Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich Coaching Decisions Post-game Takes(Mega Merge)

EastStreet

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't too upset with Reich in this one and I usually am.  ROOKIE jitters really hurt us.  Dropped balls and missed FG.  Stupid offside too.  I thought this game would come down to the wire.  Bills traded for Diggs and he turned their offense around.  We need a new No.1. to sign in FA.  Trade for Stafford and we win the whole thing next year.  I'm afraid if Rivers wants to return we might actually sign him.  I salute him and thank him for his effort but I hope we move on.  

9 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Rivers retire tonight and Reich gets fired, while Eberfluss gets the HC job

I really hope the silver lining to this loss is the result of Rivers not returning. So tired of his weak arm. 

Just now, jeepnkal said:

you just pointed out the two reasons why we lost the game.

That's what I'm saying. It wasn't just one reason that we lost the game. You name multiple others. My point is it certainly wasn't one bad coaching decisions or even two. We had a chance from multiple angles.

Just now, DontEverGiveUp said:

Not taking the 3 points, going for 2, and challenging an obvious play.

3 boneheaded decisions that cost us the game.  That is unacceptable at the NFL level.

rivers should be mad at frank if he doesnt go for it on 4th and 4 it goes to over time .  if he doesnt burn every time out its 1st and ten on the 46 yard line colts needing 10 yards in 30 seconds with 3 timeouts that is 3 passes over the middle instead of 1 .

8 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

or if frank kicks the field goal instead of going for it on 4th and 4 yards we are going to overtime .  i  would go for it on the 1 if its 4th down but on the 4 you take out the run game and force rivers to throw it into the bills playing the pass with the safeties playing right on our guys . its not a good look

The attempt didn’t kill us given the circumstances with our Kicker. Again if Reich would save timeouts in the two minute warning. We’d all be happy right now lol

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I’m not saying I want Frank fired. I’m a fan of him. Today was inexcusable though

im with you, i dont want Frank fired, but i do want him to see the error of his ways. fans and Colts management coddling him is not the answer. 

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I’m not saying I want Frank fired. I’m a fan of him. Today was inexcusable though

Terrible challenge. Bad choice not to kick the field goal before end of half. Bad choice to sign phillip rivers. Wasted year; like I predicted since week 3. 

10-6 loss in first round. 

Instead we got 11-5 and a loss to every single afc playoff team. How embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

That's what I'm saying. It wasn't just one reason that we lost the game. You name multiple others. My point is it certainly wasn't one bad coaching decisions or even two. We had a chance from multiple angles.

It was two bad coaching decisions. not taking the 3 points in the redzone and kicking the point after instead of going for 2. 3 + 1 = 4 . we lost by 3. 

2 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

What about the plays called that succeeded where perhaps no success was likely? Na.......it's only the failed calls that matter. 

Seriously, what a great season! The future is bright!

without a franchise QB and having a high draft pick this year i dont share your opinion .  The colts are gonna be the 2013 chiefs being good enough to just barely make the playoffs to lose . I think that is worse then getting a top ten pick and a QB .  Unless eason comes in and plays good then we are in great shape

36 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Bad play calling. Bad decisions in the RZ. Bad use of time outs which kept us from running any real offense in that last drive.... 

Go for the filed goal before half over thinking as usual and that time out in 2nd hal was terrible I think Reich was getting desperate. M friend a Buffalo said we blew it R and R did us in again 

2 big drops by Taylor on 3rd down

2 Horrible throws on 3rd down 

Missed FG

Bad challenge and poor use of timeouts 

Allen making tremendous throws to extend plays.

that said there are no Moral victories in the NFL Reich needs to learn from his mistakes.  

we had a chance to tie or win with 2:30 left. Any decent NFL QB could have led us but Rivers no longer has the tools to do that. 

We need to upgrade the wrs hilton is done pascal is very solid back up to fill in for injuries but that is it . colts have no real weapons losing cambell killed us .  i dont think one draft can save our issues , we need a tackle , pass rusher two corners and two more wrs . Along with another QB if eason is not the answer

39 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

A missed FG cost us the game. We put up 24 on a damn good defense and kept the most explosive offense to below 30. 

Hindsight is 20/20. If we had made both 2pt Convs and conveyed the 4th downs then Reich is amazing. If we don’t then he’s stupid

We lost a heartbreaker to the better team on the day.

You really think they where the better team? no way 

11 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I wasn't too upset with Reich in this one and I usually am.  ROOKIE jitters really hurt us.  Dropped balls and missed FG.  Stupid offside too.  I thought this game would come down to the wire.  Bills traded for Diggs and he turned their offense around.  We need a new No.1. to sign in FA.  Trade for Stafford and we win the whole thing next year.  I'm afraid if Rivers wants to return we might actually sign him.  I salute him and thank him for his effort but I hope we move on.  

I agree with the rookie jitters and some players making a mistake. But I cant back up Frank after sticking with Vinny, abandoning the run all year, and poor coaching decisions. He should be on the hot seat if we can find a better Coach.

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

Missed FG

that said there are no Moral victories in the NFL Reich needs to learn from his mistakes.  

we had a chance to tie or win with 2:30 left. Any decent NFL QB could have led us but Rivers no longer has the tools to do that. 

2 mins 30 seconds two minute warning and one time out is plenty of time to get three points .  the two minute offense is our biggest weakness. 

41 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

That dumb challenge looms large

I’m still confused at this.  They show his knees down before the ball comes out, they break for commercial, and come back with a play starting and the announcers are like oh by the way colts challenged and lost the challenge and their a time out. What? 

3 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Missed FG

I give Taylor a pass, give rigo a pass, but Frank has used his passe up for me.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It happens when you are playing a lot of rookies in their 1st pressure game on the road against a very good team.  

No doubting that! Even with the youth we still had a chance. The team is VERY young. Future is bright. 

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I agree with the rookie jitters and some players making a mistake. But I cant back up Frank after sticking with Vinny, abandoning the run all year, and poor coaching decisions. He should be on the hot seat if we can find a better Coach.

the sad part is frank is amazing at designing offensive plays and putting QBs in a system that helps their strengths .  His weakness is play calling during a game , clock management , and being way to aggressive always and losing games because of it .

14 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Not taking the 3 points, going for 2, and challenging an obvious play.

3 boneheaded decisions that cost us the game.  That is unacceptable at the NFL level.

so is missing a 33 yard fieldgoal. 
so is jumping offsides on 4th down and dropping an interception in the end zone.

so is dropping a touchdown in the end zone. 
I could go on and on. But we’ll blame the easy one. 

Just now, coming on strong said:

the sad part is frank is amazing at designing offensive plays and putting QBs in a system that helps their strengths .  His weakness is play calling during a game , clock management , and being way to aggressive always and losing games because of it .

He is a play designer that's it. Guy shouldnt ever be calling plays. He gets desprate. Like gambling addict.

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

so is missing a 33 yard fieldgoal. 
so is jumping offsides on 4th down and dropping an interception in the end zone.

so is dropping a touchdown in the end zone. 
I could go on and on. But we’ll blame the easy one. 

I agree all those other plays were bad, but as a HC in the NFL, you should not be making bad decisions like that on a consistent basis.  It's worse than failing to execute.

6 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I’m still confused at this.  They show his knees down before the ball comes out, they break for commercial, and come back with a play starting and the announcers are like oh by the way colts challenged and lost the challenge and their a time out. What? 

Inexcusable.  Yet some are on here trying to make excuses.

Archived