Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich Coaching Decisions Post-game Takes(Mega Merge)

EastStreet

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A missed FG cost us the game. We put up 24 on a damn good defense and kept the most explosive offense to below 30. 

Hindsight is 20/20. If we had made both 2pt Convs and conveyed the 4th downs then Reich is amazing. If we don’t then he’s stupid

We lost a heartbreaker to the better team on the day.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Bad play calling. Bad decisions in the RZ. Bad use of time outs which kept us from running any real offense in that last drive.... 

I agree. With all the great HC candidates still, I would fire him and hire someone else. We should of won this game relatively easily.

Nah % happens in games.. frank is the lone reason why we lost.. yeah here and there there is other stuff that could have went our way but frank decides to go for it on 4th and 4.. and call a challenge that was clearly down those two right there were terrible

• SteelCityColt changed the title to Reich Coaching Decisions vs Bills Reactions (MEGAMERGE)

Warning: Will be ranting so if you’re a homer close your eyes.

First of all Frank Reich are you serious? Hated the 2pt try, hated that weak * toss play to Taylor on the goal line and don’t get me started on that challenge call.

Corners are so bad - correction.. TJ Carrie was pathetic, Cole Beasley out there with 1 leg doing whatever he wanted! Diggs doing whatever he wanted!

Anthony Walker - Yuck

Respect the Specs? Yeah miss me with that one! Pathetic!

Shouldnt have even been in the game ZP got blessed by the refs at the end.

Reich and Rivers both need to go.

Reich would be a fine OC but as a coach he makes terrible decisions.  Those lost 3 points be paramount.

Rivers can't move and throws with no spin and no velocity.  He couldn't even make that end of game Hail Mary to the endzone.

In contrast Allen completed numerous passes that Rivers never could have, including many while running to the sidelines.

3 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Missed field goals. 
Turay off sides gifting them. 
Too many drops. 
Ref bad call, clearly toes out of bounds. 
Reich too aggressive on 4th down. 

this is why i was worried about practicing one time this week .  the players missed passes all game were rusty . i am a fan of resting the veterans but the young players needed practice .

Just now, MarquisJ said:

Warning: Will be ranting so if you’re a homer close your eyes.

First of all Frank Reich are you serious? Hated the 2pt try, hated that weak * toss play to Taylor on the goal line and don’t get me started on that challenge call.

Corners are so bad - correction.. TJ Carrie was pathetic, Cole Beasley out there with 1 leg doing whatever he wanted! Diggs doing whatever he wanted!

Anthony Walker - Yuck

Respect the Specs? Yeah miss me with that one! Pathetic!

Shouldnt have even been in the game ZP got blessed by the refs at the end.

yeah focus this offseason should be CB #1, left tackle #2, anthony walker replacement #3, possibly a QB replacement IF the right opportunity arises. It's obvious that this NFL requires a mobile QB. The way too ideal offseason looks like this: Get Gilmore for a mid rd pick, sign an edge rusher in FA, and then finally... give up our first, a second, and a future 1st/ whatever it takes to move up in the draft and grab justin fields

Frank needs to go. 0/3 on crucial coaching moments. The players did their jobs so well and he thought he was smarter than the game of football. When you have the chance to take points against the 2nd most potent and explosive offense in the NFL, you take points. You don’t make stupid, stupid, unadvised challenges. And, you let brissett sling it 60 yards instead of rivers, who probably suffered a hernia during that throw. Not coaching to win. Coaching with an ego. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

With your attitude, you as a Colts fan deserved to lose this game and not make the playoffs for the forseeable future if you like Reich. Anyone who still wants to keep Reich after this game I include in this. Not personal, just the truth.

Go for a walk man

So much stuff that was in our control went against us.

- Play calling at the end of the first half

- Missed field goal

- Pointless challenge taking a time out away

- Turay's offside

- Opportunity to pick up the fumble

- Rivers throwing those couple of passes away at the end.

A couple of those go our way and it's probably a different result. Generally played well but those details NEED to be tightened up and there's going to be a lot of scrutiny on Reich.

We got a hell of a break with Pascal's relatively obvious fumble and still couldn't make the most of it.

Everybody needs to calm down. 

There were several things that cost us the game. Sure, play calling was the biggest factor. But the flag on turay, the drops by our rb's were killers, too. 

But anyways... FR needs to overthink his play calling. 

And PR should retire.... His throwing motion looks horrible. As an NFL QB you should be able to throw the ball at least 50 yards... 

Archived