Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Writing On The Wall? (Merge)

jtrester

I read that RG3 isnt doing private workouts for any teams

I get a feeling that RG Leaf doesn't want to go to Indy. Not doing private workouts only really turns off the Colts, because the Redskins will draft him regardless. But it does make sense. He fits the Redskin offense and the city better than he would Indy. Luck is more like a Manning type, so he fits Indy more.

I don't know the actual mechanics of it. But the NFL rules allows the team with the first overall pick in the upcoming draft to negotiate with and sign their first pick before the draft. If it is something as simple as sending a letter to the NFL draft office that player XYZ will be the Colt's first overall pick in the 2012 draft, or something more elaborate, I have no idea.

I could picture irsay doing this. Like a child saying "Mine! and you cant have 'im" to the rest of the league.

Just hypothetical, wouldn't it be hilarious if Luck dropped to the Broncos and they picked him?

John Elway would then have a hard decision to make, not dissimilar to the one that Jim Irsay made.

However, it would be complicated with how Peyton Manning would think, and how the remaining Tebowites will react.

John Elway would then have a hard decision to make, not dissimilar to the one that Jim Irsay made.

However, it would be complicated with how Peyton Manning would think, and how the remaining Tebowites will react.

Luck would have to sit and that would be hilarious haha................ No! That would be ironic, and sad.... but in a haha way

Luck would have to sit and that would be hilarious haha No! That would be ironic, and sad.... but in a haha way

No, I see Luck being traded to the Jets!

Which will then set off a chain reaction of a trade from the Jets to Jacksonville of a choice of either Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow.

What will surprise many, is that Jacksonville will choose Sanchez, which will result in the Jets offering Tebow to the Colts.

Karma!

Which will then set off a chain reaction of a trade from the Jets to Jacksonville of a choice of either Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow.

What will surprise many, is that Jacksonville will choose Sanchez, which will result in the Jets offering Tebow to the Colts.

Karma!

Kharma? Or DIVINE INTERVENTION? Ooooooooooo

Karma!

O.K., now I KNOW you've been watching too much ESPN.

Not even a Navajo Indian World War II code breaker who routinely intercepted & deciphered Japanese Morse code for a living could figure out Jim Irsay's wild, tweet goose chases. As the owner of the Indianapolis Colts, why is Mr. Irsay on Twitter so much? Is this all a popular contest to him? I'm seriously starting to wonder with him.

I think he rather employs some Navajo code talkers to write tweets.

honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this trip is to negotiate the contract. Despite what Grigson has said, I think the decision will be announced and contract in place and signed long before draft day.

Yeah, hopefully they can all get the first round picks signed in the next week, or so, so we have a better idea of who'll be available for our #34 pick. :)

He is not exactly Jerry Jones, is he??

I lived in Dallas during the start of the Jerry Jones ownership. When he fired Tom Landry it was every bit as upsetting as when they let PM go. He and Irsay have a lot in common.....