Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard end of season presser tomorrow 1 pm

Restinpeacesweetchloe

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think a lot of teams do and will pay handsomely to move up to get him if the Jets foolishly pass on him and trade the pick. 

I am sure lots of teams do I am not debating that.  I just think he’s very overrated much like Haskins.  That’s just my personal opinion though.  

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am sure lots of teams do I am not debating that.  I just think he’s very overrated much like Haskins.  That’s just my personal opinion though.  

You could be right, I personally think he's a good prospect and you keep trying to find a QB until you have one.

And the colts desperately need one.

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

You could be right, I personally think he's a good prospect and you keep trying to find a QB until you have one.

And the colts desperately need one.

I don’t disagree about the later I just don’t think Fields is the answer but I am also not a NFL scout or GM obviously.

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Lol, not only is Ballard the greatest Draft guru & GM of all time, but he's also a tough guy that can kick anybody's rear end....haha

Theres no way in hell Ballard does what is needed to make that trade up happen. At that cost you better get a sure fire franchise QB and youre not getting that in nearly anyone in the draft. 

I don’t pretend to be a college scout.  I don’t watch much CFB and I have thought guys are going to be good that sucked and guys I thought would suck were good.

but.  I saw 4 games by fields this year.  He sucked v, IU. NW, and Bama.  He was great v. Clemson.  I have serious doubts.  But I have seen a couple of rare throws., and he’s pretty sporty with the feet.

I would hate to be ina position to have to draft him,  I lean bust on him.

18 hours ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

My takeaway from Ballard is that they are looking for something long term. Rivers and the Colts will part ways.

I think if Mac Jones is available at 21 we draft him. He has great pocket presence and one of the best deep ball throwers I’ve seen enter the league. 

Sounds like you just described a young QB already on the team roster...    :^)

2 hours ago, ztboiler said:

2018 1 & 2017 3

Thats the price for the swap to trade up.  You don’t get to count the benefit in the cost.

If I'm Ballard and want to move up to get a certain QB I would consider offering Leonard as part of a trade package.  Especially to an NFC team.  We would still have playmakers like Buckner and Moore on defense and possibly Blackmon and Willis as well.  His trade value would be very high now and it's one less big contract we would avoid paying.  He's a great player no doubt but if by trading him we get the guy Ballard thinks is our future I would bring him up as part of the discussion.  

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If I'm Ballard and want to move up to get a certain QB I would consider offering Leonard as part of a trade package.  Especially to an NFC team.  We would still have playmakers like Buckner and Moore on defense and possibly Blackmon and Willis as well.  His trade value would be very high now and it's one less big contract we would avoid paying.  He's a great player no doubt but if by trading him we get the guy Ballard thinks is our future I would bring him up as part of the discussion.  

Football No GIF by Indianapolis Colts

No thanks

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We got Buckner for the 13th straight up.  No other picks involved.  Ballard loves his picks.  I don't think you can rule it out.  But I would still rather trade for Stafford though.  

If Rivers does wind up coming back he could do this to get his future QB to sit behind Rivers for a year ,like Mahomes did, and still keep his picks and avoid paying a big new contract for Leonard down the road.  I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility. 

27 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

We got Buckner for the 13th straight up.  No other picks involved.  Ballard loves his picks.  I don't think you can rule it out.  But I would still rather trade for Stafford though.  

I get it, you just don't trade a proven All Pro, for what essentially is a dice roll.

Open another huge hole and maybe not even fill the one you traded for in the first place.

30 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am not sure this is the epic qb draft that people r saying it is.

Hard telling, its a gamble no doubt.

I like a few of the guys but am not trading an All Pro on a gamble. I trade picks first.

Here's to hoping Eason can be that guy in the future. No one knows yet, but imo, he has all the tools Allen came into the league with.

If Rivers comes back, we should know by next season if Eason has any potential to be long term answer.

If Rivers retires, hopefully Stafford comes available. 

If Rivers comes back you for sure need a QB for '22, probably a youngster. 

If you trade for Stafford,  his replacement doesn't have to be addressed for a few years.

This is why I think Ballard may go for Stafford. Wentz would also be in the equation but the Eagles probably fired Pederson for him to stay.

Archived