Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on yesterday's game and going forward

On 1/10/2021 at 8:20 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

I agree with u on Rivers arm. His lack of mobility and arm strength limits what the offence can do. Defences dont respect him going deep so they crowd the line. Now get Stafford and that would change. I am all for drafting the future next year or going with Eason. May take a step  back but I beleive we r only dealing the inevitable. Its like a band aid with Rivers. Time to tear it off and fast

I was thinking about Stafford too. I like the good parts about him but I'm just not sure if we could depend on him to win big games. It seems like throughout his Lion career he hasn't really done much in big moments, even with players like Megatron. I know his teams weren't always the best but I'd hate for him to come here and throw away games.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:14 PM, Tsarquise said:

I understand your sentiments, but....

Andrew Luck sure played great against the Chiefs. 

Luck laid an absolute egg against the Chiefs, I admit that. Still, I have faith that Luck was capable of having better games against them, especially with having a team of this caliber around him.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:46 PM, EastStreet said:

My thoughts on yesterday...

It was a very unnecessary loss. Bad coaching in several areas, and some key mistakes by players. Player mistakes always happen, and I don't think any one player was egregious on the whole. Coaches however aren't supposed to impact the game to the negative near as much. 

My thoughts on going forward.... 

I expect us to re-sign most of our starting FAs. I expect another good draft to fill the holes left by FAs we don't resign. I expect one big new FA signing. And I pray they move play calling responsibility to someone else. 

We could have won the game but Reich threw it away.

As far as player mistakes, players will always make mistakes like jumping off sides and missing kicks.  No QB makes every throw, but Rivers made some big throws in the 4th to keep the chains moving.

If Reich just plays conservative, like taking the points on 4th down in the first half and not challenging the fumble, we win.

• Like 1
On 1/14/2021 at 1:57 PM, PRnum1 said:

We could have won the game but Reich threw it away.

As far as player mistakes, players will always make mistakes like jumping off sides and missing kicks.  No QB makes every throw, but Rivers made some big throws in the 4th to keep the chains moving.

If Reich just plays conservative, like taking the points on 4th down in the first half and not challenging the fumble, we win.

Yup, totally unnecessary. We had a couple games this year that were simply very bad losses that were totally avoidable. Jax, Pitt, and Buffalo. Had we won the Jax and Pitt games, pretty sure we would have been a #2 and would have had home field until this weekend. 

And yes, players make mistakes every game, regardless of how good or bad the team is. You don't see good coaches having so many wut moments over and over again. And yes, Rivers was clutch, especially on 3rd down. IIRC, he was 6-9 at one time. I have zero complaints about him.