Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zone Defense!

IndyEric07

Anyone else tired of this zone Defense crap? Every game I despise seeing our safeties 15-20 yrds behind the l.o.s., and our dbs/lbs standing place until the ball Is caught! Is this Eberfulss’s fault??? I dont know! Did he stay with this tampa 2 strategy because of the player personell, or Reich!??? If they are professional players, they shouldnt have to be that far back to start a play! Like Gump would say,... Im not a smart man, but Im not an indiot! 

FIRE FRANK!!!

30 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Anyone else tired of this zone Defense crap? Every game I despise seeing our safeties 15-20 yrds behind the l.o.s., and our dbs/lbs standing place until the ball Is caught! Is this Eberfulss’s fault??? I dont know! Did he stay with this tampa 2 strategy because of the player personell, or Reich!??? If they are professional players, they shouldnt have to be that far back to start a play! Like Gump would say,... Im not a smart man, but Im not an indiot! 

FIRE FRANK!!!

Buffalo didn’t do well against zone at all this season and Indy played them that way. Going man was asking for trouble with Diggs playing as well as he has. Frank isn’t going anywhere, so I’d hop off that fire him talk. 

The Colts' D held the hottest offense in the NFL (hotter than the Chiefs), an offense averaging nearly 40 points a game, to 27 points.

That was more than enough to win the game.  I was thrilled with the D's effort.  In fact, if the Colts kick a FG (or convert on the Pittman 4th down), and Clankenship makes the chip shot, the Colts are leading with 2:32 left in the game.

The only disappointment from the D today was Turay's undisciplined play.  There's no excuse for that.

27 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Buffalo didn’t do well against zone at all this season and Indy played them that way. Going man was asking for trouble with Diggs playing as well as he has. Frank isn’t going anywhere, so I’d hop off that fire him talk. 

Well....that isn't exactly true. Allen struggled in the first half of the year versus zones...he had 1 TD and 4 INTs with a QB rating of about 68

Last half of the year was a different story as Allen had 4 TDs versus 1 INT and almost a 108 rating.

Playing man is not a smart option as Allen had 25 TDs versus 2 INTs on the year versus man and a league best QB rating.

The Colts did really well overall at making Allen work hard for every yard other than when they caught then a few times with some throws to Diggs. Gave him a lot of short stuff underneath. Last year Allen would have gotten impatient and probably forced a few throws. This year he stayed patient and took his shots when he was able to.

Either way don't be too upset, compared to most teams, the Colts played us really tough on D. I wasn't thrilled with some of the calls by Daboll as I felt they got a little too cute with some Allen QB sweep runs and 2 more runs after an 8 yard gain on 1st down where we only got 1 yard total and had to punt from deep in our own end.

Archived