Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to say, no matter what happens, we are truly lucky that we had Rivers play for us this year. He may not have been the answer, time will tell, but the way he competed, the way he carried h

Rivers no Turnovers, 309 Yards, 2 TD's. We gave this game away. I haven't been this disappointed since losing the SB in 2009. We had them beat, I am sick right now.

Id have zero problem with Phil coming back if Eason isnt ready. We damn sure didnt lose bc of Phil.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Sorry, I don't like the Houston front office, or the divas in the locker room.

 

I'm tired of "I'm special" and "my voice must be head"... stuff.

 

It's football. Go make a play. Entertain your fanbase while you're making 30+M

He's young and one of the most talented QB on the game, he wants a ring and a team around him, nothing wrong with that IMO.

 

If that option were on the table, would you say no?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

There's more to the game than just a big paycheck. Watson wants a SB and won't get it in Houston 

Every player wants only SB. Only one team a year wins one.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DiogoSales said:

He's young and one of the most talented QB on the game, he wants a ring and a team around him, nothing wrong with that IMO.

 

If that option were on the table, would you say no?

He always has options. He didn't have to sign a 100+ M contract. He doesn't have to stay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DiogoSales said:

 

Can we give like 10 picks for Watson? We would be unstoppable.

 

I really doubt the Texans trade him even if he asks for one.  I can almost promise you they won’t trade him within the division.  Still I am sure Ballard would call.  Even Ryan Grigson would know to make that call.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I really doubt the Texans trade him even if he asks for one.  I can almost promise you they won’t trade him within the division.  Still I am sure Ballard would call.  Even Ryan Grigson would know to make that call.  

Its moments like this that makes me wish OBrien was still around 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

It is on reich. Don’t challenge a play if you haven’t even reviewed  it yet on the big board or got the call from someone up top to challenge it.. he challenged it without even looking at it.. he went for it on 4th and 4? We lost by 3. This fool actually went for 2pts when we would have been down by 7 if he would kick the extra point lol. I’m blaming Frank

That is the one that really made no sense, out of a bunch of questionable calls all year.

 

If you don't want to go to OT, then you kick the extra point to be down by 7 and THEN if you score another TD and need the extra point to tie or a 2 pointer to win, you go for the 2 if you want to.   But ONLY then. 

 

But to go for 2 when you are still down a 8 points?  Made zero sense and imo anyone doing that probably should not be coaching a football team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Would we?  Luck was terrible in the playoffs.  Probably would have thrown 3 picks today.

LOL WOW you would rather have Rivers over Luck ask any Colt fan who no's football' who they would rather have. You must be related to Rivers no other rational explanation 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

LOL WOW you would rather have Rivers over Luck ask any Colt fan who no's football' who they would rather have. You must be related to Rivers no other rational explanation 

He's had some takes I've completely disagreed with since after the game. Even by the offchance Luck and Rivers were even, Luck is still 8 years younger than Rivers and that makes him the much better choice over a 39 year old Rivers. There's no comparision on who's better anyway though. I will never forgive Luck for quitting on us, but I'll admit he's much better than Rivers was for us this year. That guy you were talking to is either a former Chargers fan, or he's just switching to like Rivers because he's now the Colts QB, so now he feels he has to talk positive about him and it's ok to bash Luck because he retired.

 

I'll bash Luck for his decision to retire and the timing of it, but I will never bash his football ability or demean him by saying a 39 year old Rivers is a better choice than a 31 year old Andrew Luck at this point.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He's had some takes I've completely disagreed with since after the game. Even by the offchance Luck and Rivers were even, Luck is still 8 years younger than Rivers and that makes him the much better choice over a 39 year old Rivers. There's no comparision on who's better anyway though. I will never forgive Luck for quitting on us, but I'll admit he's much better than Rivers was for us this year. That guy you were talking to is either a former Chargers fan, or he's just switching to like Rivers because he's now the Colts QB, so now he feels he has to talk positive about him and it's ok to bash Luck because he retired.

 

I'll bash Luck for his decision to retire and the timing of it, but I will never bash his football ability or demean him by saying a 39 year old Rivers is a better choice than a 31 year old Andrew Luck at this point.

I to will never forgive him for quitting on us 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I really doubt the Texans trade him even if he asks for one.  I can almost promise you they won’t trade him within the division.  Still I am sure Ballard would call.  Even Ryan Grigson would know to make that call.  

True, just kidding, that's just a fan hope.

 

We are on the Alex Smith x Mahomes era of transition, just like the Chiefs.

 

Like the Chiefs, we know Rivers can take us to playoffs every year.

Like the Chiefs, we know He's probably not gonna get us a SB Ring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

IMO, Reich and Ballard will want him back. Rivers is far from the reason we lost today. 300+, 2 TDs, great on 3rd down, no INTs, and did that on the road in the playoffs.

It doesn’t need to be opinion on reich.  I just heard his press conference when asked if he wants pr back he did not hesitate and responded positively 3 times. Yeah, yes and yes.  And then said we will see how it plays out. 
 

I haven’t seen a press conference from Ballard yet but as you said after his performance yesterday I don’t see how he won’t be back. 
 

I think rivers  is back in Indy next year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Five dropped passes. Some of those were side open. 

The drop by Hines was going to go for a million yards. I think he was looking ahead instead of focused on the catch first 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We played Detroit....

Rivers QBR          82

Stafford QBR       28

 

I like Stafford, but it's not like he's a no brainer over Rivers, nor is he the most mobile guy which is what some folks are whining about.

As of today and going forward and given all of the roster disparity between the Colts offense and the Lions?

At least for me, it kind of is, though I might be a little more diplomatic if I was wording that sentiment. 

 

And a minor side rant... The QB's job- the thing he needs to be the best at, is throwing the ball. This is why Rivers can be 40 and immobile and play in the NFL. Mobility is cool, but it's not the thing and guys like Kevin Bowen making it almost paramount isn't correct imo. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, colts8718 said:

LOL WOW you would rather have Rivers over Luck ask any Colt fan who no's football' who they would rather have. You must be related to Rivers no other rational explanation 

I'm pointing out that the constant harping on Luck would have done this, and Luck would have done that is asinine.

 

He had more INTs than TDs in his playoff career.  Nobody can guarantee that he would have won yesterday, especially since the QB we did have played great.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, colts8718 said:

LOL WOW you would rather have Rivers over Luck ask any Colt fan who no's football' who they would rather have. You must be related to Rivers no other rational explanation 

luck did choked bad against the chiefs horrible game from him . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

I'm pointing out that the constant harping on Luck would have done this, and Luck would have done that is asinine.

 

He had more INTs than TDs in his playoff career.  Nobody can guarantee that he would have won yesterday, especially since the QB we did have played great.

rivers played amazing yesterday his team let him down .  dropping 8 or 9 passes missing chip shot field goals jumping offsides on 4th down .  colts left 17 points on the board in mistakes . rivers had nothing to do with the lose

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

The drop by Hines was going to go for a million yards. I think he was looking ahead instead of focused on the catch first 

We had something like 450 yards in total offense with those 5 dropped passes.  Taylor was wide open on a couple of big gains.  I don't think we would be sulking today if we caught them.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I wouldn't be upset if Phil retires, bring that cap space. Sign Fitzmagic and let him and Eason battle it out to be the starter.

Hey it's a cheap signing freeing up some money and let's us see if Eason has it and if not at least Fitz is serviceable and can scramble.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

We had something like 450 yards in total offense with those 5 dropped passes.  Taylor was wide open on a couple of big gains.  I don't think we would be sulking today if we caught them.  

Taylor dropped two but neither were for sure 1st downs. Hes a rookie, I think Blankiships FG miss was worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Colts'n'PacersRock said:

Not sure I get your question... But Their starter was out with injury. Rivers wasn't. I don't follow the Saints enough to know if they were using two healthy starters like Rivers and JB were used. 

Saints use Taysom Hill in a similar fashion is my point

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We played Detroit....

Rivers QBR          82

Stafford QBR       28

 

I like Stafford, but it's not like he's a no brainer over Rivers, nor is he the most mobile guy which is what some folks are whining about.

I think he is a no brainer over Rivers.  Those stats do nothing to dissuade me considering the state of the two defenses each was going up against.  He is certainly mobile enough to get the job done and probably be extremely productive for a long time with us.  I would much rather have a pocket QB that is not only protected by a good OL but also all the new rules protecting the QB.  QB's that have to break out and run, whether designed or not, will have a shorter career IMO.  The more you risk yourself the worse your odds.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Hey it's a cheap signing freeing up some money and let's us see if Eason has it and if not at least Fitz is serviceable and can scramble.

That would be a huge step backwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I wouldn't be upset if Phil retires, bring that cap space. Sign Fitzmagic and let him and Eason battle it out to be the starter.

 

The thing about magic is there is quite often a disappearing act. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That would be a huge step backwards.

I agree, but we have a lot of signings to make. We need cap space for Toung guys that we have and will draft. I like Rivers but he isn't winning a superbowl and command a bigger contract. We might have to make a choice to go cheaper on a QB and try Eason out. We may not be as good as this year but we can keep our core talent until we get the right QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

I agree, but we have a lot of signings to make. We need cap space for Toung guys that we have and will draft. I like Rivers but he isn't winning a superbowl and command a bigger contract. We might have to make a choice to go cheaper on a QB and try Eason out. We may not be as good as this year but we can keep our core talent until we get the right QB.

We have Leonard, Nelson, Smith, eventually needing signed. Houston, Rhodes, Hooker, and Walker are free agents. We have big offseason coming that's pivotal to the franchise's future. You could sell out to try to be a pretender contender again or set your self up to be good for years to come.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I agree, but we have a lot of signings to make. We need cap space for Toung guys that we have and will draft. I like Rivers but he isn't winning a superbowl and command a bigger contract. We might have to make a choice to go cheaper on a QB and try Eason out. We may not be as good as this year but we can keep our core talent until we get the right QB.

They would start Eason before bringing him in. Salary cap might be the reason they decide to draft a QB in the first round or go with Eason. Go ahead and start the clock so we can have space to sign more players.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

They would start Eason before bringing him in. Salary cap might be the reason they decide to draft a QB in the first round or go with Eason. Go ahead and start the clock so we can have space to sign more players.  

I like that two just would like to have a guy on standby if we falter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I like that two just would like to have a guy on standby if we falter.

Maybe that is where Jacoby comes in. He won’t cost a ton. To many QB out there.He knows the system. I think having a veteran would be very important if we did decide to go with Eason or a rookie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • w87r changed the title to Rivers fate (Merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...