Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wildcard Weekend: Colts @ Bills, Jan. 9, 2021, 1:05 PM EST

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No expectations! Playing with house money, hoping to stay competitive! This could be our last gameday together fam, let's enjoy this!    Let's Go Indy!!

Feed the Beast   And let this beast eat   Let the Maniac roam wild   Let the Rivers flow   Q serving up pancakes for lun

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

For all those people who get mad at Teich when he doesn't run more. U watching Buffalo? Thats what a lot of teams do against the Colts. It is up to the passing game to make them pay and loosen up the linebackers

mixing up the types of runs could be helpful too, with some play action as well...

Good job getting points there.

Pretty clear early on that Bills are keying on Taylor and will not allow him to beat them.

Still important to get him his touches

8 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Wondering the same thing

Run his legs off last week vs an awful run D, don't use him to start the second series after a good 1st series.... ughh.

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think Colts want to loosen them up with the pass. Buffalo selling out to stop the run. 

I don't mind that, but Taylor is just as good catching. 

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• i dont know where your getting the information irsay would not let him fire chuck or wanting the 3-4 defense .   watching a couple of interviews of ryan after getting fired he claimed jim irsay was hands off and let him make his own choices .  ryan hired chuck because he wanted to and he was a fan of the 3-4 defense .  jim has always been hands off with his stafff only giving advice .  ryan clearly said he wanted to make things work with chuck and chose  not to fire him .   after ryan was fired jim let chris ballard make the choice on chuck , just like ryan made the choice on jim caldwell .    chris ballard knew luck was not gonna be ready until maybe the end of the 2017 season so he wanted to keep chuck in place to tank for more draft picks to trade back .
    • Year two is where we should really see him hit his ceiling. We are going to have to have a little patience with him this first year until everyone gets used to each other. I think he will be good this year bur 22 is where it should really click.
    • I simply don't know how much authority he ever had.  I'm not sure anybody does.   It sound like he was simply a guy who was plucked out of a job In Philly, maybe having narrow duties, but did not have the managerial instincts and NFL connections to be able to assemble a non Polian staff.    Still, did Irsay help him in this aspect or just let him sink?   It always seemed like a weird authority structure.  Starting right off with Irsay handling the PM situation, deciding to draft Luck, wanting a 34 defense, not allowing RG to fire Pagano, and I wonder who made the call to either keep Arians or Pagano after the ChuckStrong campaign but the team flourishing under Arians.  Not that there was a real choice, but I always wondered if Irsay and Grigs had a talk about that after season 1 and what each thought about each coach and why.
    • We were in a great spot to trade up for Herbert. But we only had two teams we could of traded with. The giants and I believe the lions.  They may not have wanted to trade. Then that means we Would not of gotten Buckner. I think Herbert would of been able to win right away with this team. Character wise he was the perfect fit too.
    • One thing that stuck out was he said he didn’t have a good supporting cast around him helping him make decisions. Irsay would of given him anything if he asked. This is why Ballard is so good. He surrounded himself with great people who keep him accountable. He even said the assistants and scouts at the end of the season get to review his job performance as a GM. He said they bust his balls lol.
  • Members