Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In normal times, I would say this would never happen. But in the current times of Covid, and other historical events unfolding around us, combined with the fact that Watsons contract has a no trade cl

I want it to happen.  And if Ballard can't do it, I'll buy madden 21 and make it happen myself !

0% chance Houston trades him to division rival. He is too good and it would create an incredible obstacle for them to win the south for the next 12+ years. I refuse to believe they could be that stupi

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He doesn't.   Not over Lawrence anyway

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If he wants that he is a knucklehead lmao 

I know it won't happen, but people will speculate

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I know it won't happen, but people will speculate

I think there is a better chance than some might anticipate.

22 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Here's what I would offer Texans 

2 1s 22' 2  and Darius Leonard 

I am afraid they would have to add 3rd 1

IMHO, Thats way too much

Leonard a constant pro bowler by himself is worth a first and a second. 

That would mean we would give up 3 first round picks AND 2 seconds.......

I would love to have him as our QB

I would give up 2 1s and a 2nd

But.......I just think the odds are near lottery levels

I really dont see the Texans making a move within the division let alone the AFC

I think IF a trade is done there will be someone in the NFC that has a need for a QB that has better draft capitol 

than we do 

With Deshaun we would win 11- -14 games per year.  we would go from drafting 22 to or higher

The future 1st (and second) would NOT be as valuable

• Like 1
1 hour ago, w87r said:

I think there is a better chance than some might anticipate.

Anything could happen, because Houston has done some STUPID moves, but have you seen anything that would make you think that?

It has to be lottery type chances

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

IMHO, Thats way too much

Leonard a constant pro bowler by himself is worth a first and a second. 

That would mean we would give up 3 first round picks AND 2 seconds.......

I would love to have him as our QB

I would give up 2 1s and a 2nd

But.......I just think the odds are near lottery levels

I really dont see the Texans making a move within the division let alone the AFC

I think IF a trade is done there will be someone in the NFC that has a need for a QB that has better draft capitol 

than we do 

With Deshaun we would win 11- -14 games per year.  we would go from drafting 22 to or higher

The future 1st (and second) would NOT be as valuable

It would definitely take 3 1s cause unlike the other teams chances are high Colts especially if they got Watson would be drafting higher than 21 every single year.

I trust Ballard. He will find good players.

I would take Watson over Leonard anyday.

Colts have 8 to 1 odds

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It would definitely take 3 1s cause unlike the other teams chances are high Colts especially if they got Watson would be drafting higher than 21 every single year.

Colts have 8 to 1 odds

Odds on getting Watson?

He would be a killer on the Colts team.......   I just find it hard to believe that Houston would deal with us

I think Watson would be amazing here, I would just hate to gut our team to make it happen

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Anything could happen, because Houston has done some STUPID moves, but have you seen anything that would make you think that?

It has to be lottery type chances

Ive seen a few things, I posted them in Jags hire new coach thread I think.

1. Fields played for Meyer understudy Ryan Day at Ohio State.

Small chances but there has been some chatter.

We might be talking about different things though, because you said Houston and Im talking about Jags taking Fields over Lawrence

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Ive seen a few things, I posted them in Jags hire new coach thread I think.

1. Fields played for Meyer understudy Ryan Day at Ohio State.

Small chances but there has been some chatter.

We might be talking about different things though, because you said Houston and Im talking about Jags taking Fields over Lawrence

My comments were on Watson, I may have misread your post

Sorry man!

I dont believe that the Jags would pass on Lawrence, and I am a HUGE Ohio State Fan

(I was born there but I got to Texas as fast as I could :) )

I like Fields, but he had some amazing games and some extremely inconsistent games......

I hope the Jets dont draft him because he would get killed year one

• Like 1
14 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Texans haven't proven they are great at drafting by any means so I have no issues giving them 3 1s 

I can never forget the colts only getting a 2 and 5 for Faulk when these discussions come up.  This was when RBs were premium positions too.

I wouldn't give 3 1's and I have no doubt Ballard would never give 3 for one guy.  

• Thanks 1
On 1/12/2021 at 8:31 PM, csmopar said:

In normal times, I would say this would never happen. But in the current times of Covid, and other historical events unfolding around us, combined with the fact that Watsons contract has a no trade clause that can only be voided by Watson if he wanted to go to a certain team, I’d say the odds are higher than never , still unlikely but I ain’t ruling anything out. 

watson, behind this line, with our running backs, would be instant contender. This is the LONE trade for a QB I’d be okay with. 3, number 1s, get it down Ballard

I read where he also has a clause where he doesn't have to report to the team therefore no threat of fines etc.  That along with his no trade clause gives him a tremendous amount of leverage on where he goes.  I guess he likes Flus which doesn't hurt either.  I also just read where teams are starting to call.  If he wants to use his leverage it might not that be far fetched if he wants to come here.  He could force them actually or he won't play.  This could get interesting.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts have 8 to 1 odds

I still think it’s high but a writer on the athletic had 5 different teams team trading major players and 2 or 3 first rounders and the latest this year being 12.  The others were top 5 picks 

so maybe there’s something to this @danlhart87   He just may know his stuff!

• Like 1

I do wonder if Ballard called their new GM to see what it would take to get Watson, even from a division rival. If they considered it in the ballpark of 3 1sts and Jacob Eason or Brissett I would jump all over that. 

30 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I do wonder if Ballard called their new GM to see what it would take to get Watson, even from a division rival. If they considered it in the ballpark of 3 1sts and Jacob Eason or Brissett I would jump all over that. 

Brissett is a FA