Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers fate (Merge)

danlhart87

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Do you think Colts bring him back or was this his last game?

I think they bring him back and he will look like peyton Manning in his last year.

I think his lack of arm strength and accuracy on intermediate/deep passes was shown on that last drive, which with 2:40 left should of been a lot better, although I honestly believe our run game kept us in the game despite Rivers with those large runs.

I know I do not have a popular opinion lol

• Like 5

Rivers played as well as we could have expected this year. Interestingly, it wasn’t the huge INTs that he’s known for that cost us, it was the 4-5 just flat out misses he has per game. Today, he overthrew Pittman in the end zone on 4th down and then, down 17-10, he missed Pittman on that crosser that was a sure first down and maybe a TD. You can’t win a ring with Rivers. You could prob win 10-11 games again. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Do you think Colts bring him back or was this his last game?

He is not the answer the colts just dont have a chance to win a ring with him.   I was against bringing him in for that reason i knew he would get us to the playoffs and we would lose right away .  i rather have jacoby get us a top ten pick then trade up for a franchise guy .  i would rather waste one season if it means being a contender for 15 years . luck hurt this team bad by retiring so quick the colts are in a bad spot .

• Like 3

Rivers can't move and throws with no spin and no velocity.  He couldn't even make that end of game Hail Mary to the endzone.

In contrast Allen completed numerous passes that Rivers never could have, including many while running to the sidelines.

Rivers can get you to the playoffs.  He will never win you a SB,  You need the ability to run and RPMs/spin from a qb.

Rivers has neither.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I think they bring him back and he will look like peyton Manning in his last year.

I think his lack of arm strength and accuracy on intermediate/deep passes was shown on that last drive, which with 2:40 left should of been a lot better, although I honestly believe our run game kept us in the game despite Rivers with those large runs.

I know I do not have a popular opinion lol

I have a feeling he might retire actually im probably wrong 

• Like 1

Just now, StatesmanN said:

Rivers can't move and throws with no spin and no velocity.  He couldn't even make that end of game Hail Mary to the endzone.

In contrast Allen completed numerous passes that Rivers never could have, including many while running to the sidelines.

Rivers can get you to the playoffs.  He will never win you a SB,  You need the ability to run and RPMs/spin from a qb.

Rivers has neither.

Allen is a lot younger so of course he will have the better arm 

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

He is not the answer the colts just dont have a chance to win a ring with him.   I was against bringing him in for that reason i knew he would get us to the playoffs and we would lose right away .  i rather have jacoby get us a top ten pick then trade up for a franchise guy .  i would rather waste one season if it means being a contender for 15 years . luck hurt this team bad by retiring so quick the colts are in a bad spot .

People need to get over Luck leaving

Its done and over with 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Bringing back Rivers is a safe fallback option we have. We have to trade Jacoby. I LOVE what he brings to this team as a character but We need Eason to be the backup. I'd also see what it would take to move up to a position to get Fields. If we can't get Fields and Eason doesn't pan out, I'd rather stick with Rivers than go to Wentz or even Stafford.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Allen is a lot younger so of course he will have the better arm 

Allen probably has the strongest arm in the league but Tom Brady is older with a better arm than Rivers 

• Like 2

this offseason is gonna be lit if rivers retires 

1 minute ago, bestQBever said:

I think Bringing back Rivers is a safe fallback option we have. We have to trade Jacoby. I LOVE what he brings to this team as a character but We need Eason to be the backup. I'd also see what it would take to move up to a position to get Fields. If we can't get Fields and Eason doesn't pan out, I'd rather stick with Rivers than go to Wentz or even Stafford.

Jacoby and Phil are FA

• Like 1

I dont100% agree that Rivers was the problem! Its the Coaching! Rivers does have a noodle arm, but he did prove that he can make a tough throw15-25yds down the field! He does have blame in the play calling! He can check to a different play based on what the D is doing, but those checkdowns are nonsense reich calls that dont do a danm thing! We need to rid of the danm wr/rb/te screen plays on 2nd And long! Only Hines needs to run those and not slow players like Burton! 

4 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

He wont get any better.  I could go either way but I'd prefer starting fresh.  

^This

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Doesn't Phil have a coaching job lined up in Alabama 

Yeah he has a deal to be a HC with a high school once he retires

Phil is a likable guy and a decent qb but not top drawer and probably not good enough to win us a Super Bowl. I think we should move onto the next chapter, although I appreciate what he did for the team this season.

• Like 1

If we want another season like this year, then bring Rivers back. I think he’s played “decent” enough but not sure if he can take us the distance. I think fans want to see Eason. But if he’s not ready we’re going to need to sign a FA Vet and it could be Rivers again. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers no Turnovers, 309 Yards, 2 TD's. We gave this game away. I haven't been this disappointed since losing the SB in 2009. We had them beat, I am sick right now.

Its ok my friend 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers no Turnovers, 309 Yards, 2 TD's. We gave this game away. I haven't been this disappointed since losing the SB in 2009. We had them beat, I am sick right now.

Good thing I don’t get my hopes up anymore. I’d be devastated right now. Colts should’ve won that game

• Like 2

• w87r changed the title to Rivers fate (Merge)