over it they can hold his contract rights forever.  Again, I really doubt he’s willing to do that.  

He can hold out though and they would still have to pay him his guarantees

32 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He can hold out though and they would still have to pay him his guarantees

He could but at some point he’s going to have to play because he won’t advance his contact.  He doesn’t have much leverage here beyond just saying I am going to retire which I doubt he’s going to do.