Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The national championship is the first Alabama game I've watched this year and holy cow I can see why Devonte Smith got the Heisman that guy can do everything, it seems he's making a play every other down and Najee Harris is also just making everyone miss

Whoever drafts those two is gonna be very happy

• Like 1

Devonte Smith isn't even a burner, just a really smooth runner with strong technical skills, but he looked fast out there. He definitely plays faster than he'd show in the 40. I saw some comps of him last night to Marvin Harrison-lite. I don't think I disagree..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Shive said:

Devonte Smith isn't even a burner, just a really smooth runner with strong technical skills, but he looked fast out there. He definitely plays faster than he'd show in the 40. I saw some comps of him last night to Marvin Harrison-lite. I don't think I disagree..

He is a lot more elusive than Harrison. He might be the best WR prospect I've ever seen... other than maybe Julio Jones.

Surely, there is no way Jamar Chase goes in front of him now, right??

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

He is a lot more elusive than Harrison. He might be the best WR prospect I've ever seen... other than maybe Julio Jones.

He definitely is more elusive, but I think the comparison comes more from the efficient movement and technical prowess. I wouldn't go as far to say that he's the best WR prospect I've ever seen, but he's definitely really good.

The title game helps Smith due to recency bias, but I think whether Smith goes before Chase and vice-versa comes down to the team that drafts the first one and what they're looking for in a WR. I think Chase can play any WR spot, while Smith will most likely need to work out of the slot early on to be most effective. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either prospect.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

I can’t believe you are forgetting about Calvin Johnson as a college prospect. Wished he played with a better college QB

21 hours ago, Shive said:

He definitely is more elusive, but I think the comparison comes more from the efficient movement and technical prowess. I wouldn't go as far to say that he's the best WR prospect I've ever seen, but he's definitely really good.

The title game helps Smith due to recency bias, but I think whether Smith goes before Chase and vice-versa comes down to the team that drafts the first one and what they're looking for in a WR. I think Chase can play any WR spot, while Smith will most likely need to work out of the slot early on to be most effective. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either prospect.

I feel the comparison even goes beyond the field. How Smith carries himself is very reminiscent of Marvin--very business like, soft spoken, work boots lunch pail type of guy. Excited to see him play in the NFL next year.

21 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Smith is amazing, but I don't know about the best WR prospect--might be having some recency bias there 

• Like 1

Smith though smaller in size has a very explosive release and get off. Reminds me a lot of Marvin & Diggs.  I don’t think he has any problems playing outside.  If you try to jam him and miss, you’re cooked.  I went back and checked. Both Chase & Jefferson each had 200 yard games in the semifinal and final.  Jefferson had the best season out of an historic looking receiver draft class.  Burrow had weapons galore.  I think Chase is gonna prove to be just as dynamic and as good as Smith when it’s all said and done.

16 minutes ago, Boilermaker said:

I feel the comparison even goes beyond the field. How Smith carries himself is very reminiscent of Marvin--very business like, soft spoken, work boots lunch pail type of guy. Excited to see him play in the NFL next year.

Smith is amazing, but I don't know about the best WR prospect--might be having some recency bias there 

People forget how amazing a prospect Randy Moss was going into and coming out of college.  He was supposed to go to Florida State but got into trouble.  Had to go rampage through the MAC.  But honestly the nation might have been lucky he got in trouble because I think he would have put up crazy numbers at a power 5 school too.  He was the last guy I saw just totally dominate a game like Smith.  Man amongst boys.  Basically whenever they wanted to throw to him, you couldn’t stop it.  Whenever they wanted him to get a touchdown, you couldn’t stop it.  Just at the mercy of 1 player. Frightening.