Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In normal times, I would say this would never happen. But in the current times of Covid, and other historical events unfolding around us, combined with the fact that Watsons contract has a no trade cl

I want it to happen.  And if Ballard can't do it, I'll buy madden 21 and make it happen myself !

0% chance Houston trades him to division rival. He is too good and it would create an incredible obstacle for them to win the south for the next 12+ years. I refuse to believe they could be that stupi

Posted Images

In normal times, I would say this would never happen. But in the current times of Covid, and other historical events unfolding around us, combined with the fact that Watsons contract has a no trade clause that can only be voided by Watson if he wanted to go to a certain team, I’d say the odds are higher than never , still unlikely but I ain’t ruling anything out. 

watson, behind this line, with our running backs, would be instant contender. This is the LONE trade for a QB I’d be okay with. 3, number 1s, get it down Ballard

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

In normal times, I would say this would never happen. But in the current times of Covid, and other historical events unfolding around us, combined with the fact that Watsons contract has a no trade clause that can only be voided by Watson if he wanted to go to a certain team, I’d say the odds are higher than never , still unlikely but I ain’t ruling anything out. 

watson, behind this line, with our running backs, would be instant contender. This is the LONE trade for a QB I’d be okay with. 3, number 1s, get it down 

Never.....ever......ever....ever going too happen

• Like 1

Give them anything they want (within reason, of course). I'd be perfectly fine with giving them our next three first-rounders and a second rounder or two. If we had Watson on this team, we would be in the AFC championship this year, I would bet money on it.

Also, the salt from Texans fans if they traded Deshaun to us would be legendary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The odds that he's playing anywhere other than Houston aren't high at all.

And they're even lower that he'd be a Colt. 

But yeah, we should want him.

Throw in the rights to Castonzo, Luck and trade Hooker and Clark and a second round pick. They will take it. Oops forgot Bill O’Brien is no longer there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Throw in the rights to Castonzo, Luck and trade Hooker and Clark and a second round pick. They will take it. Oops forgot Bill O’Brien is no longer there.

Ole Billy boy went to Alabama 

0% chance Houston trades him to division rival. He is too good and it would create an incredible obstacle for them to win the south for the next 12+ years. I refuse to believe they could be that stupid. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Lef said:

0% chance Houston trades him to division rival. He is too good and it would create an incredible obstacle for them to win the south for the next 12+ years. I refuse to believe they could be that stupid. 

What if we gave them 3 1st round picks in =2021, 2022, and 2023 and threw in Eason? Tempting right? Most would say Ballard would never do that but he would still have picks 2-7 in all those years + a franchise QB.

• Like 1

If Ballard is offering up that much, which is unlikely, other teams will also be offering attractive packages. Houston probably would take less to ship him outside division and maybe even to nfc. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Never.....ever......ever....ever going too happen

:agree:IMO if the Texans do trade Watson to the Colts that would be worse than anything O'Brian did while he was the GM. That would be trading their chance at a division title away for 10 years. 

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

:agree:IMO if the Texans do trade Watson to the Colts that would be worse than anything O'Brian did while he was the GM. That would be trading their chance at a division title away for 10 years. 

Yeah but it is still Houston, remember that  Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What if we gave them 3 1st round picks in =2021, 2022, and 2023 and threw in Eason? Tempting right? Most would say Ballard would never do that but he would still have picks 2-7 in all those years + a franchise QB.

Well, I doubt Ballard would do that.

But it doesn’t matter if he would or wouldn’t.  No team is going to trade a young, elite quarterback to a division rival.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, csmopar said:

watson, behind this line, with our running backs, would be instant contender. This is the LONE trade for a QB I’d be okay with. 3, number 1s, get it down Ballard

This is fantasy that will not happen. But what is funny is that you think (or echo) the idea that it will only take three # 1s. That is not even close to the compensation it would take to pry him out of Houston. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, csmopar said:

What would covid have to do with it?

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

MIA can top that with multiple 1sts and Tua. Plus he's out of the AFC South. ZERO chance 

that Watson ends up in Indy. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm more than ok with that.

Generational talent, worth the whole draft...

4 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

I'm more than ok with that.

Generational talent, worth the whole draft...

How is he a "generational talent"  he isn't the best qb from his own draft class

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How is he a "generational talent"  he isn't the best qb from his own draft class

I don't think anybody need to explain how good he is.

He's great, Mahommes type of great, and the simple fact that he can be out of division is already good.

4 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

I don't think anybody need to explain how good he is.

He's great, Mahommes type of great, and the simple fact that he can be out of division is already good.

He isn't as good as Mahomes.   Not yet anyway

• Like 1