Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We should trade 3 first round picks for Watson when the season is over

A QB is the most important position on the team and the one position holding us back from winning a SB. We will probably lose Rivers and Brissett after the season, and I don't know how good Eason will be. I'm guessing we'll have around the 22nd in the draft. That might not be good enough to draft or trade up for a franchise QB. IMO, we should bite the bullet, and trade three 1st round picks to The Texans for Deshaun Watson. He is a top 5 QB, and we can probably win a SB with him. He would give us 10+ years of contention, Ballard would still be the GM and has proven he can draft outside the 1st round. This is what we need to win to win a SB in the future. I don't want to have to wait 3 years for a rookie to become good enough to make us possible contenders when all of our draft picks have to be paid and we have to get rid of some of them. Trade for Watson, and lets become SB contenders next year. Please Ballard! :thmup:

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Watson isnt worth 3 first rounders though he is a stud QB and I hope he ends up outside our division. 1st rounders are a commodity, three of them would cripple the club.

He's worth 3 easily

He put up MVP numbers without Hopkins and his garbage line

Just now, danlhart87 said:

He's worth 3 easily

He put up MVP numbers without Hopkins and his garbage line

Agreed.  But they won’t trade him, and if so, it won’t be to a division rival.  We’d have to spice up the deal with Q, and no one wants that.  

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Watson isnt worth 3 first rounders though he is a stud QB and I hope he ends up outside our division. 1st rounders are a commodity, three of them would cripple the club.

If any team gets a player that helps take the team deep into the playoffs. That said player is worth it.

1) If your deep into the playoffs (AFC Champ game) you are picking at the bottom of the first round.

2) You aren't guaranteed that your 1st rounder will produce as the player traded for either.

Just now, Rackeen305 said:

If any team gets a player that helps take the team deep into the playoffs. That said player is worth it.

1) If your deep into the playoffs (AFC Champ game) you are picking at the bottom of the first round.

2) You aren't guaranteed that your 1st rounder will produce as the player traded for either.

You arent guaranteed player you trade for produces like they did prior especially when suffered 174 sacks...shelf life less then a player with say 74 sacks. We arent talking Patrick mahomes here

1 minute ago, Thunderbolt said:

This spring let's draft one of the blue chippers in the likes of Mac Jones, Trey Lance or Kyle Trask the QB position and have him compete with Eason and the winner starts and other a back up a long term answer for our QB positions.

A good plan if Rivers hangs it up and Stafford isn’t an option.

Because Deshaun Watson will never don a Colts uniform.

Let's look at this from the Texans side:

What do they get out of immediately pushing a rival closer to a championship?

Three first rounders?

Ok.

Most of those picks are likely to be mid to late first round.

The odds of them finding a guy just as good as Watson in there is slim to none.

1 minute ago, tucky89 said:

Let's look at this from the Texans side:

What do they get out of immediately pushing a rival closer to a championship?

Three first rounders?

Ok.

Most of those picks are likely to be mid to late first round.

The odds of them finding a guy just as good as Watson in there is slim to none.

They sign a free agent to fill Watson's shoes and use all the draft capital to fix holes, we will not give a division rival in trouble an avenue to escape...ever

Watson is NOT Mahomes

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Jets would do it though, look what the gave for Darnold some club got Q Nelson and Braden Smith and K. Turay and Jordan Wilkins and Rock Ya Sin....lesson...Dont be the Jets

Christ that looks really bad in hindsight.

But I'm not convinced Darnold is done. He plays for the worst organization in pro sports.

I think he can absolutely flourish elsewhere.

Minnesota, Indy, Vegas, New Orleans, and Chicago.

Just now, tucky89 said:

Christ that looks really bad in hindsight.

But I'm not convinced Darnold is done. He plays for the worst organization in pro sports.

I think he can absolutely flourish elsewhere.

Minnesota, Indy, Vegas, New Orleans, and Chicago.

I'm not saying Darnold is done or a bust BUT I am saying draft picks high have tremendous value and much more often then not those gained said capital win out.......

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

They sign a free agent to fill Watson's shoes and use all the draft capital to fix holes, we will not give a division rival in trouble an avenue to escape...ever

Watson is NOT Mahomes

Escape?

They add pieces but have no QB.

For us? I'm still undecided if I'd pull the trigger.

And Mahomes is in a class of his own. The Brady, Mahomes, and Mannings come around once in a generation. I doubt many QB's reach those heights.

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Serious question: Is Eason not considered a viable option as a future QB for the Colts? I never hear anything about him.

the team said almost nothing about him this year and we never saw him in any game so who knows.  hopefully there is a pre season next year

1 minute ago, tucky89 said:

Escape?

They add pieces but have no QB.

For us? I'm still undecided if I'd pull the trigger.

And Mahomes is in a class of his own. The Brady, Mahomes, and Mannings come around once in a generation.

They add young pieces via draft and sign a free agent QB and they have escaped years of rebuild....some team will give them something it wont be us and it def wont be 3 first rounders bet your bottom dollar on that.

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Serious question: Is Eason not considered a viable option as a future QB for the Colts? I never hear anything about him.

Honestly I don't know.

If we still had Luck, and added a piece or two, we are SB contenders.

It still stings that he retired.

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

They add young pieces via draft and sign a free agent QB and they have escaped years of rebuild....some team will give them something it wont be us and it def wont be 3 first rounders bet your bottom dollar on that.

I wonder if Minnesota or Chicago would give up what it takes to get him.

Him on Chicago = immediate SB contender.

And you are correct. It won’t be us.

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

Why do you think he's worth three 1st rounders?

because he put up MVP numbers with a terrible offense in Houston.  I fully expected his numbers to crash hard without DH but he came up with huge plays this year. 

He's obviously a top 5 possibly even top 3 QB in the NFL and you can't put a price on having a franchise QB. It is so hard to find one but if you do you should be in good hands.

Trading 3 20s 1st for Watson would be steal

Archived