Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to say, no matter what happens, we are truly lucky that we had Rivers play for us this year. He may not have been the answer, time will tell, but the way he competed, the way he carried h

Rivers no Turnovers, 309 Yards, 2 TD's. We gave this game away. I haven't been this disappointed since losing the SB in 2009. We had them beat, I am sick right now.

Id have zero problem with Phil coming back if Eason isnt ready. We damn sure didnt lose bc of Phil.

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It wasn’t all on  rivers. It was a combination of everyone. Putting all the blame on Reich is dumb.

It is on reich. Don’t challenge a play if you haven’t even reviewed  it yet on the big board or got the call from someone up top to challenge it.. he challenged it without even looking at it.. he went for it on 4th and 4? We lost by 3. This fool actually went for 2pts when we would have been down by 7 if he would kick the extra point lol. I’m blaming Frank

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

I have ZERO interest in Stafford or Wentz coming to Indy. If we don’t manage to somehow snag Rodgers or Watson, then I want Jones in the draft. 

Jones is my top option

31 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

People need to stop judging Mac Jones before he's even played a down in the NFL.

 

The history of bad QBs from Alabama has little value right now. You can say all day that Jones has rock stars around him but he also has several great traits about him.

 

He's not gonna be a QB thats gonna pick up a lot of yards running but he is extremely accurate which i think will be key for him.

 

I honestly think Mac will one of the best in this class 

@Indyfan4life

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Five dropped passes. Some of those were side open. 

Pass catchers drop passers every game. And I hate it.

 

Coaches don't always leave 3 or ground on a 4th and 4, or go for 2 when it's not necessary. Or use their smallest RB instead of their PFF's rook of the year beast.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DiogoSales said:

For me was a close great game.

 

Time/timeout management was not great, that's Reich.

WR/RB dropped passes, that's execution.

 

Other than that, we play a great team with a great QB and Defense played great. Let's move without trying to fire everybody that got us here.

 

WR for me is the weakest group of this team, it was clear  today.

We need to find a game breaking WR. Campbell could of been a difference maker today. All our WR seem to have to be schemed open. We need someone who can just get open on their own.  Really glad to see Doyle still has it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

And add to that, Allen's kicker made a 54 yarder, while ours missed a 33 harder.  That was literally the score difference.

That, or the FG we didn't even take... from 4

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, luv_pony_express said:

Why?  Isn’t that what we rely on our coaches and personnel pros for?

Really? The kid have to plan a game or two before we can make a final decision on him nothing happens on paper

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

We need to find a game breaking WR. Campbell could of been a difference maker today. All our WR seem to have to be schemed open. We need someone who can just get open on their own.  Really glad to see Doyle still has it.

Doyle and MAC just saved us several times, just us our RBs, otherwise this game would get out of hand earlier. 

 

Let's be honest, we have Pittman (still learning) and nothing else trustable

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

dream world. 

 

he was clutch. 

 

he was like 6-9 on third down until late in the game, and they were some big 3rd downs, if he had TOs to work with, he could have done a lot more.

Yeah, not having any time outs really limited play calling in that last drive. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I have ZERO interest in Stafford or Wentz coming to Indy. If we don’t manage to somehow snag Rodgers or Watson, then I want Jones in the draft. 


I get the pass on Wentz. But Stafford? He’d be an elite QB behind this line.

 

No thanks to a rookie QB. Too close to being a SB contender to go with a rook. Can’t waste a year of Buckner, Leonard, Nelson being in their prime.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DiogoSales said:

Doyle and MAC just saved us several times, just us our RBs, otherwise this game would get out of hand earlier. 

 

Let's be honest, we have Pittman (still learning) and nothing else trustable

Pittman seemed to catch a few balls today we haven’t seen this year. I just think he will be a great 2. Just don’t know if he will be that game breaking one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to say, no matter what happens, we are truly lucky that we had Rivers play for us this year. He may not have been the answer, time will tell, but the way he competed, the way he carried himself, and the way he led this team has my eternal gratitude. No matter what Phil, you are a true and bona fide Colt in my book.

Captain America Ok GIF

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheNextGM said:


I get the pass on Wentz. But Stafford? He’d be an elite QB behind this line.

 

No thanks to a rookie QB. Too close to being a SB contender to go with a rook. Can’t waste a year of Buckner, Leonard, Nelson being in their prime.

The only way a rookie would be good is bring Rivers back. Then the new QB could have some plays in games to get experience while adding another dimension.  They could compliment rivers next season. Kind of what Reich wanted to do with Jacoby. Jacoby is just to slow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, StatesmanN said:

Allen won the game because of his scrambling and his ability to throw with RPM/Spin and on the run.

 

There is no GM in the history of the game that would trade Allen for Rivers.  Rivers is a game manager.

 

Period.  He cannot win a game by himself. 

 

And that is all we are talking about.  What gives you the best chance to win the SB.

Plus I have seen 20 years of Rivers.  He is what he is.

Your arguing a false premise. Nobody is saying Allen isn't a better QB currently, or any GM would take Rivers over Allen.

 

What is true today though, is....

1. Rivers had a better QBR than Allen, and did that on the road.

2. Rivers is likely the best option for 2021 Colts (Allen is not an option for the Colts).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Pittman seemed to catch a few balls today we haven’t seen this year. I just think he will be a great 2. Just don’t know if he will be that game breaking one.

 

Agreed, I gave up too early on JT, hope I'm making the same mistake on Pitt, but he does not look like it's going to become our Digg's.

 

Need to find a Kennan Allen for us.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Look we have different opinions. Yes Reich can be better but this was not all on him. Way to many mistakes by everyone.  We also punted a lot even after crossing the 50 so it wasn’t even all red zone.

Step back, look at all the information.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

The 4th and 10 conversion on the final drive was also super clutch.

Folks like @Chloe6124 are like, "what 3rd down (or 4th) conversion"

It's so easy for folks to just overlook how good he was today.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

If Rivers retires 

 

1. Mac Jones

2. Matthew Stafford 

3. Trey Lance

 

Not an option Wentz

Let's hope he doesn't retire.  But if he does, I like your assessment.

 

Wentz should be a big hell no.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastStreet said:

Your arguing a false premise. Nobody is saying Allen isn't a better QB currently, or any GM would take Rivers over Allen.

 

What is true today though, is....

1. Rivers had a better QBR than Allen, and did that on the road.

2. Rivers is likely the best option for 2021 Colts (Allen is not an option for the Colts).

 

 

Can we give like 10 picks for Watson? We would be unstoppable.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:


I get the pass on Wentz. But Stafford? He’d be an elite QB behind this line.

 

No thanks to a rookie QB. Too close to being a SB contender to go with a rook. Can’t waste a year of Buckner, Leonard, Nelson being in their prime.

Stafford is not elite. Megatron bailed him out so many times, and since retirement, he’s not been the same player. I don’t want him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

 

Agreed, I gave up too early on JT, hope I'm making the same mistake on Pitt, but he does not look like it's going to become our Digg's.

 

Need to find a Kennan Allen for us.

I think five we had a QB that  pushed things down the field more TY would probably would still show he has it. We just don’t throw it deep much. We cant rely on Campbell staying healthy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

 

Agreed, I gave up too early on JT, hope I'm making the same mistake on Pitt, but he does not look like it's going to become our Digg's.

 

Need to find a Kennan Allen for us.

We already have a Keenan Allen.   He’s on the team.

 

Rookie Michael Pittman.   He was drafted to fill that spot.  You’ll see more of him next year.   

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Folks like @Chloe6124 are like, "what 3rd down (or 4th) conversion"

It's so easy for folks to just overlook how good he was today.

I never said he was bad. But have to be honest that he does limit us in some ways. I am not blaming this on him. I am saying it was everyone. Everyone contribute to this loss.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Let's hope he doesn't retire.  But if he does, I like your assessment.

 

Wentz should be a big hell no.

It could legitimately destroy the team if Colts went after Wentz this offseason 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We already have a Keenan Allen.   He’s on the team.

 

Rookie Michael Pittman.   He was drafted to fill that spot.  You’ll see more of him next year.   

who

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StatesmanN said:

Does anyone have any confidence in Rivers on the last drive of the game and the Colts need a fg or TD to win or even tie?

 

I don't.

 

And if that is the answer?

 

You need a new qb.

Basically.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

We already have a Keenan Allen.   He’s on the team.

 

Rookie Michael Pittman.   He was drafted to fill that spot.  You’ll see more of him next year.   

Hope you're right, we need a big nr 1 WR.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the schedule next year... 

 

Ballard is gonna have to think this through. I like Rivers all right, he did what I thought he'd do, he played WAY better than JB, but...

 

Stafford would be a serious upgrade, the likes of going from JB to Rivers. You could talk me into that being the safest bet to get better. 

 

We all want the future too, but that's not easy to do.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I never said he was bad. But have to be honest that he does limit us in some ways. I am not blaming this on him. I am saying it was everyone. Everyone contribute to this loss.

 

list all the bad plays and calls. ask yourself which are acceptable in a general game... and tell me who is most culpable. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EastStreet said:

Only want if Diva portion is left behind...

 

Impossible not to be mad at the way the Texans wasted this generation (Watt, Hopkins, Watsons, Mercillus). I can understand the Diva show, it's not like "I want my helmet" stuff.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Looking at the schedule next year... 

 

Ballard is gonna have to think this through. I like Rivers all right, he did what I thought he'd do, he played WAY better than JB, but...

 

Stafford would be a serious upgrade, the likes of going from JB to Rivers. You could talk me into that being the safest bet to get better. 

 

We all want the future too, but that's not easy to do.

We played Detroit....

Rivers QBR          82

Stafford QBR       28

 

I like Stafford, but it's not like he's a no brainer over Rivers, nor is he the most mobile guy which is what some folks are whining about.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Hope you're right, we need a big nr 1 WR.

Well...   he’s nearly 6’4” and weighs 223.  Runs a tick under 4.5.   Runs good routs and has hood hands.

 

Will he ever be Keenan Allen good?   Dunno?

 

But the Colts liked him enough to select him with the 34th overall pick, the 2nd pick in the 2nd round. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DiogoSales said:

 

Impossible not to be mad at the way the Texans wasted this generation (Watt, Hopkins, Watsons, Mercillus). I can understand the Diva show, it's not like "I want my helmet" stuff.. 

Sorry, I don't like the Houston front office, or the divas in the locker room.

 

I'm tired of "I'm special" and "my voice must be head"... stuff.

 

It's football. Go make a play. Entertain your fanbase while you're making 30+M

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

No, the fans need to see.  They know better than the coaches and managers, obviously.

To listen to some, you’d think that was the case.  To heck with the people whose job it is to run the team.  We fans need to decide who plays, who sits, who stays, who goes!

 

I mean, I’d like a chance to see Eason play as much as anybody else.  But it’s not as if he hasn’t been working out and practicing in the sight of our coaches and personnel guys for 8 months or so.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Sorry, I don't like the Houston front office, or the divas in the locker room.

 

I'm tired of "I'm special" and "my voice must be head"... stuff.

 

It's football. Go make a play. Entertain your fanbase while you're making 30+M

There's more to the game than just a big paycheck. Watson wants a SB and won't get it in Houston 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • w87r changed the title to Rivers fate (Merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The Cubs have just looked pathetic this season. Give up a double to a Pitcher. Can't score second and third 1 out. The bullpen is only thing that has looked positive. They will be selling, there is just nothing going for them this season, they just look completely lost.
    • Personally, I like Redtails. It's a nod to the legendary Tuskegee Airmen, so a nice 180 from what was considered to be a derogatory name previously. It's the same length as Redskins, so logo & signage-wise, it's easier. It also fits right in with their current fight song & sayings, so from a fan perspective it works.   It most likely has to do with the capital beltway (I-495) and I'm assuming people that live within it are called "belters". Not the best nickname....
    • My votes counts for absolutely nothing, of course.  But I really don’t like the idea of moving Big Q out to tackle.   I don’t know what kind of LT he would make.  But I do know that he’s almost certainly the best LG in the league.  So we know we’d be losing the best at one position and likely getting an LT who would be something significantly less than the best in the league.   I know it’s not the same thing.  But imagine watching John Stockton perform as one of the best PGs in NBA history and then, because he’s so fantastic and the Jazz decides they need help at SG, moving him there.   Moving Smith over there might make some more sense.  At least he’s a tackle, and a pretty good one.  But LT is a big-time specialty on the O-Line.  And we need to get somebody who has the experience and physical attributes to play that position at a high level....without, hopefully, raiding other positions on our line.
    • @EastStreet   Can we have these added to flash mock 
    • Well, I guess somebody has to be last.   Do I have any draft capital to trade up?
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...