Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We should trade 3 first round picks for Watson when the season is over


Recommended Posts

A QB is the most important position on the team and the one position holding us back from winning a SB. We will probably lose Rivers and Brissett after the season, and I don't know how good Eason will be. I'm guessing we'll have around the 22nd in the draft. That might not be good enough to draft or trade up for a franchise QB. IMO, we should bite the bullet, and trade three 1st round picks to The Texans for Deshaun Watson. He is a top 5 QB, and we can probably win a SB with him. He would give us 10+ years of contention, Ballard would still be the GM and has proven he can draft outside the 1st round. This is what we need to win to win a SB in the future. I don't want to have to wait 3 years for a rookie to become good enough to make us possible contenders when all of our draft picks have to be paid and we have to get rid of some of them. Trade for Watson, and lets become SB contenders next year. Please Ballard! :thmup:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Watson isnt worth 3 first rounders though he is a stud QB and I hope he ends up outside our division. 1st rounders are a commodity, three of them would cripple the club.

He's worth 3 easily

He put up MVP numbers without Hopkins and his garbage line

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the guy.

 

Do I think you can win a SB with him? Yes.

 

Do I think he's in the Manning/Brady class of years past. Or Mahomes/Wilson now? No I don't.

 

He seems like a bit of a drama queen.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danlhart87 said:

He's worth 3 easily

He put up MVP numbers without Hopkins and his garbage line


Agreed.  But they won’t trade him, and if so, it won’t be to a division rival.  We’d have to spice up the deal with Q, and no one wants that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

He's worth 3 easily

He put up MVP numbers without Hopkins and his garbage line

It's moot because the Texans would never trade him in the division.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Watson isnt worth 3 first rounders though he is a stud QB and I hope he ends up outside our division. 1st rounders are a commodity, three of them would cripple the club.

If any team gets a player that helps take the team deep into the playoffs. That said player is worth it.

 

1) If your deep into the playoffs (AFC Champ game) you are picking at the bottom of the first round.

2) You aren't guaranteed that your 1st rounder will produce as the player traded for either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rackeen305 said:

If any team gets a player that helps take the team deep into the playoffs. That said player is worth it.

 

1) If your deep into the playoffs (AFC Champ game) you are picking at the bottom of the first round.

2) You aren't guaranteed that your 1st rounder will produce as the player traded for either.

You arent guaranteed player you trade for produces like they did prior especially when suffered 174 sacks...shelf life less then a player with say 74 sacks. We arent talking Patrick mahomes here

Link to post
Share on other sites

This spring let's draft one of the blue chippers in the likes of Mac Jones, Trey Lance or Kyle Trask the QB position and have him compete with Eason and the winner starts and other a back up a long term answer for our QB positions.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thunderbolt said:

This spring let's draft one of the blue chippers in the likes of Mac Jones, Trey Lance or Kyle Trask the QB position and have him compete with Eason and the winner starts and other a back up a long term answer for our QB positions.

A good plan if Rivers hangs it up and Stafford isn’t an option.

 

Because Deshaun Watson will never don a Colts uniform.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's look at this from the Texans side:

 

What do they get out of immediately pushing a rival closer to a championship?

 

Three first rounders?

 

Ok.

 

Most of those picks are likely to be mid to late first round.

 

The odds of them finding a guy just as good as Watson in there is slim to none.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tucky89 said:

Let's look at this from the Texans side:

 

What do they get out of immediately pushing a rival closer to a championship?

 

Three first rounders?

 

Ok.

 

Most of those picks are likely to be mid to late first round.

 

The odds of them finding a guy just as good as Watson in there is slim to none.

 

 

They sign a free agent to fill Watson's shoes and use all the draft capital to fix holes, we will not give a division rival in trouble an avenue to escape...ever

Watson is NOT Mahomes

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Jets would do it though, look what the gave for Darnold some club got Q Nelson and Braden Smith and K. Turay and Jordan Wilkins and Rock Ya Sin....lesson...Dont be the Jets

Christ that looks really bad in hindsight.

 

But I'm not convinced Darnold is done. He plays for the worst organization in pro sports.

 

I think he can absolutely flourish elsewhere.

 

Minnesota, Indy, Vegas, New Orleans, and Chicago.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tucky89 said:

Christ that looks really bad in hindsight.

 

But I'm not convinced Darnold is done. He plays for the worst organization in pro sports.

 

I think he can absolutely flourish elsewhere.

 

Minnesota, Indy, Vegas, New Orleans, and Chicago.

 

 

I'm not saying Darnold is done or a bust BUT I am saying draft picks high have tremendous value and much more often then not those gained said capital win out.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

They sign a free agent to fill Watson's shoes and use all the draft capital to fix holes, we will not give a division rival in trouble an avenue to escape...ever

Watson is NOT Mahomes

Escape?

 

They add pieces but have no QB.

 

For us? I'm still undecided if I'd pull the trigger.

 

And Mahomes is in a class of his own. The Brady, Mahomes, and Mannings come around once in a generation. I doubt many QB's reach those heights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Serious question: Is Eason not considered a viable option as a future QB for the Colts? I never hear anything about him.

the team said almost nothing about him this year and we never saw him in any game so who knows.  hopefully there is a pre season next year

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tucky89 said:

Escape?

 

They add pieces but have no QB.

 

For us? I'm still undecided if I'd pull the trigger.

 

And Mahomes is in a class of his own. The Brady, Mahomes, and Mannings come around once in a generation.

They add young pieces via draft and sign a free agent QB and they have escaped years of rebuild....some team will give them something it wont be us and it def wont be 3 first rounders bet your bottom dollar on that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Serious question: Is Eason not considered a viable option as a future QB for the Colts? I never hear anything about him.

 

Honestly I don't know.

 

If we still had Luck, and added a piece or two, we are SB contenders.

 

It still stings that he retired.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, holeymoley99 said:

They add young pieces via draft and sign a free agent QB and they have escaped years of rebuild....some team will give them something it wont be us and it def wont be 3 first rounders bet your bottom dollar on that.

 

I wonder if Minnesota or Chicago would give up what it takes to get him.

 

Him on Chicago = immediate SB contender.

 

And you are correct. It won’t be us.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tucky89 said:

 

Honestly I don't know.

 

If we still had Luck, and added a piece or two, we are SB contenders.

 

It still stings that he retired.

The team was good enough to win the SB this year with Luck.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson would have nobody to throw to. Biggest need is at WR/CB, if the colts had a top receiver this season they would be a 3/4 seed for sure. If they had a top receiver today’s game would have been a W 100%

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Why do you think he's worth three 1st rounders?

Because if he was on the Colts I wouldn't accept 3 1st round picks from a team poised to be perennial playoff team for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson is a good quarterback I'll give you that but he really hasn't done enough to warrant giving up three first round picks. How many playoff games has he won? Id give up one 1st round pick and maybe some additional latter round picks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

Why do you think he's worth three 1st rounders?

because he put up MVP numbers with a terrible offense in Houston.  I fully expected his numbers to crash hard without DH but he came up with huge plays this year. 

 

He's obviously a top 5 possibly even top 3 QB in the NFL and you can't put a price on having a franchise QB. It is so hard to find one but if you do you should be in good hands.

 

Trading 3 20s 1st for Watson would be steal

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I think the only one I will hold off 1st round is CB with Carrie returning 
    • Quite frankly.....   You're open to everything.     Your positions change day to day and seemingly hour to hour.    It's the one constant in your posting.     You'll have a new position very shortly.   Hey, whatever works for you.....  
    • I'm open to the idea of other positions that aren't WR and OT because the class for both is deep
    • Overall, Smith will get a lot of buzz. He had some blood clot issues 2 years ago I think (all is OK now), but somebody will grab him. He was a very high regarded recruit coming out of HS. Either Chad or I. 
    • Close to mid-way of the Third Round:   65) Kansas City (via Jags) 7:00  @danlhart87 Kelvin Joseph  KENTUCKY   CB  66) New York Jets 7:05 @Archer Dillon Radunz  NORTH DAKOTA STATE    OT  67) Houston Texans 7:10 @Qwiz  Robert Rochell  CENTRAL ARKANSAS   CB   68) Atlanta Falcons 7:15@jvan1973  Dayo Odeyingbo  VANDERBILT  EDGE   69) Cincinnati Bengals 7:20 @stitches  Walker Little  STANFORD   OT   70) Philadelphia Eagles 7:25 @Defjamz26 Jabril Cox  LSU  LB 71) Denver Broncos 7:30 @ColtsGermany Elijah Molden  WASHINGTON  6.25    CB     72) Detroit Lions 7:35 @RNGDShobby  Jamar Johnson  INDIANA  6.30    SAF   73) Carolina Panthers 7:50 @MPStack Pete Werner  OHIO STATE     LB 74) Washington Football Team (from 49ers) 7:55 @Coltsman1788 Davis Mills  STANFORD     QB 75) Dallas Cowboys 8:00 @luv_pony_express Stone Forsythe  FLORIDA  6.27    OT     76) New York Giants 8:05 @DiogoSales  77) Los Angeles Charger 8:10 @PRnum1 Shakur Brown  MICHIGAN STATE  6.23    CB  78) Minnesota Vikings 8:15 @luv_pony_express Trey Smith  TENNESSEE  6.18    G  
  • Members

    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 8,594

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • chad72

      chad72 7,494

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 9,300

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JoeThornburg

      JoeThornburg 137

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • WarGhost21

      WarGhost21 969

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 8,737

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BlueShoe

      BlueShoe 683

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • LJpalmbeacher2

      LJpalmbeacher2 1,978

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jskinnz

      jskinnz 1,888

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BillHill

      BillHill 6

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...