Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

He did better than most people thought he would. If he had an offseason with the team and perhaps some better WRs he could have been even better. That being said I hope we move on.

the problem is if the colts keep rivers and the cap goes down 20 million the colts will lose about 4 or 5 key players in free agency and have a worse team next year with a older rivers .  Its just not a good move if the colts role with eason they can pick up wrs and corners and a pass rusher with the rivers money .

5 dropped passes, a missed easy FG, and 3 terrible decisions by Frank Reich today.

Rivers played very well.  Yet, the usual suspects are on here blaming him for the loss.

Proves my point that they will blame Rivers for any loss no matter what, because they can't admit they were wrong about signing him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Rivers definitely exceeded my expectations this year and did far better than what we had at QB last season. Those of you already bashing him need to take a hike and express your gloom and doom constant crying somewhere else. This is a appreciation post, which it seems some of you don’t know what that means. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

So even though every other thread in the forum right now is "Fire Reich, Fire Rivers" with plenty of opportunities to complain about Rivers, you just HAD to bring the Rivers-bashing into a "Thank you, Philip" thread?

That doesn't strike you as classless?

Geezus...

Its spelled Jesus, and I was commenting on the sycophantic thread not rivers performance.

4 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

5 dropped passes, a missed easy FG, and 3 terrible decisions by Frank Reich today.

Rivers played very well.  Yet, the usual suspects are on here blaming him for the loss.

Proves my point that they will blame Rivers for any loss no matter what, because they can't admit they were wrong about signing him.

I think Rivers played well.  The loss is mostly on Reich here.  Blankenship didn’t help.

But there were still some head-scratching passes (esp. on that last drive), missed targets, and a couple rainbows that gave the pass defense time to close.

5 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Rivers definitely exceeded my expectations this year and did far better than what we had at QB last season. Those of you already bashing him need to take a hike and express your gloom and doom constant crying somewhere else. This is a appreciation post, which it seems some of you don’t know what that means. 

We are allowed to share our thoughts, even if they aren't loyalists. 

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

So share the negativity on a different post that isn’t a appreciation thread. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Its spelled Jesus, and I was commenting on the sycophantic thread not rivers performance.

Still, if you knew what it was, clicking on it, reading it, and then deciding to comment "ugh" was a waste of your time, and more importantly, a waste of my time.  :D

Sheezus...

Plenty of space to share the appropriate thoughts in the appropriate threads...  this is most obviously NOT a bash-Rivers thread, so take that nonsense to the appropriate thread...

Sheezus...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Still, if you knew what it was, clicking on it, reading it, and then deciding to comment "ugh" was a waste of your time, and more importantly, a waste of my time.  :D

Sheezus...

Plenty of space to share the appropriate thoughts in the appropriate threads...  this is most obviously NOT a bash-Rivers thread, so take that nonsense to the appropriate thread...

Sheezus...

This is another Rivers thread. So he will be discussed. 

I do say thank you Rivers for this year we wouldn’t of been this good without him.

I also hope the best for him as he transitions from QB to Head Coach of the high school he signed up with earlier this year. 

• Thanks 1

Enough of this back and forth.

If you don't wish to appreciate Rivers(which is fine) then go to the Rivers Fate thread and express your concerns there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

You don't think Brissett could've thrown 24 TDs and 11 picks? 

I think he could but Rivers is way better at the pre-snap read and audibles. 

This is another Rivers thread. So he will be discussed. 

This is not "another" Rivers thread.

Unlike the others, this isn't a "Rivers sucks" thread.  Big difference.

You're being disrespectful bringing that energy into a "Thank you, Philip" thread.  If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you...  :dunno:

He was terrific today and all season. Wish we could have made a few more plays for him today. It's a game of inches and today we came up inches short. Thank you Phil!

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This is not "another" Rivers thread.

Unlike the others, this isn't a "Rivers sucks" thread.  Big difference.

You're being disrespectful bringing that energy into a "Thank you, Philip" thread.  If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you...  :dunno:

I'm not being disrespectful, you just don't like what I have to say. If Rivers is being discussed, I can say anything related to Rivers that isn't vulgar. Get over it, he won't be back next year regardless of how great you think he did. And like I just said before, if you are allowed to say how much you adore him on the negative threads, then I am allowed to say how much I am glad he will be gone on an appreciation thread. 

If we were all the same, the world would be a boring place. 

• Like 1

Absolutely agree. It was fun watching Rivers play. Not in the way new age QBs are fun, but in the old school way - it was a joy to watch a vet QB, who knows exactly what he wants to do and executing an offense expertly from mental stand point. I'd gladly take him back for one more year if he wants to play, as long as this doesn't prevent us from seeking acquiring our QB of the future. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Absolutely agree. It was fun watching Rivers play. Not in the way new age QBs are fun, but in the old school way - it was a joy to watch a vet QB, who knows exactly what he wants to do and executing an offense expertly from mental stand point. I'd gladly take him back for one more year if he wants to play, as long as this doesn't prevent us from seeking acquiring our QB of the future. 

I think he would make a great coach. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Sheezus...

Sheezus...

Your time is so valuable.  I apologize.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I'm not being disrespectful, you just don't like what I have to say. If Rivers is being discussed, I can say anything related to Rivers that isn't vulgar. Get over it, he won't be back next year regardless of how great you think he did. And like I just said before, if you are allowed to say how much you adore him on the negative threads, then I am allowed to say how much I am glad he will be gone on an appreciation thread. 

If we were all the same, the world would be a boring place. 

Someone makes ONE thread trying to be positive after a heart-breaking playoff loss.

One positive thread in the sea of negativity that is this place after a loss...

Guess I'm not really surprised.  The toxicity in this place skyrockets after a loss.  Especially a playoff loss.  :thmdown:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I prefer Stafford over Ryan. 

I can dig it honestly.

I just think we're to good (not rebuilding) where you've gotta get another Rivers type for a couple years. No way on that lets draft someone in the first and throw them in.

We're in it to win it now regardless of how good or bad anyone thinks we are. 

Just now, IinD said:

I can dig it honestly.

I just think we're to good (not rebuilding) where you've gotta get another Rivers type for a couple years. No way on that lets draft someone in the first and throw them in.

We're in it to win it now regardless of how good or bad anyone thinks we are. 

To me the skill gap between Stafford and Rivers is yuuuge. 

Stafford instantly makes the colts a 12-4 team imo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Of course it is always the QB's fault, lmao 

• Like 1

To me the skill gap between Stafford and Rivers is yuuuge. 

Stafford instantly makes the colts a 12-4 team imo. 

And if we just had an iota of mobility at QB this year, it would have been yuge 

Just now, sb2001 said:

And if we just had an iota of mobility at QB this year, it would have been yuge 

I agree. I think even someone with Brissett's level of mobility would've been enough. I swear it looked like 17 couldn't jog. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Although it was pretty much what I expected, it was pleasantly fun. 

Well Done No GIF by SWR3

I agree, Rivers was a fun character. But I too predicted a playoff birth with a first round loss. 

Just now, John Waylon said:

I said one and done or first three out. 

I predicted 10-6. Interestingly if they didnt add that extra playoff spot we wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Funny I haven't seen that mentioned much.