Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to say, no matter what happens, we are truly lucky that we had Rivers play for us this year. He may not have been the answer, time will tell, but the way he competed, the way he carried h

Rivers no Turnovers, 309 Yards, 2 TD's. We gave this game away. I haven't been this disappointed since losing the SB in 2009. We had them beat, I am sick right now.

Id have zero problem with Phil coming back if Eason isnt ready. We damn sure didnt lose bc of Phil.

51 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I could also see him starting for WAS, CAR, NE, NO, (could backup TB12 in tampa as well) I mean the dude is gonna get his shot. I'm sure of it. 

 

What did you see about Jacoby's play last year that makes you so confident that he is a starting QB? Is he any different than Matt Moore, Chase Daniels, Tyrod Taylor, etc. Rivers played so much better, yet you are so critical of him but praise Jacoby. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

 

What did you see about Jacoby's play last year that makes you so confident that he is a starting QB? Is he any different than Matt Moore, Chase Daniels, Tyrod Taylor, etc. Rivers played so much better, yet you are so critical of him but praise Jacoby. 

Yes I think his professionalism, his throwing power, his average mobility, and his toughness make him a starter. He was 5-2 with a win over KC before he got injured bad on his knee. After that injury he didn't throw the same the entire year. And then we insert Rivers and we don't get to see Brissett.

 

Without 7 alot of our drives would've stalled out. Rivers can't throw deep and can't sneak the ball. If that's good enough for a starting gig, I'm sure Brissett will play somewhere. 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Who 

Rivers

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AustinnKaine said:

Yes I think his professionalism, his throwing power, his average mobility, and his toughness make him a starter. He was 5-2 with a win over KC before he got injured bad on his knee. After that injury he didn't throw the same the entire year. And then we insert Rivers and we don't get to see Brissett.

 

Without 7 alot of our drives would've stalled out. Rivers can't throw deep and can't sneak the ball. If that's good enough for a starting gig, I'm sure Brissett will play somewhere. 

Rivers

He seemed emotional

I'm thinking he retires now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the problem is i dont know if rivers would look better with a better group at wr.  Put a true number 1 in the offense i think rivers looks better .  I really wanna see if eason has got what it takes but rivers is coming back .  Eason will move up to second string and colts will have a better look at him taking all the snaps going against the defense all year like jacoby was doing . plus we can see him playing preseason next year.

Rivers does not have the RMP/spin to utilize a true #1 WR so imo with Rivers as QB you are severely limiting your offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think "great" is stretching it. The Hail mary pass displayed his noodle arm fully. 

Then that’s on the coaching staff to know his maximum throwing distance. They should have brought in Brissett to throw the final Hail Mary pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Mac Jones

how would he know that 

It also goes against what Rivers himself said. He said it was Indy next year or retirement. Which is exactly why JB wasn’t brought in to throw the Hail Mary. You let the gunslinger take one last shot, especially since it was a low percentage shot anyway even if JB threw it

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's weird how the young, mobile, and talented Josh Allen led his team to the same number of TDs as Rivers today.

 

Only reason Allen won is that his kicker didn't miss and his coach didn't leave points on the board.  But some of you on here act like Rivers was our downfall today.  Unbelievable.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Rivers and would not be upset if he came back as the starter next year, but I would not expect to end up deeper in the playoffs. I would also be for him coming back for a year as the #2... But doubt it would happen. 

 

Jacoby is a great guy, but I wish him well. 

 

Matt Stafford is an interesting option. Call me weird, but I'd look at Fitzpatrick (is Fitz available?) as a backup if Eason isn't ready. Fitz seems to do good things wherever he goes lately. 

 

Lastly - someone on here during the season said something that I think makes sense. Excuse my horrible paraphrasing... 

 

If you need two quarterbacks during the game, you don't have one. 

 

We do need an upgrade. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colts'n'PacersRock said:

I like Rivers and would not be upset if he came back as the starter next year, but I would not expect to end up deeper in the playoffs. I would also be for him coming back for a year as the #2... But doubt it would happen. 

 

Jacoby is a great guy, but I wish him well. 

 

Matt Stafford is an interesting option. Call me weird, but I'd look at Fitzpatrick (is Fitz available?) as a backup if Eason isn't ready. Fitz seems to do good things wherever he goes lately. 

 

Lastly - someone on here during the season said something that I think makes sense. Excuse my horrible paraphrasing... 

 

If you need two quarterbacks during the game, you don't have one. 

 

We do need an upgrade. 

Welcome to the forum 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StatesmanN said:

Does anyone have any confidence in Rivers on the last drive of the game and the Colts need a fg or TD to win or even tie?

 

I don't.

 

And if that is the answer?

 

You need a new qb.

I did.  I'd bet all the players and coaches did too.

 

Your jaded opinion doesn't really mean anything.  Rivers did his job today.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

Imagine Luck with our offense we would still be playing next week, but then again we would d be on a buy I can dream it might ease my pain:hissy:

Would we?  Luck was terrible in the playoffs.  Probably would have thrown 3 picks today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DontEverGiveUp said:

I did.  I'd bet all the players and coaches did too.

 

Your jaded opinion doesn't really mean anything.  Rivers did his job today.

Agreed. This 'you have to be perfect all the time' stuff is too much. Nobody here is perfect at their jobs ALL THE TIME.

 

Plenty of small mistakes were our downfall today.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

I did.  I'd bet all the players and coaches did too.

 

Your jaded opinion doesn't really mean anything.  Rivers did his job today.

Why?  He has never done that throughout his career and I don't believe he has done it once this year for the Colts.

 

Today again.

 

Not sure why you say that.

 

Give me proof that he is a closer?  Because the stats don't back that up.

 

And he can't move and extend plays.

 

And he has no spin/RPM/velocity on his balls.

 

Those are 3 things that make a top qb.  Rivers has none.

3 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Would we?  Luck was terrible in the playoffs.  Probably would have thrown 3 picks today.

Now that I agree with.  Luck was nothing special in the playoffs other than the KC comeback game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

WR isn't even a top 5 need on team 

You are right, it’s top 2 need. TY doesn’t look like the number 1 he has always been. His play this season is about on par with a solid #2. Pittman played well in spurts but didn’t show enough to be considered a #1. WR usually takes 2-3 years though so he might be able to jump up next year. Every team above the colts minus the ravens have a clear #1 WR and for most another top WR or TE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Would we?  Luck was terrible in the playoffs.  Probably would have thrown 3 picks today.

Luck was usually pretty good in the first game of the playoffs. Everything after that he would stink

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StatesmanN said:

Why?  He has never done that throughout his career and I don't believe he has done it once this year for the Colts.

 

Today again.

 

Not sure why you say that.

 

Give me proof that he is a closer?  Because the stats don't back that up.

 

And he can't move and extend plays.

 

And he has no spin/RPM/velocity on his balls.

 

Those are 3 things that make a top qb.  Rivers has none.

Now that I agree with.  Luck was nothing special in the playoffs other than the KC comeback game.

I posted this before, and they even mentioned it during the broadcast today:

 

Rivers is 6th all time in game winning drives and 10th in 4th quarter comebacks.  That is the proof.

 

Heck, he did it 3 weeks ago in the Houston game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Krushinator said:

You are right, it’s top 2 need. TY doesn’t look like the number 1 he has always been. His play this season is about on par with a solid #2. Pittman played well in spurts but didn’t show enough to be considered a #1. WR usually takes 2-3 years though so he might be able to jump up next year. Every team above the colts minus the ravens have a clear #1 WR and for most another top WR or TE.

Pittman reminds me a lot Keenan Allen.  Not super fast but reliable and if he learns like Allen, could be really good.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil put up enough points and gave us time of possession just like we needed. His team mates let him down with untimely drops, jumping offsides at a very crucial situation in the game, a missed field goal, and a coach who made head scratching aggressive calls when we maybe didnt need them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

I posted this before, and they even mentioned it during the broadcast today:

 

Rivers is 6th all time in game winning drives and 10th in 4th quarter comebacks.  That is the proof.

 

Heck, he did it 3 weeks ago in the Houston game.

All I can tell you is in SD and throughout his games as a Colt, Rivers has never been known as a closer.

 

In fact in SD they called him a giant choker.

 

Look, I like Rivers.  I do.  But there is not shot in hell that he is going to win a SB for you.

 

So if that is the case?  What are we doing while we have a lot of good players on the team?

 

We are wasting those years.

 

We need:

 

Stafford

Eason

Draft a qb

Wentz


In that order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StatesmanN said:

All I can tell you is in SD and throughout his games as a Colt, Rivers has never been known as a closer.

 

In fact in SD they called him a giant choker.

 

Look, I like Rivers.  I do.  But there is not shot in hell that he is going to win a SB for you.

 

So if that is the case?  What are we doing while we have a lot of good players on the team?

 

We are wasting those years.

 

We need:

 

Stafford

Eason

Draft a qb

Wentz


In that order.

What Superbowl has Stafford won? Hell im not even sure if hes won a playoff game yet. Maybe one. And Wentz is riding pine right now.  As if you cant draft another QB with Phil here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you just see how a 42 year old Tom Brady threw a dart to Godwin from 20 yards?

 

RPM and spin?

 

Rivers can't do that.

 

Hate to say this but if the Colts had signed Brady they finish probably 13-3 and are Sb Favs.

 

Ballard blew it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, krunk said:

What Superbowl has Stafford won? Hell im not even sure if hes won a playoff game yet. Maybe one. And Wentz is riding pine right now.  As if you cant draft another QB with Phil here.

I am originally from MI.  For 40 years I had to grow up listening to how bad the Lions are.

 

Now live in S Cal.

 

If you think the Colts or Chargers are bad?

 

The Lions are the worst, most jinxed, losingest team in history.

 

Stafford on a team like the Colts would THRIVE.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Krushinator said:

You are right, it’s top 2 need. TY doesn’t look like the number 1 he has always been. His play this season is about on par with a solid #2. Pittman played well in spurts but didn’t show enough to be considered a #1. WR usually takes 2-3 years though so he might be able to jump up next year. Every team above the colts minus the ravens have a clear #1 WR and for most another top WR or TE.

Gotta disagree 

Colts should draft mid rounder and thats it 

I expect TY back 2 year

 

Just now, StatesmanN said:

I am originally from MI.  For 40 years I had to grow up listening to how bad the Lions are.

 

Now live in S Cal.

 

If you think the Colts or Chargers are bad?

 

The Lions are the worst, most jinxed, losingest team in history.

 

Stafford on a team like the Colts would THRIVE.

Any QB could rock behind this line

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StatesmanN said:

I am originally from MI.  For 40 years I had to grow up listening to how bad the Lions are.

 

Now live in S Cal.

 

If you think the Colts or Chargers are bad?

 

The Lions are the worst, most jinxed, losingest team in history.

 

Stafford on a team like the Colts would THRIVE.

Yeah everybody says stuff like that looking from the outside. Stafford would do well here but that isnt going to just turn him into some kind of closer when he hasnt been. Plus he stays hurt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My hopes...

 

Rivers back in Indy (unless there is an obvious upgrade)

TY back, but in the slot.

2nd or 3rd round Z if they don't think Campbell can stay healthy

Stand pat at TE.

Resign Mack on a team friendly deal. Keep Wilkins too.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

yeah he's done. when you can't throw a hail mary pass anymore it's over. 

But you are ignoring the one he threw right before that to Doyle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, StatesmanN said:

Did you just see how a 42 year old Tom Brady threw a dart to Godwin from 20 yards?

 

RPM and spin?

 

Rivers can't do that.

 

Hate to say this but if the Colts had signed Brady they finish probably 13-3 and are Sb Favs.

 

Ballard blew it.

Bull. What about the other games this year when all the commentators speculated Brady was finished? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My hopes...

 

Rivers back in Indy (unless there is an obvious upgrade)

TY back, but in the slot.

2nd or 3rd round Z if they don't think Campbell can stay healthy

Stand pat at TE.

Resign Mack on a team friendly deal. Keep Wilkins too.

 

I think Wilkins needs to leave. We need an upgrade on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • w87r changed the title to Rivers fate (Merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I do not know. I'm not a GM, and don't try to play one on teh interwebs. ;)   This is what I do know-   Chris Ballard, Frank Reich and the assistant coaches knows a lot more about the abilities and skills and their fit of players on the roster than I do. The Pro Player scouting department knows a lot more about the same information concerning Free Agents and potential cut or for trade players than I do.  The Team physician, athletic trainers and medical staff know a lot more about roster health and the health and prognosis of our draft class and potential Free Agents on the radar than I do.   I would want to know everything that our teams Director of Player Personnel and the Director of the Pro Scouting department has on Free Agent tackles and how (much) and what areas are they better than any current player(s) on the team, and how their skill set better fits in with the team playbook that will be installed.   For injured free agents, I'd want full medical details. I'd want my team physician to examine and evaluate the player thoroughly, and have access to discuss in detail with their doctors and view their reports on procedures,treatments, and progress notes.  And I would be in frequent conversations with the owner and head coach about their input on the data that is collected.    Then hopefully make the best, rational decisions (or non-decisions) possible, maybe (hopefully) even one involving the salary capologist's assistance at some point, if necessary. Like Ballard, work diligently and smart, and avoiding the “living in a desperate world” scenario. And it's not about 'who' gets it right, it's just plain about getting it right.   What would you do?    
    • Im a bit curious on some thoughts about our big bodies. Do you all think it is absolutley necessary that these guys can nail every route on the tree? From what I gather its mostly about that. Would think having the size advabtage could negate some of that. Isnt that kinda the point? Contested or arrant throws happen on the perfect ran routes also. Seems we have a bit of trouble getting these guys on the field and producing.
    • I just watched the only tape available on Strachan online - vs West Virginia State. To be fair this seems like it was his worst game of the season, but he didn't impress me much. The CBs that cover him seem tiny and he cannot beat their press-man off the LOS. He gets jammed and his routes interrupted by physically playing defenders. There are several cases where he beats press-man, but it's mostly because of his superior athleticism rather than skill. He is a willing and physical blocker. Runs very limited route tree(mostly go routes and slants). He had some success on the move when he could release uninterrupted and the defender didn't have a chance to put his hands on him, but overall I would say he seems like a serious project.  Right now I cannot see him getting on an NFL roster. IMO it's very likely Ballard will try to sneak him on the practice squad unless he takes a big stept this off-season.     From his highlights tape - he seems pretty athletic against that competition. He does outrun defenders. He has good ballskils - tracks the ball well, catches it securely outside his frame, fights for it and attacks it in the air. You can see the appeal. I just am not sure he will ever be able to beat press-man and get open against NFL level defenders. People above compared him to DK Metcalf but Metcalf is a monster against press-man. He doesn't let defenders put a hand on him... he just overwhelms them with physicality and when they don't try to jam him, he is fast enough to outrun them.    My prediction for him is PS in 2021. 
    • Colts and Vikings family mothers.   @Nadine @NFLfan @DEColtsLover36 @Wentzszn     I know there are more, hope you have a great day, come claim your flowers.  
    • They are trying on the LT spot   I think CB gets the problem   I highly doubt that Tevi is considered the answer
  • Members

    • Franklin County

      Franklin County 80

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • RollerColt

      RollerColt 2,779

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtMan

      ColtMan 3

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dingus McGirt

      Dingus McGirt 1,662

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mr.NotSoCreative

      Mr.NotSoCreative 281

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tate

      tate 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Misty_B

      Misty_B 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 1,141

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coltsfan1953

      Coltsfan1953 121

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TheNextGM

      TheNextGM 353

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...