Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 1.5 Mock off-season with draft

According to Spotrac, the colts have 80 mil in cap space

Cut

Jack Doyle - saves 4.5 mil

Cap Space  - 84.5 mil

Re-sign

Phillip Rivers - 1 year 22 mil - I honestly don't wanna do this, but I want this to be realistic and I can see the colts and Rivers agreeing to come back.

Xavier Rhodes - 2 year 16 mil 8 g- Rhodes produced in his first year with the colts and imo exceeded expectations. 

Justin Houston - 2 year 21 mil 11 g - Houston has been productive with his pressure rate and run defense.

T.Y Hilton - 2 year 20 mil 10 g - I still think Hilton is the leader of our WR corp and until we have a legit replacement, We need him.

T.J Carrie - 2 year 5 mil 3 g

Al-Quandin Mohammad - 2 year 5 mil 3 g

Cap Space 31 mil

Potential FAs

JJ Watt - 2 year 26 mil 10 g Texans will most likely cut JJ to save 17.5 mil to their cap. JJ has still been productive and would be a major upgrade over Autry where we can use him inside and outside.  His numbers have dipped, but I think that has more to do with the lack of pass rushers the texans had. If Watt is washed, then its really only a one year 10 mil deal.

Zach Ertz - 2 year 13 mil 6 g - Ertz and the eagles seem to be heading for a divorce as Ertz has made it seem like he will be cut. The eagles would save almost 5 mil cutting Ertz. Ertz would return to Reich and provide a real weapon in the passing game at the TE position.

Cap Space 11.5 mil

Free agents

John Ross WR 1 year 2 mil - low key signing that can pay huge dividends as Ross's speed on our turf can make for some creative plays especially in the red zone

Cap space 9.5 mil

Draft

Im not ready to give up on Rock and also we'll get Marvell Tell back so not too worried about corner.

1. Carlos Basham DE Wake Forest

Basham has the size and quickness to be a every down linemen with his quick hands and ability to pressure and get into the backfield. This would make a great third down rush with Basham Buckner Watt Houston.

2. Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State

Jenkins has been a big part of the cowboys running success with Hubbard along with being a solid pass protector

3. Chuba Hubbard RB Oklahoma State

Maybe a stretch, but Hubbard opting out could have him slide. He was the leading rusher in 2019 before he opted out this year. Gives us a great addition to our backfield to combine with Taylor and replace Mack.

4. Stone Forsythe T/G Florida

Stone has mostly played LT with his run blocking being his best asset which is why he might kick inside, but it does provide us with our swing T

5. Trae Barry TE Jacksonville State

Raw receiver with an incredible mismatch in size at 6 7 240 pounds and 4.7 speed. 

6. Buddy Johnson ILB Texas A&M

Tackling machine to add depth with Walker most likely leaving for free agency

7. Elijah Blades CB Texas A&M

Blades only had one season of division one football before opting out which imo will hurt his stock. He has good size and physicality that Ballard looks for.

• CR91 changed the title to CR91 1.5 Mock off-season with draft

I like it, but have some comments / questions

1) Are you counting on Eason to be the QB of the future in this mock offseason?

2) I love the JJ Watt Pick up, he is probably 75% of what he was a few years ago, but he could be very versatile and would improve this defense

3) Counting on a late 2nd round to start at OT day one is a bit dangerous in my opinion - FA?

4) Unless the guy is an amazing talent that slipped, I would probably NOT add a RB as early in the draft as you did.

(I like our top 3 RBs as they are)  Mack is going to want much $$$$ that we dont have.

Thanks again

46 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I like it, but have some comments / questions

1) Are you counting on Eason to be the QB of the future in this mock offseason?

2) I love the JJ Watt Pick up, he is probably 75% of what he was a few years ago, but he could be very versatile and would improve this defense

3) Counting on a late 2nd round to start at OT day one is a bit dangerous in my opinion - FA?

4) Unless the guy is an amazing talent that slipped, I would probably NOT add a RB as early in the draft as you did.

(I like our top 3 RBs as they are)  Mack is going to want much $$$$ that we dont have.

Thanks again

1. Yes. I have confidence in Eason.

3. Im not a fan of the free agent Ts. I can see the colts moving Smith to LT

4. We need depth behind Taylor in case god forbid he gets hurt.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Weird. The number was 80 when I checked. I'll have to adjust my numbers

Seems they are having an issue at the moment.

On team cap space it has Jets with $170m+.

$68m is around where it is at.

Over the Cap has it at $65m

43 minutes ago, CR91 said:

1. Yes. I have confidence in Eason.

3. Im not a fan of the free agent Ts. I can see the colts moving Smith to LT

4. We need depth behind Taylor in case god forbid he gets hurt.

The Colts have made some positive comments on Eason, that would leave you to believe that he is doing whats expected

A kid with a ton of talent that puts the work in has a chance to stick

The kid has a cannon as an arm. 

On RBs I think that there may be some FAs available that would be cheap, as well as RBs in rounds 5 plus that could add depth to the team

With the holes at LT, CB, and pass rush I might be tempted to use the early rounds (1-4) to take swings there

7 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

The Colts have made some positive comments on Eason, that would leave you to believe that he is doing whats expected

A kid with a ton of talent that puts the work in has a chance to stick

The kid has a cannon as an arm. 

On RBs I think that there may be some FAs available that would be cheap, as well as RBs in rounds 5 plus that could add depth to the team

With the holes at LT, CB, and pass rush I might be tempted to use the early rounds (1-4) to take swings there

True T is important which is why I took two in the first four rounds. This team is a run first team and we need to continue to add depth to the RB position especially with Mack most like walking.

Archived