Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wildcard Weekend: Colts @ Bills, Jan. 9, 2021, 1:05 PM EST

NFLfan

Should have run Taylor 3+ times up the middle. I'm okay with trying the pass when the 3rd down went sideways.

Think the first of the catches/replays was questionable, the other two were correct. Stupid offside.

Opportunity wasted in the 1st half, can't expect the defense to bail us out 2nd half. We need a stop on their first drive, and points on ours. Otherwise I think we're done unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Jacoby quarterback sneak is a wasted play moving forward. Does Frank seriously think that anyone is not going to see it from a mile?

Unless you switch it up and throw occasionally or run it, yes it is a wasted play against good defenses. 

• Like 1

Poor decisions are killing this team.....Frank doesn't kick the FG on 4th and goal at the 4. Then Turay jumps offsides when the Bills were gonna have to kick a FG. Absolutely no reason the Colts should be behind in this game. Now watch the Colts come out flat in the 2nd half and it's night night time.

Just now, IanColts22 said:

I haven’t been able to watch the game just seeing play by play on ESPN every 10 mins or so.  Why in the hell did we not kick a FG on 4th & 4???  Could’ve went into halftime 13-14 wow wth happen!?

Who knows if they score either. Football is all about momentum. I was 100% expecting to go for it when we were running it on 3rd down. But i figured it would be 4th & 1. An awful play call. Trying to be "sneaky" and too cute. Reich is a horrible chess player

3 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Yeah, probably.... But people moan wanting aggressiveness....live.by the sword, die by the sword....

Going for it on 4th & 1? Understandable. 4th & 5 offers far fewer odds of succeeding,  taking the 3 at that point is the smarter play, especially in the 1st Half.

Just now, AddaiStillTruckedYou said:

I wouldn’t play Turay the rest of the game.  That was completely a hero ball mindset he did.  You just know, he was just thinking about being the player to make a impact play in this game.  ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO TRY TO TIME THAT

So what you are saying, is striving to make a game changing play is punishable by banishment? I'm sure turAy is being hard enough on himself, you. Would have never jumped there, we all know that, but the colts for whatever reason we're unable to secure a contract for you.....

The penalties...  In decades of watching football, I've never seen a team commit more untimely, game changing penalties - taking points off the board, putting points on the board.  They gave Pittsburgh 4 points before the half two weeks ago, Buffalo 4 points today.

This team is so frustrating.  They dominate the first half of practically every game and either have to hang on for dear life to win or end up losing it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Jacoby quarterback sneak is a wasted play moving forward. Does Frank seriously think that anyone is not going to see it from a mile?

I agree. If they are going to use Brissett, they should call something that is more creative, more unpredictable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Rubbish. The play was there on 4 and 4. Blame the qb and wr. They score and everyone is calling Frank a god. Blame the players not the coach

The play being there isn't the issue. In a playoff game, you take the points. You also don't run your small APB on the goal line up the gut when you have Taylor beasting out. Both are very debatable calls. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Still better than 10-14. Also, when the Bills score to begin the 2nd half, it’ll be 10-21. Kick the FG and it’s still a one possession game

Exactly 

Franks's mindless aggressiveness costs us again.  It is these kinds of decisions which are made simply to play to a certain mindset rather than with any feel of the game or your opponent that make me wonder if he is the guy that will lead this team to a championship.

Also, Turay needs to be better.  Simply unacceptable to make that type of mistake in that situation.

Mindless decision making along with mindless play is type of things that lose you playoff games in the NFL.  Opponents are too good most of the time to overcome repeated mistakes of that nature. 

Just now, #12. said:

The penalties...  In decades of watching football, I've never seen a team commit more untimely, game changing penalties - taking points off the board, putting points on the board.  They gave Pittsburgh 4 points before the half two weeks ago, Buffalo 4 points today.

This team is so frustrating.  They dominate the first half of practically every game and either have to hang on for dear life to win or end up losing it.

This is definitely confirmation bias.....decades of ball, this is statistically and factually not the case.. unless you've just happened to miss each and every team over those years that did indeed commit worse, more, and more poorly times penalties.....

• Like 1

The thread is ahead of my action so I had to tune out.

I will say I hated the play call on 3rd and goal from the 1. Smash them right up the gut, twice.

Got cute and lost 3 yards, at that point should of took the FG, imo.

Don't know what Turay was doing?

All in all we are in this, our D has played good. Allen made 2 big plays on the final drive out of the pocket. Not sure either of those were a catch, but close. I thought the replays went rather quick. Like look a little bit longer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

frank has killed this team with his bad choices .  why run back wards on the half yard line .  you run it with taylor its 7

Reich does not run Taylor enough down by the goal line.  They come out passing first instead of running first.  That close I would give Taylor at least two touches.  Instead he only  gets one.  Makes no sense with our offensive line. 

• Like 2

would have gone for FG with 4th and 4. Overall Colts are looking good. Last drive was mainly Allen legs and two great sideline receptions. Colts D is actually playing good. We need to stop them on opening drive in 3rd Qtr and then re-establish the offense. Cannot let them roll with opening drive of 3rd Qtr.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SR711 said:

Exactly 

Franks's mindless aggressiveness costs us again.  It is these kinds of decisions which are made simply to play to a certain mindset rather than with any feel of the game or your opponent that make me wonder if he is the guy that will lead this team to a championship.

Also, Turay needs to be better.  Simply unacceptable to make that type of mistake in that situation.

Mindless decision making along with mindless play is type of things that lose you playoff games in the NFL.  Opponents are too good most of the time to overcome repeated mistakes of that nature. 

Couldn't get you to play DE either I see....lol