Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something to grow on

GoColts8818

Today is very disappointing and if you want to talk about the negatives there are a lot of threads to do that so please respect this one not to do that as that’s not what it’s going to be intended for.  

I want to talk about some guys I think are just going to be studs for the Colts for years to come.  Taylor didn’t have his best game today but make no mistake the way he played down the stretch the Colts have a keeper in him.  I think Hines is the perfect spell back for him too.  I was impressed how they played as a tandem over the last month of the season. 

You can’t talk about the running game without talking about the line.  Yes the Colts will have to do something about LT even if AC comes back but Nelson, Kelly, Glow, and Smith are all young studs that aren’t going anywhere.  Smith went all year without giving up a sack that’s an amazing accomplishment.  Glow is underrated by several here but graded out to have a great year and Nelson and Kelly are as good as anyone your going to find at their positions.  

Pittman, the guy that really made me start this thread, is going to be a really player for this team for a long time.  I think the Colts have found the next in their long history of great WRs.  

Defense has stars at every level of the defense in Buckner, Leonard, and Moore.  That’s a very good foundation to build around on defense.  Yes they have some holes to fill and some vets to make decisions on but having three very good players in something to build off of.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Today is very disappointing and if you want to talk about the negatives there are a lot of threads to do that so please respect this one not to do that as that’s not what it’s going to be intended for.  

I want to talk about some guys I think are just going to be studs for the Colts for years to come.  Taylor didn’t have his best game today but make no mistake the way he played down the stretch the Colts have a keeper in him.  I think Hines is the perfect spell back for him too.  I was impressed how they played as a tandem over the last month of the season. 

You can’t talk about the running game without talking about the line.  Yes the Colts will have to do something about LT even if AC comes back but Nelson, Kelly, Glow, and Smith are all young studs that aren’t going anywhere.  Smith went all year without giving up a sack that’s an amazing accomplishment.  Glow is underrated by several here but graded out to have a great year and Nelson and Kelly are as good as anyone your going to find at their positions.  

Pittman, the guy that really made me start this thread, is going to be a really player for this team for a long time.  I think the Colts have found the next in their long history of great WRs.  

Defense has stars at every level of the defense in Buckner, Leonard, and Moore.  That’s a very good foundation to build around on defense.  Yes they have some holes to fill and some vets to make decisions on but having three very good players in something to build off of.  

Rodgers showed some promise and big game step up. Lots of growth from players all year. One person coaching the team showed no growth, enough said!

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Rodgers showed some promise and big game step up. Lots of growth from players all year. One person coaching the team showed no growth, enough said!

Way to disrespect my request in the first response.  I thought maybe I could say something positive about the game without people feeling the need to take a shot at someone.  Nope.  I made a mistake.  I am back out.  Have fun with your finger pointing and witch hunts. 

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Way to disrespect my request in the first response.  I thought maybe I could say something positive about the game without people feeling the need to take a shot at someone.  Nope.  I made a mistake.  I am back out.  Have fun with your finger pointing and witch hunts. 

Lol the bad comes with the good. It's part of the game. 

1 hour ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Weird we are a 11 win team with talent ,but going into off season we don’t know who our quarterback is .

That is really weird.

Lots of good young players all over the place. Our window starts now, regardless of who is QB next season.

Go COLTS!

49 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would also add some other potential stars on this team include Blackmon, Okereke, Braden Smith, and Willis. And at times Grover has been beastly as well. Future is bright! Just need our longterm answer at QB, LT, and DE and we are set. 

Not sure you fully appreciate just how hard getting those three positions right really is.    Some teams never get those spots the way they want.    It's way harder than you make it sound.

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

I would also add some other potential stars on this team include Blackmon, Okereke, Braden Smith, and Willis. And at times Grover has been beastly as well. Future is bright! Just need our longterm answer at QB, LT, and DE and we are set. 

Yea but without the answer at quarterback we in limbo 

Glad someone else started this. I was thinking of doing a "positive takeaways" thread. 

Pros

-Our young offensive weapons went out with a bang. Taylor, Hines, and Pittman all looked great.

-Bucker just is who he is. A real difference maker for this team. He is reasonably the single best player on this roster. If he had an elite pass rusher next to him, hoowee. 

-defense honestly played quite well against the number two offense. We had a couple killer moments like the freeze up against Diggs and the Turay penalty but I'm mostly proud of how they stepped up in a big game and gave the O a chance to win it. 

My only concern now is just how can we make the step forward next year? If we stick with Rivers what can we do to get better next year? Perhaps players just need to grow or do we need to hope to draft more difference makers? Maybe big armed Eason is the future? Maybe we have eyes on a FA qb or one in the draft. Find out what happens this offseason on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

I agree with the OP.  We have a good, young nucleus of players that are going to be together for the next 5 years or so.  Nelson, Kelly, Smith, Taylor, Pittman, Hines, Leonard, Buckner, Stewart, Okereke, Blackmon, Willis, Sanchez, Blankenship.  We have to figure out how to plug the holes and fill out the rest of the roster to keep the success going during those years, and perhaps even make a championship run.

I like where we've come, since the ragged remains of the 2016 team that had nothing left.  And I like where we're going.

CB has my full support.

Couldn't find the original thread I posted in before the game, so I hope this is a good spot. 

There is no doubt in my mind that the Colts are the best last seed in the playoffs in my time as a football fan. They are better than 4 division winners at least, and I think they played better than my Bills today. We got lucky and got the bounces, and benefited from some of Reich's decisions. 

This year we were supposed to have the hardest schedule we had in a long time - Chiefs, Titans, Steelers, NFC West. You guys are the best team I've seen line up across from us this season (given how the Chiefs have been trending). 

I know you're mad at Reich, but he has you guys playing top notch football on both sides of the ball, and created the exact gameplan you guys needed to limit us, and he got your players to execute it, and they executed at a very high level. 

What an amazing all-around football game, man. Hats off, and even with potential QB uncertainties, the OP is right that you have a heckuva team to build around and improve with. The exact kind that can get into the playoffs and devastate. You came thisclose to devastating us today, and deserved it more than we did. I was mad that we went back to our midseason-lull offense, and our early season lull defense, but I realized it wasn't us sliding back, it was you taking two units that had been playing elite and confusing & frustrating the hell out of them. 

I hope you guys don't overreact to the negative feelings because you deserve to be optimistic and hold your heads high. 

Archived