Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Woah Watson trade rumor

Dolphins have a ton of picks. This would be a good way for Houston to get some first round picks and start over. Watson with the dolphins defense would be so good. They would just need to upgrade some weapons for him. 

Plus Houston would then get a future QB in TUA or could then turn around and trade him and take a different QB at 3. Houston could have a ton of options here.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If your Houston and Miami I would do this in a second.  Watson can pick his team because of the no trade clause.

If this was MLB, they would void trade because it's too one sided. Lol

17 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Wow. Allen and Watson in the same division.  New England will never see the division title again. LOL

Add in Fields on the Jets. Kraft will push for realignment.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Miami GM needs to be fired. Realizing Tua is damaged goods, still drafted him anyway when the soon to be named OROY Herbert was staring at them .

He likely believed all the media hype.

• Like 1

A first round draft pick that turns out to be one of the best QBs in the NFL is getting slaughtered. Sacked 49 times this year, 44 times in 2019, 62 times in 2018 and 19 times in 2018 when he played only 7 games. He is David Carr reincarnated in Houston. Everything else aside if I were him my house would be up for sale facing a new head coach and new GM.

9 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I really would love to have Watson; however, barring that I really hope he goes to an NFC team. I could see the Rams making a move on him

Why would they move on from Goff?

Something to think about. What if the dolphins and Texans pull off this trade but TUA isn’t part of the trade. Texans get the 3 pick and take a different QB. Would you guys want the colts making a play for TUA.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something to think about. What if the dolphins and Texans pull off this trade but TUA isn’t part of the trade. Texans get the 3 pick and take a different QB. Would you guys want the colts making a play for TUA.

No

Tua seems like he's got potential but he needs to learn to throw more than 10 yards

• Like 1
On 1/10/2021 at 11:39 AM, Fluke_33 said:

The colts coaches should do a conga line if he is out of the division (this is what parcels said they did when we traded Faulk)

That's a funny visual... they probably danced harder when we took Edge over Ricky Williams... and then when Edge won the NFL rushing title his first 2 years, slowed down a bit until Edge blew his knee out.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

No, he'd be playing qb for Hou....

Not necessarily. Houston could get that third pick and draft their own. TUA wouldn’t have to be part of the trade. There is a lot of rumors Miami might draft another QB and get rid of TUA. Or if they get Watson TUA could be on the block. TUA doesn’t seem to have any special qualities. But in saying that I do think his style could fit Reichs system.  He could sit behind rivers for a year. It seems he is having the same issue that manning had as a rookie. Has to learn what is open in the nfl compared to college.

He is going to Miami, the question is if Tua is involved. If so Texans draft O Line help likely if not they go QB and Tua goes somewhere for something. Tua is playing scared and doesnt look fully recovered from the hip (Both physically and even more mentally he doesnt want to get hit).

Another rumor could be Watson to the Jags for the #1 pick.....then Houston could take Lawrence. They may be in win-now mode with Urban Meyer taking over as head coach, so let’s see how aggressive they are in the draft and free agency.

27 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

Another rumor could be Watson to the Jags for the #1 pick.....then Houston could take Lawrence. They may be in win-now mode with Urban Meyer taking over as head coach, so let’s see how aggressive they are in the draft and free agency.

I hadn't read that anywhere 

8 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I hadn't read that anywhere 

There is a video on ESPN front page right now talking about it. I actually heard something back a week, week and a half ago talking about it as well.

Just now, w87r said:

There is a video on ESPN front page right now talking about it. I actually heard something back a week, week and a half ago talking about it as well.

Interesting 

That's a wonderful spot for both 

Doubt it happens though 

43 minutes ago, Aces101 said:

Dang. That seems way to wild and a in division trade would be doubtful.

• Like 1
On 1/14/2021 at 6:29 PM, danlhart87 said:

He's decent but nowhere near Watson level

In his current state yes but Watson has peaked, Tua has not. Unless you don't believe Tua is capable of getting better.  I don't want a younger Watson in our division.

• Like 1
On 1/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, Narcosys said:

In his current state yes but Watson has peaked, Tua has not. Unless you don't believe Tua is capable of getting better.  I don't want a younger Watson in our division.

I seriously doubt tua's game will ever resembles Watson's. 

• Like 3
On 1/15/2021 at 8:30 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Dang. That seems way to wild and a in division trade would be doubtful.

I have seen chatter on it.

Could make sense for both teams. Jags have most cap space, and would compete quicker and Texans can start from scratch with Lawrence.

Imo, this is worst case scenario as Colts fan, so lets hope it doesn't happen.

Lets hope Watson get shipped out of division or to us(kidding, kind of), and Jags take Fields instead of Lawrence. Know that would be amazing. 1 of those thing is more likely than thee other.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I have seen chatter on it.

Could make sense for both teams. Jags have most cap space, and would compete quicker and Texans can start from scratch with Lawrence.

Imo, this is worst case scenario as Colts fan, so lets hope it doesn't happen.

Lets hope Watson get shipped out of division or to us(kidding, kind of), and Jags take Fields instead of Lawrence. Know that would be amazing. 1 of those thing is more likely than thee other.

Imagine if both happened 

Colts get Watson and Jags draft Fields 

• Like 1