Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DIvisional Round Discussion Thread and Scores

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let’s hope. He’s irritated me for a long time ! 

Watching this game makes you realize how close the colts are to getting to the big dance. 

Both these old QB look old lol. 

Posted Images

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Parents Dancing GIF

I don’t think it’s as bad as you guys are making it sound. This is playoff football and I think Brees and the Saints are playing a little more conservative outside that one trick play. Brady and the Bucs are actually more aggressive, IMO.

Just now, chad72 said:

I don’t think it’s as bad as you guys are making it sound. This is playoff football and I think Brees and the Saints are playing a little more conservative outside that one trick play. Brady and the Bucs are actually more aggressive, IMO.

Getting Old Baby Boomer GIF by MOODMAN- lmao . Should be a great 2nd half.

• Haha 2

Brady's defense has stepped up big for him, again.  They got a pick-6 earlier, and now when the Saints are driving, a Saints WR fumbles and the Bucs pick it up and return it into Saints territory to give Brady and the offense a very short field.

It's about to be tied 20-20, and the Bucs defense is 100% responsible for 7 points and about 90% responsible for 7 more. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

20-20, fumbling in the NFL in a big playoff game is an easy way to get your walking papers. Just can't do it. Turnovers in this game for the Saints have been costly. 

And called back punt return

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

And called back punt return

Don't forget the INT the Bucs returned all the way to the 3-yard-line.

The Saints are shooting themselves in the foot over and over again, and the Bucs defense is taking advantage.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Saints are killing themselves..

Its all or nothing, go take a look at what they have to do to even be able to field a team next year. I posted their situation in a thread.

They sold their sole for 1 last chance at a Championship this year.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It does feel like if the Saints don't figure out how to put some distance between them and Tom, Tom is going to figure it out.

Looks like Tom doesn't have to figure out anything.  His defense is doing all of the "figuring it out" for him.

He's going to ride a stellar defensive performance into the NFC Championship game.

Of both these QBs, I  give Brady a better chance at Green Bay in the snow than I  do Brees, and with a 2 score lead with just under 5:00 to go, it looks like we'll see Tom get that shot.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

As much as i hate Brady you have to be happy for Bruce Arians. He is probably ready to retire and making the move at QB was clearly the right thing.

Peyton over Tebow, Brady over Winston, no brainers to me :) 

Now I get to hear from the Boston media tonight how Tom Brady single-handedly caused those four takeaways by the Bucs defense and the Bucs defense setting them up deep in Saints territory every time.

They were slobbering over him for beating up on the Falcons twice and the Lions late in the season, been pretty fortunate his competition has been lackluster in the playoffs, against Washington and a Drew Brees who has nothing left in the tank.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Devin White is soooo good man. He does everything well 

That’s the thing. Just getting Peyton to the Broncos wasn’t enough, had to stockpile defensive talents via free agency too.

Same thing with Brady, he was going to a team that lost games due to inept QB play but picked in the Top 5-15 consistently and this stockpiled young talent. Good situation for Tom.

3 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Can’t think of a better way for Brees to go out.

It could be worse, it could've been like the 62-7 thumping that the Jags retired Dan Marino with!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Now I get to hear from the Boston media tonight how Tom Brady single handedly caused those four takeaways by the Bucs defense and the Bucs defense settting them up deep in Saints territory every time.

They were slobbering over him for beating up on the Falcons twice and the Lions late in the season, bee pretty fortunate his competition has been lackluster in the playoffs, against Washington and a Drew Brees who has nothing in the tank left.

Hey, lot of us are rooting for the Bills moving forward, just FYI. Love your team assembled. :) 

Think about Tom’s situation - all young QBs in AFC, aging QBs in NFC except NFC West and putrid NFC East once Brees retires, top 2 seed guaranteed in NFC. Smart man, knew exactly what he was doing. Just had to stay healthy and upright.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, buffalo34 said:

Drew Brees who has nothing in the tank left.

I agree with your whole post. And yes Drew brees has been done this whole year. It seems every QB has their wall. Except they great Thomas. And bills thought they'd gotten away.. y'all will probably face tampa.. in their house..

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hey, lot of us are rooting for the Bills moving forward, just FYI. Love your team assembled. :) 

Think about Tom’s situation - all young QBs in AFC, aging QBs in NFC except NFC West and putrid NFC East once Brees retires, top 2 seed guaranteed in NFC. Smart man, knew exactly what he was doing. Just had to stay healthy and upright.

Thanks, I was pretty scared of your team in the Wild Card round, I was pulling for the Jaguars in Week 17 since I would have much preferred to play the Dolphins again instead. :D

AFC was pretty crazy this year, you could have made a case for any of the AFC playoff teams to make at least the AFCCG, on the NFC, it's pretty much the Packers, probably the Bucs, and then from there it's a steep drop, with the Rams and their banged up QB, the Seahawks who kinda fell apart at the end, a Saints team with a gassed-out Brees, whoever emerged from the NFC East, and then the Bears who can at least say they got a 17th game this season.

Don't think we pull it out next week (was hoping for a home AFCCG next week), and Mr. Negative in me says the Bucs and Brady will have no problem winning in Green Bay next week.

12 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I agree with your whole post. And yes Drew brees has been done this whole year. It seems every QB has their wall. Except they great Thomas. And bills thought they'd gotten away.. y'all will probably face tampa.. in their house..

Watching Brees and Big Ben this year had vibes of watching Peyton in his final season (and to some extent, the second half of 2014), where you knew they had nothing left and they needed some great effort by the rest of the team to progress in the playoffs.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Watching Brees and Big Ben this year had vibes of watching Peyton in his final season (and to some extend, the second half of 2014), where you knew they had nothing left and they needed some great effort by the rest of the team to progress in the playoffs.

Brees, Ben, River gone next year? That's crazy...

• Like 1
On 1/3/2021 at 10:56 PM, danlhart87 said:

Colts at Bills: Bills

Ravens at Titans: Ravens 

Browns at Steelers: Browns 

Rams at Seahawks: Rams 

Buccaneers at Football Team: Buccaneers 

Bears at Saints: Saints

Ravens at Bills: Bills 

Browns at Chiefs: Chiefs

Rams at Packers: Packers

Buccaneers at Saints: Buccaneers