Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Assets for a trade

Moosejawcolt

Just now, danlhart87 said:

I was big on Trask but did more research and I'm not big on him anymore. He plays bad against good competition and will most likely fall to round 2 or 3

I could see Trask falling.  Jones would be my preference between the two. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Nelson isn't going to LT. If he was all world, the move would have been made in college. Interesting that everyone critisized the Chargers Oline last year. Rivers leaves and then enters mobile qb. Rivers needs to go. He is what he is. Jags and Texans have franchise qbs, if Lawrence pans out. Tannehil does his jobs. Getting 11 wins is going to be very tough if we go in with the same team. I would prefer to take a step back next year, new qb, to take a step forward for the future. I thought they should have done it this year. However, Ballard thought he had a superbowl team. He traded for Buckner and signed Rivers. People laud Ballard , however, I feel he values his own picks to high.

Really?

I don't support Q going to LT but I'm not ruling it out as stop gap possibility

1 minute ago, joecolts said:

I could see Trask falling.  Jones would be my preference between the two. 

if you couldn't tell from my profile pic Jones is my favorite prospect 

37 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Would u say Allan, Mahommes, Rodgers even Tanehill play behind elite offensive lines? Crap, the Browns have an elite Oline and I dont think they are all high picks. When is the coaching staff going to develop players on both the D and O line? I am not seeing it.

You're oline assessment is invalid.    You have called Kelly and Nelson average this season.     

33 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Nelson isn't going to LT. If he was all world, the move would have been made in college. Interesting that everyone critisized the Chargers Oline last year. Rivers leaves and then enters mobile qb. Rivers needs to go. He is what he is. Jags and Texans have franchise qbs, if Lawrence pans out. Tannehil does his jobs. Getting 11 wins is going to be very tough if we go in with the same team. I would prefer to take a step back next year, new qb, to take a step forward for the future. I thought they should have done it this year. However, Ballard thought he had a superbowl team. He traded for Buckner and signed Rivers. People laud Ballard , however, I feel he values his own picks to high.

Really?

Why would ND move Nelson to Tackle when McGlinchey was the left tackle.    

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would ND move Nelson to Tackle when McGlinchey was the left tackle.    

If Nelson was that good, they would have moved him. Is not LT the 2nd most valuable position behind qb? Move McGlinchey to guard. We are going to see teams tee off on Rivers this year without a LT. Wont b pretty

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If Nelson was that good, they would have moved him. Is not LT the 2nd most valuable position behind qb? Move McGlinchey to guard. We are going to see teams tee off on Rivers this year without a LT. Wont b pretty

You just said they need to draft a CB and not focus on the OL 1st but now its a priority?

Confused Thinking GIF

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Pretty sure they will field a LT this year.   I don't think they are gonna roll with 4 starting olinemen

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

LT is a priority. I would love the coaches to develop one rather than having to always use our top picks on the Oline. 

Braden Smith is a converted guard and gave up zero sacks.   Glow was a Seahawks cast off.   Pretty sure they have been developing the oline just fine. 

Wouldn't all these trade possibilities be assuming that there are guaranteed elite / franchise QB's in this draft? most the player being talked about trading are pretty outstanding players that have been the force that has elevated this team. Unless you can trade to the Jags I doubt the risk is worth the trade ...

• Shive changed the title to Assets for a trade
On 1/14/2021 at 10:08 PM, Arby0359 said:

Wouldn't all these trade possibilities be assuming that there are guaranteed elite / franchise QB's in this draft? most the player being talked about trading are pretty outstanding players that have been the force that has elevated this team. Unless you can trade to the Jags I doubt the risk is worth the trade ...

The Colts will have an easier time prying Watson out of Houston than the top pick from the Jags.  

On 1/14/2021 at 8:54 PM, jvan1973 said:

You're oline assessment is invalid.    You have called Kelly and Nelson average this season.     

Kelly was when u consider his monster contract. I was wrong on Nelson. That being said. I think Nelsons best year was under the Oline coach that got fired

On 1/14/2021 at 9:15 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Would u say Allan, Mahommes, Rodgers even Tanehill play behind elite offensive lines? Crap, the Browns have an elite Oline and I dont think they are all high picks. When is the coaching staff going to develop players on both the D and O line? I am not seeing it.

Rodgers had 3 lineman make all pro teams. All the remaining teams have good lines. Mobile Qbs with bad lines don’t work. See Ravens, Eagles, Texans..etc 

8 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Yes, both Nelson and Kelly played good but both were playing way better the season before. There was noticeable regression.

I disagree with this.  First the pass protection from the line was even better over last year.  Second I think run struggles early in the year were product of a rookie running back and lesser running backs than Mack not the line.  Once things slowed down for Taylor the run game was every bit as good as it was last year, outside of the Bills game, and most of that running came behind Nelson and Kelly.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I disagree with this.  First the pass protection from the line was even better over last year.  Second I think run struggles early in the year were product of a rookie running back and lesser running backs than Mack not the line.  Once things slowed down for Taylor the run game was every bit as good as it was last year, outside of the Bills game, and most of that running came behind Nelson and Kelly.

They did finish the year stronger but they both started a bit slower. Their PFF grades reflect this also. I agree Taylor did get better as the year went on and that wasn't just on the line his timing and vision came into a rhythm for him peraonally.

Archived