Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

If we can get a guy like Lance and bring rivers back that might be  the best of both worlds. We can run stuff with lance that Reich wanted to with Jacoby. It would give someone like lance some experience then being the starter in 22. 

 

When does Ballard typically do his after season press conference? I love those.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to say, no matter what happens, we are truly lucky that we had Rivers play for us this year. He may not have been the answer, time will tell, but the way he competed, the way he carried h

Rivers no Turnovers, 309 Yards, 2 TD's. We gave this game away. I haven't been this disappointed since losing the SB in 2009. We had them beat, I am sick right now.

Id have zero problem with Phil coming back if Eason isnt ready. We damn sure didnt lose bc of Phil.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My hopes...

 

Rivers back in Indy (unless there is an obvious upgrade)

TY back, but in the slot.

2nd or 3rd round Z if they don't think Campbell can stay healthy

Stand pat at TE.

Resign Mack on a team friendly deal. Keep Wilkins too.

 

I agree..not sure about Mack who I feel sorry for. Achilles is death sentence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we can get a guy like Lance and bring rivers back that might be  the best of both worlds. We can run stuff with lance that Reich wanted to with Jacoby. It would give someone like lance some experience then being the starter in 22. 

 

When does Ballard typically do his after season press conference? I love those.

I would very much like Lance. Red shirt his first year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The team needs to move on to a younger option in 2021 and I expect they will.

 

Wentz makes a ton of sense for the Colts.  The staff connection alone is huge in this league, you cannot overstate the value of a play caller/designer being on the same wavelength as the QB.

 

So my own expectation is they trade for him, let him compete with Eason, and those two provide starter and backup.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, StatesmanN said:

All I can tell you is in SD and throughout his games as a Colt, Rivers has never been known as a closer.

 

In fact in SD they called him a giant choker.

 

Look, I like Rivers.  I do.  But there is not shot in hell that he is going to win a SB for you.

 

So if that is the case?  What are we doing while we have a lot of good players on the team?

 

We are wasting those years.

 

We need:

 

Stafford

Eason

Draft a qb

Wentz


In that order.

The majority of SD does not call him a choker, so you are once again wrong.

 

I pointed out the stats that prove Rivers has closed out many games in his career, and that's your rebuttle?

 

Plus, you also suggest bringing in other veterans who have never won a single playoff game.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think Wilkins needs to leave. We need an upgrade on him.

He's a great 3rd option that is very effective in a zone blocking scheme late in games. He actually showed improvement in YAC and tough running this year. Taylor and Hines should get 95% of reps, so not sure why we need to let him go. Only thought might be a FB, but Taylor showed in the 4Q he is more than capable of getting tough yards. If we want to be forceful, just send a lead blocker like Burton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Do you think Colts bring him back or was this his last game?


I think Rivers chose his own fate. He accepted that high school coaching job if I remember correctly. I think he’s done in the NFL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I agree..not sure about Mack who I feel sorry for. Achilles is death sentence.

I agree it's a tough comeback, but he was never a break away guy. He's patient, and good in the zone read. If he's 90%, he could be a good #3.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ProblChld32 said:


I think Rivers chose his own fate. He accepted that high school coaching job if I remember correctly. I think he’s done in the NFL. 

I read that its his fallback if he retires but no official word yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's a great 3rd option that is very effective in a zone blocking scheme late in games. He actually showed improvement in YAC and tough running this year. Taylor and Hines should get 95% of reps, so not sure why we need to let him go. Only thought might be a FB, but Taylor showed in the 4Q he is more than capable of getting tough yards. If we want to be forceful, just send a lead blocker like Burton.

I didnt see much from him after that Detroit game. Had my hopes up. He hasnt shown he can contribute much if asked to play a more significant role when we need it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ProblChld32 said:


I think Rivers chose his own fate. He accepted that high school coaching job if I remember correctly. I think he’s done in the NFL. 

He was a few plays (or a few bad coaching calls) from beating a top team on the road. IMO, he's still got gas in the tank. Not sure he's ready to pack it in watching him get animated today. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

He was a few plays (or a few bad coaching calls) from beating a top team on the road. IMO, he's still got gas in the tank. Not sure he's ready to pack it in watching him get animated today. 


Only time will tell.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

He was a few plays (or a few bad coaching calls) from beating a top team on the road. IMO, he's still got gas in the tank. Not sure he's ready to pack it in watching him get animated today. 

it will be interesting and will open up so many options if he leaves 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, krunk said:

I didnt see much from him after that Detroit game. Had my hopes up. He hasnt shown he cant contribute much if asked to play a more significant role when we need it.

He played well when asked to. He'll never be a #1, and honestly I don't want him to be. I want a solid #3 that will eat clock late in games that can be an effective zone read guy. If there's an AJ Dillon type available in the 4th-ish, I'll take it though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like Philip, but this is a good season to go out on. He was more than decent throwing for 4,100 yds and relatively few interceptions, and he will be HOF for sure. But I hope he doesn't try to come back and have a very weak season. We need a #1 WR (TY was great for several years but we need a WR that can take the top off the secondary). With a good QB and WR hopefully from free agency, we will have an awesome offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

it will be interesting and will open up so many options if he leaves 

IMO, Reich and Ballard will want him back. Rivers is far from the reason we lost today. 300+, 2 TDs, great on 3rd down, no INTs, and did that on the road in the playoffs.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

The team needs to move on to a younger option in 2021 and I expect they will.

 

Wentz makes a ton of sense for the Colts.  The staff connection alone is huge in this league, you cannot overstate the value of a play caller/designer being on the same wavelength as the QB.

 

So my own expectation is they trade for him, let him compete with Eason, and those two provide starter and backup.

Your not trading for wentz to compete. Not only are you going to have to give up  at least a second  but also pay him 30 million.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

IMO, Reich and Ballard will want him back. Rivers is far from the reason we lost today. 300+, 2 TDs, great on 3rd down, no INTs, and did that on the road in the playoffs.

He certainly wasn't the reason they lost even though several here believe it (not you)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Your not trading for wentz to compete. Not only are you going to have to give up  at least a first but also pay him 30 million.

Wentz would be an awful option IMO 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, danlhart87 said:

He certainly wasn't the reason they lost even though several here believe it (not you)

Anyone blaming Rivers is incredibly silly. He had great stats, but he was even better than his stats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I would very much like Lance. Red shirt his first year. 

I think Lance could be in our range. I see him as needing a year to sit and learn so I don’t see him going super high. I would guess maybe mid first. He might even be in the same situation as Love was last year.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think Lance could be in our range. I see him as needing a year to sit and learn so I don’t see him going super high. I would guess maybe mid first. He might even be in the same situation as Love was last year.  

If Rivers returns

Draft Lance 

If Rivers retires 

Draft Jones

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something else to keep a eye on. They are seriously talking about canceling the combine. I don’t know how that could change how we draft.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

If Rivers returns

Draft Lance 

If Rivers retires 

Draft Jones

I am not touching Alabama QB.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Something else to keep a eye on. They are seriously talking about canceling the combine. I don’t know how that could change how we draft.

 I'm really hoping 21 season is better cause no preseason really effected teams 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Anyone blaming Rivers is incredibly silly. He had great stats, but he was even better than his stats.

No one blames Rivers for losing.

 

Just like no one blames Rivers for the 11-5 season.

 

It is just that today, and the season, is about what he will bring you.  A decent season and a playoff appearance.

 

Can he win you a SB?  No.

 

And I think that has been made pretty obvious throughout his career so I am not sure why anyone would expect that to change at at age 40.

 

So if your cap is a decent season and a playoff appearance?  What good is that?  All you are doing is wasting all of the other good Colts players seasons.

 

I would rather suck and get a great draft pick or have a qb that you would at least feel gives you a chance to win a SB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

 I'm really hoping 21 season is better cause no preseason really effected teams 

If they do they are going to have to allow teams to bring in players for workouts and testing. Hopefully by spring players will be able to get vaccinated so they don’t have to do all this testing next season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StatesmanN said:

No one blames Rivers for losing.

 

Just like no one blames Rivers for the 11-5 season.

 

It is just that today, and the season, is about what he will bring you.  A decent season and a playoff appearance.

 

Can he win you a SB?  No.

 

And I think that has been made pretty obvious throughout his career so I am not sure why anyone would expect that to change at at age 40.

 

So if your cap is a decent season and a playoff appearance?  What good is that?  All you are doing is wasting all of the other good Colts players seasons.

 

I would rather suck and get a great draft pick or have a qb that you would at least feel gives you a chance to win a SB.

Colts can bring Rivers back and draft QB for next year

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StatesmanN said:

No one blames Rivers for losing.

 

Just like no one blames Rivers for the 11-5 season.

 

It is just that today, and the season, is about what he will bring you.  A decent season and a playoff appearance.

 

Can he win you a SB?  No.

 

And I think that has been made pretty obvious throughout his career so I am not sure why anyone would expect that to change at at age 40.

 

So if your cap is a decent season and a playoff appearance?  What good is that?  All you are doing is wasting all of the other good Colts players seasons.

 

I would rather suck and get a great draft pick or have a qb that you would at least feel gives you a chance to win a SB.

The question is not that. It’s who do you replace him with. No one thinks he is the long term guy. But you better be certain if you decide not to bring him back that you have the guy. The team made huge strides this year. We all know rivers has a ceiling but until we find the one to get us over the hump we might be stuck with him a year. Plus who is to say adding another weapon or two might help him next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts can bring Rivers back and draft QB for next year

They just did that.

 

IF they bring back Rivers the chances of them winning the SB are .000001%.

 

So why? 

 

Build and play for the future or to win a SB.  Not to finish 11-5 .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

The question is not that. It’s who do you replace him with. No one thinks he is the long term guy. But you better be certain if you decide not to bring him back that you have the guy. The team made huge strides this year. We all know rivers has a ceiling but until we find the one to get us over the hump we might be stuck with him a year. Plus who is to say adding another weapon or two might help him next season.

Stafford

Eason

New Qb in the draft

Wentz

 

In that order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StatesmanN said:

They just did that.

 

IF they bring back Rivers the chances of them winning the SB are .000001%.

 

So why? 

 

Build and play for the future.  Not to finish 11-5 .

The issue here is it wasn't Rivers fault they lost today. There was questionable coaching decisions and Colts left points on the board. Phil played well enough to win. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StatesmanN said:

Stafford

Eason

New Qb in the draft

Wentz

 

In that order.

If Rivers retires 

 

1. Mac Jones

2. Matthew Stafford 

3. Trey Lance

 

Not an option Wentz

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • w87r changed the title to Rivers fate (Merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Every year Ballard does a film session with the media showing them  film why they drafted the players they did. Here are some notes. As they write their stories I will post them here.    
    • Darius Leonard didn't sign his contract until July 23d. It's alright, folks. With the new CBA there is nothing that can really happen. Sooner or later the contract will get signed. 
    • People here don’t complain about the process, because people here don’t know the process.   Almost no one here does.    People here complain about the outcome, especially if it disagrees with their opinion.     So, for example, people here hated LaRaven Clark.   A few seasons back, Clarke had to play a fair amount for the Colts in the first month.   PFF gave him a passing grade, I think in the 60’s after the first quarter.  People here went nuts.   The team was struggling and Clarke was the designated person to blame.   By the end of the season, Clarke’s grade was lower, but that didn’t matter.  Once people here decide something is bad, it’s incredibly hard to change hearts and minds.    When Chip Kelly was the Eagles coach for two years, he HATED pff.   When he got fired, he accepted an invitation to visit and see what they do.   Kelly was so impressed that he became an investor.  Cris Collinsworth too.    It’s my understanding each game, is graded three different times by three different people and none of them knows what the others have done.     They’re not perfect.   I think their NFL grading is better than some of their college work.  But overall, I think they’re helpful.  Very helpful. 
    • So I know most expect mack to be gone what if he still decides to come back  even after this year ? I feel like a lot keep discrediting how good he was before Jt lol his vision is still better I’d assume between the two 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...