Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers fate (Merge)

danlhart87

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Your not trading for wentz to compete. Not only are you going to have to give up  at least a second  but also pay him 30 million.

If the eagles wanna deal him, they will have to eat a lot of that cap but. And they know it.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, StatesmanN said:

No one blames Rivers for losing.

Just like no one blames Rivers for the 11-5 season.

It is just that today, and the season, is about what he will bring you.  A decent season and a playoff appearance.

Can he win you a SB?  No.

And I think that has been made pretty obvious throughout his career so I am not sure why anyone would expect that to change at at age 40.

So if your cap is a decent season and a playoff appearance?  What good is that?  All you are doing is wasting all of the other good Colts players seasons.

I would rather suck and get a great draft pick or have a qb that you would at least feel gives you a chance to win a SB.

With better coaching, he would have beat the #2 team on the road. 

He had a better QBR than Allen..... 

It's just intellectually dishonest to look at this game, on the road, and act like Rivers doesn't have what it takes. Allen had better coaching, and better WRs, and still almost lost at home.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

It's just intellectually dishonest to look at this game, on the road, and act like Rivers doesn't have what it takes. Allen had better coaching, and better WRs, and still almost lost at home.

Its so easy to point the fingers at one guy but in reality multiple things caused us to lose 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

yeah it’s crazy people say Rivers can’t take them to the SB.  Some bad coaching lead to a deficit.  And some bad coaching cost us 2 timeouts which would’ve made that final drive much different.  

He was very close to beating one of the best teams in the NFL on the road.  If they won, they had a big chance at dethroning KC and any other team they faced. 

I hope he comes back with a full offseason and preseason and JT and Pittman in year 2.  I think the offense will be even better. 

1 hour ago, Colts'n'PacersRock said:

I like Rivers and would not be upset if he came back as the starter next year, but I would not expect to end up deeper in the playoffs. I would also be for him coming back for a year as the #2... But doubt it would happen. 

Jacoby is a great guy, but I wish him well. 

Matt Stafford is an interesting option. Call me weird, but I'd look at Fitzpatrick (is Fitz available?) as a backup if Eason isn't ready. Fitz seems to do good things wherever he goes lately. 

Lastly - someone on here during the season said something that I think makes sense. Excuse my horrible paraphrasing... 

If you need two quarterbacks during the game, you don't have one. 

We do need an upgrade. 

Would you say that about the Saints?

People need to stop judging Mac Jones before he's even played a down in the NFL.

The history of bad QBs from Alabama has little value right now. You can say all day that Jones has rock stars around him but he also has several great traits about him.

He's not gonna be a QB thats gonna pick up a lot of yards running but he is extremely accurate which i think will be key for him.

I honestly think Mac will one of the best in this class 

1 minute ago, SpanosSucks said:

yeah it’s crazy people say Rivers can’t take them to the SB.  Some bad coaching lead to a deficit.  And some bad coaching cost us 2 timeouts which would’ve made that final drive much different.  

He was very close to beating one of the best teams in the NFL on the road.  If they won, they had a big chance at dethroning KC and any other team they faced. 

I hope he comes back with a full offseason and preseason and JT and Pittman in year 2.  I think the offense will be even better. 

There were lots of mistakes today. There always are. Frank just had a lot more than the players. 

I'll take both Rivers and JB back. Throw in TY, Houston, Rhodes, Autry too.

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So tell me, statistically what Rivers did bad. He had a better QBR than Allen. And QBR takes into account a ton of factors. No INTs, 300+ yards, 2 TDs, no INTs. 

so....

save the subjective stuff.

Wow, you're right.  ESPN gave Rivers a 91.9 total QBR today.  He played a hell of a game.  The people blaming him are 100% delusional.

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Somewhere he isn’t quite good enough when we got in bills territory. It’s a combination of things. Need a better weapon or two, dropped passes, and yes some of that is on rivers. This wasn’t all Reich.

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

And add to that, Allen's kicker made a 54 yarder, while ours missed a 33 harder.  That was literally the score difference.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

There were a lot more on the players. 

5 dropped passes

Turay offsides 

Reichs so called mistakes weren’t really mistakes. 

Whaaaaat??? You have to be kidding right? Those are mistakes that you know will happen  in games. Frank’s mistakes should never ever happen.. like ever in games especially in playoffs. 

Just now, tweezy32 said:

Whaaaaat??? You have to be kidding right? Those are mistakes that you know will happen  in games. Frank’s mistakes should never ever happen.. like ever in games especially in playoffs. 

There wasn’t that much wrong going for the fourth. The bad thing was probably the pitch and why Dulin is blocking. Should of just kept pounding it. All I am saying when you look at the game there were many more mistakes by the players.

There wasn’t that much wrong going for the fourth. The bad thing was probably the pitch and why Dulin is blocking. Should of just kept pounding it. All I am saying when you look at the game there were many more mistakes by the players.

You don’t go on for it on 4th and 4.. in the playoffs.. as you can see we ended up losing by 3..

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Allen won the game because of his scrambling and his ability to throw with RPM/Spin and on the run.

There is no GM in the history of the game that would trade Allen for Rivers.  Rivers is a game manager.

Period.  He cannot win a game by himself. 

And that is all we are talking about.  What gives you the best chance to win the SB.

27 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Plus I have seen 20 years of Rivers.  He is what he is.

2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Yes I think his professionalism, his throwing power, his average mobility, and his toughness make him a starter. He was 5-2 with a win over KC before he got injured bad on his knee. After that injury he didn't throw the same the entire year. And then we insert Rivers and we don't get to see Brissett.

Without 7 alot of our drives would've stalled out. Rivers can't throw deep and can't sneak the ball. If that's good enough for a starting gig, I'm sure Brissett will play somewhere. 

Rivers

He was 5-2 and he was also the reason we finished out the season 2-6...

He's not better than Rivers, and you should probably accept that Philip proved you wrong

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Somewhere he isn’t quite good enough when we got in bills territory. It’s a combination of things. Need a better weapon or two, dropped passes, and yes some of that is on rivers. This wasn’t all Reich.

He can't throw the ball with velocity into the endzone where things are way tighter...nor can he run like Allen.

That is why the Colts struggle in the Red zone.  Luck was the opposite.  He could run or throw it with RPMs.

If people can't see this they are just blind.

12 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Wow, you're right.  ESPN gave Rivers a 91.9 total QBR today.  He played a hell of a game.  The people blaming him are 100% delusional.

dream world. 

he was clutch. 

he was like 6-9 on third down until late in the game, and they were some big 3rd downs, if he had TOs to work with, he could have done a lot more.

1 minute ago, StatesmanN said:

He can't throw the ball with velocity into the endzone where things are way tighter...nor can he run like Allen.

That is why the Colts struggle in the Red zone.  Luck was the opposite.  He could run or throw it with RPMs.

If people can't see this they are just blind.

This is why put this game more on rivers. It’s clear  lot of the redzone issues are on rivers. Even with Jacoby we were pretty good last season before he got injured. He is great between the 20’s but just struggles in the red zone. Reich could help him some by putting Hines and Taylor on the field together.

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Just stop... 

Reich forgot about going to bigs in the RZ. Rivers was money on third, had two TDs, and a great QBR. The RZ problems were stupid things like using Hines again up the gut when Taylor is the hottest RB in the league. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is why put this game more on rivers. It’s clear  lot of the redzone issues are on rivers. Even with Jacoby we were pretty good last season before he got injured. He is great between the 20’s but just struggles in the red zone. Reich could help him some by putting Hines and Taylor on the field together.

Insane.

Frank tried to force the run in the red zone too much, that's where the struggles came.  When we passed more, we scored TDs.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Just stop... 

Reich forgot about going to bigs in the RZ. Rivers was money on third, had two TDs, and a great QBR. The RZ problems were stupid things like using Hines again up the gut when Taylor is the hottest RB in the league. 

Look we have different opinions. Yes Reich can be better but this was not all on him. Way to many mistakes by everyone.  We also punted a lot even after crossing the 50 so it wasn’t even all red zone.

Simple crazy people saying that this one is on Rivers. 

Bring him back next year for sure, Eason it's not even a back up, c'mom.

Pass rush, LT, CB and WR, those are the needs.

Only way I would love to see Rivers not back would be because we got Stafford or we trade all our picks for Watson.. 

Just now, DiogoSales said:

Simple crazy people saying that this one way on Rivers. 

Bring him next year for sure, Eason it's not even a back up, c'mom.

Pass rush, LT, CB ano WR, those are the needs.

Only way I would love to see Rivers not back would be because we got Stafford or we trade all our picks for Watson.. 

It wasn’t all on  rivers. It was a combination of everyone. Putting all the blame on Reich is dumb.

It wasn’t all on  rivers. It was a combination of everyone. Putting all the blame on Reich is dumb.

For me was a close great game.

Time/timeout management was not great, that's Reich.

WR/RB dropped passes, that's execution.

Other than that, we play a great team with a great QB and Defense played great. Let's move without trying to fire everybody that got us here.

WR for me is the weakest group of this team, it was clear  today.

Archived