Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers fate (Merge)

danlhart87

2 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

Move on.

There will be some good options available..

Stafford, Darnold, Rodgers, Trubisky, who knows what teams might do.

Rodgers? Why on earth would GB trade the league MVP? He's been durable the past few years. And an elite QB. He's only 37. I could see him playing into his 40's like Brees and Brady.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AustinnKaine said:

He's been talked about a lot as a trade option. A lot of Lions insiders and reporters are suggesting the Lions move on from him. Kinda similar to the Matt Ryan situation. 

If Rivers retires im ok sending 1 for Stafford. If they want more hang up and draft QB.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's the way we lost, I just felt like we gave it away. I thought we outplayed them. I hate the season is over. I feel bad for Phil because I thought he played well. I feel bad for our team. Great group of guys. Fun season.

It’s not the players that gave it away. That’s why I absolutely hate this loss

Just now, danlhart87 said:

If Rivers retires im ok sending 1 for Stafford. If they want more hang up and draft QB.

Yeah I do not want to overpay for him. I don't know why, but I honestly have a good feeling about Eason. His arm talent is underrated. 

5 minutes ago, tucky89 said:

Question is. Who is the alternative?

We were spoiled by great QB play for like 20 years.

Now we are seeing what it's like to be most other franchises without a QB.

Sure, the question of the alternative is challenging. But I would prefer a younger and more mobile qb. 

I don't think you should stick with a 38 year old qb whos play is clearly declining and you know tjat he won't be good enough to win it all. 

I would rather take a shot at a younger qb. If hes not good enough, ok.... Move on.... nothing lost:headspin:

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If that happens Eason will be 3 again cause there's no way Brissett is starter 

I don't know, it seems to be the unpopular opinion around here but I think the team values 7 more than we do, by a lot.

No to Stafford & Ryan type QB's. And no to Brissett. We know what these guys are. They aren't terrible. But they aren't game changers.

I want us to either draft a QB or start Eason next season. Worst case scenario is Eason sucks and we draft high in 2022.

11 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If Rivers retires im ok sending 1 for Stafford. 

i'd be on board with it, but dont see why they would take that.  they dont need to trade him

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I don't know, it seems to be the unpopular opinion around here but I think the team values 7 more than we do, by a lot.

i would hate that, we watched two seasons of him already

2 minutes ago, ColtsGermany said:

Sure, the question of the alternative is challenging. But I would prefer a younger and more mobile qb. 

I don't think you should stick with a 38 year old qb whos play is clearly declining and you know tjat he won't be good enough to win it all. 

I would rather take a shot at a younger qb. If hes not good enough, ok.... Move on.... nothing lost:headspin:

I agree. I was just wondering if anyone could offer names.

Personally I'm in favor of starting Eason next year. Or drafting a QB this year. If we suck next year at least we know who the answer isn't.

No band aids like 28-3 Ryan or Stafford. No Brissett.

We know these guys. They are what they are. All are either old, limited, or just meh.

I don't want to be stuck in the middle. That team that might contend for a postseason spot. But doesn't have a legit SB shot. And is drafting in the middle.

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

If we want another season like this year, then bring Rivers back. I think he’s played “decent” enough but not sure if he can take us the distance. I think fans want to see Eason. But if he’s not ready we’re going to need to sign a FA Vet and it could be Rivers again. 

That’s the correct answer. 

I think Rivers taking that Hail Mary play (when everyone knows JB has the better arm) means that was his last play. 

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Who is that in your profile pic?

Mac Jones

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Probably means nothing but thought it was worth noting, Terry Bradshaw said he’s hearing Rivers is done in Indy but could keep playing.

how would he know that 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

He could start in Cincy cause it appears Burrow might be out til 22

I could also see him starting for WAS, CAR, NE, NO, (could backup TB12 in tampa as well) I mean the dude is gonna get his shot. I'm sure of it. 

Archived