Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wildcard Weekend: Colts @ Bills, Jan. 9, 2021, 1:05 PM EST

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No expectations! Playing with house money, hoping to stay competitive! This could be our last gameday together fam, let's enjoy this!    Let's Go Indy!!

Feed the Beast   And let this beast eat   Let the Maniac roam wild   Let the Rivers flow   Q serving up pancakes for lun

Posted Images

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The poster you've responded to is not being stupid, he’s being sarcastic.     He’s unimpressed with Ballard because the Colts have not won the AFC South on his watch.   The poster is not interested in being patient.  He wants to win NOW!    Sooner than that if it’s possible.  
    • I'm happy to indifferent with FA. Obviously, we have to pay our guys. One thing I would of done differently is not sign Hilton, and allocate that money towards an EDGE rusher. Of course, we could always sign Houston back still before the draft, but I'm not fully expecting it. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the plan at this point though, and we mostly go with last years team, replace Rivers with Wentz, minus Autry and Walker, and draft some new players to fill the weaknesses.    In any case, I love the draft, and expect us to gain a couple extra picks at some point. Ballard won't just go with 6 total picks. That's not his forte.
    • When I saw the Carson Wentz trade go down, and the compensation we gave up, I paid attention to the Bears more than any non-Colts team. They were in a similar situation as us team-wise, draft-pick wise (20th pick to 21st pick), and we both had interest in Wentz. After we got him, you saw the Bears were immediately helpless. Wentz was gone, no solid QBs left in FA, the Wilson trade fell through, and they had to sign Andy Dalton. That could be us.   We got Wentz for peanuts considering we are picking 21st and didn't have to give up our 1st and/or 2nd rounder this year. If Wentz gets hurt, we have a bit of insurance from losing our 1st rounder in 2022. That's the best move of 2021 so far. If you don't believe me, look at the Bears forums and how they reacted when they signed Dalton instead of trading for Wilson. They wish they were the Colts right now.
    • 4200 yards passing 35 TDs 15 INTs 65% completion rate 11-5 record
    • This is my 1st attempt at one of these so far, and I have little information right now, but I'll try and do the best I can. Hoping to crank out 3 of these by the time the draft begins on the 29th.   Round 1.) Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan- I realize we need a LT very badly. However, I believe Darrisaw will go before 21, and Teven Jenkins is more of a RT than a LT. That's why we choose Paye in the 1st. He is by far the best EDGE in the class to me, fits the scheme from what I've seen, and can start immediately on a team that is extremely weak at the position after missing out on re-signing Autry and possibly Houston.    Round 2.) Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame- He may or may not fall to us in the 2nd round, but there will be a OT or two that does fall, and I'll assume for the sake of this mock draft, that he's the guy who falls to us. Eichenberg is solid at everything, just not great. He reminds me of Anthony Costanzo and I think he can start right away for us at LT. This would solidify the line for a long time after we paid Braden and Quenton.   Round 4.) Monty Rice, ILB, Georgia- I haven't studied him a lot yet, but I think he'd make a very good Anthony Walker replacement in the LBer group. EJ Speed and Glasgow aren't good enough to start behind Okereke IMO or start if he goes down due to injury, so that's where Monty Rice comes in.   Round 5.) Bobby Brown, DT, Texas A&M- Excellent run defender that plays well in a 4-3 defense. Very solid scheme fit that can possibly get playing time on running downs. Only downside is he's not a 3 down player, but with Buckner and Grover starting, it really shouldn't matter.   Round 6.) Rachad Wildgoose, CB, Wisconsin- He is more of a slot corner than anything else, but he can play any scheme. Only played two games last year due to injury, but that's why he fell. Very intelligent player that has room to improve, and with Rhodes and Carrie under 1 year contracts, they'll be no pressure during his first year for him.   Round 7.) Dax Milne, WR, BYU- Dax can play in any scheme and can also play special teams. Solid route runner who can catch the ball. He's very quick and can make big plays.   Let me know what you think below!
  • Members

• superrep1967

superrep1967 560

• Virtuoso80

Virtuoso80 225

• Jared Cisneros

Jared Cisneros 3,787

• cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 628

• C0LT5

C0LT5 64

• NewColtsFan