Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wildcard Weekend: Colts @ Bills, Jan. 9, 2021, 1:05 PM EST

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No expectations! Playing with house money, hoping to stay competitive! This could be our last gameday together fam, let's enjoy this!    Let's Go Indy!!

Feed the Beast   And let this beast eat   Let the Maniac roam wild   Let the Rivers flow   Q serving up pancakes for lun

Posted Images

weather not a factor. For Colts to win - the defense has to put pressure on Allen and contain their passing game. A few turnovers our way would be nice. On defense, Rivers needs to play ball control - with solid running game and accurate throws. 

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Phil Simms just said that it reminds him of when Andrew Luck led the Colts to a regular season victory over Patrick Mahomes at Arrowhead. Um no Phil. That would be Jacoby Brissett lol

Amazing how often these paid experts get simple facts wrong.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Gimme some of your guys’ confidence.

Nah but seriously, just glad to see some playoff FB

Tedy Bruschi picked us.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Phil Simms just said that it reminds him of when Andrew Luck led the Colts to a regular season victory over Patrick Mahomes at Arrowhead. Um no Phil. That would be Jacoby Brissett lol

I think he meant the comeback. 2013. That was a wildcard though too

• Like 1

Think we will surprise a few people in this one. Hoping our OL can hold up enough for Rivers to throw a few passes down the field as well as letting Taylor do his thing.

1st post on here, let's hope it's a good omen!

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I think he meant the comeback. 2013. That was a wildcard though too

He was talking about how the Colts could win this game. He harkened it to how the Chiefs game was won last season

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Tore said:

Think we will surprise a few people in this one. Hoping our OL can hold up enough for Rivers to throw a few passes down the field as well as letting Taylor do his thing.

Welcome!  I hope you're right, and  hope you enjoy your stay here.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tore said:

Greetings from TigerTown 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Maybe   I think he has really good footwork and on day 1, he will have a strength and conditioning coach in his ear to improve   He may not be able to increase his athletic ability, but he probably can get a bit stronger, which would help his cause   He does suffer from some short arm issues, which is terrible if you expect him to pick up the check, but could limit his ability to keep the longer armed DEs off of him.   Its sort of like when your older brother with longer arms (It was a cousin for me) puts his hands on your forehead and you cant reach him to punch him......     They teach the OTs these days to swat the hands away when the DE uses their longer arms to start a rip or swim move   You can see this on Jenkins tape. He quickly swats away that stuff.... some OL coach is showing him that   Overall, Eichenberg will not be pro bowl, but with some work he is a guy that can develop to hold his own against the DE in front of him. If we end up with him, or 3 or 4 others OT prospects, (not at 21 for the latter group) I am a happy camper   If he gets a pro bowler in front of him, you give him some help with TE and LG, (Sometimes WR)   And you set plays that work some times against the better DEs (Traps)                                
    • I think predicting what he's going to do is a bit premature before we see who they bring in from the draft.  Assuming they get a LT and a nice weapon or two I do think he's in for a big year.  But he's definitely going to need that protection to be there on his blindside as well as more threat across the middle.   If the blindside isn't there then that will eat another player in the form of a TE or RB chipping or helping him out.  If the passing game threats don't improve it will be easier for teams to focus an excellent run game.  I think Ballard gets this done but really need to see what Wentz is going to have around him.  Current passing game threats probably aren't good enough for a top statistical season.
    • I think it's Jones for a couple reasons.   First, the 9ers don't need to play mind games here.  Smoke screen has zero purpose.  Top two QBs should be Lawrence then Wilson.  If one of those two fall the 9ers win the lottery.   Second Jones is a very good pocket QB who is more advanced than usual due to the offense at Bama and his talents of reading quickly and making good decisions.  Those talents are not in vogue in the media but look how effective good pocket QBs still are in the playoffs.  Getting to the level of mastery needed to be a difference maker from the pocket is a long road, but if you hit on one of those guys you get a long career and a ton of wins from him.  So you sacrifice the highlight plays big deal.     Supply and demand are so out of whack with QBs in fact that the NFL has started to do what college teams were forced to do by the NFL drafting their QBs every year: build around athleticism.  But that doesn't mean you still can't win with a pocket QB.  I  wouldn't be too quick to call the 9ers crazy here.  If they hit on Jones they'll look like geniuses for taking a guy who is an excellent QB.  If not they'll be mocked in the media for reaching.  Bottom line is whether the guy fits your system and what you want from the QB position, and whether he's a top competitor IMO.
    • Jones gets far too much hate here. He isn't gonna blow teams away but it is possible to have success from the pocket. 
  • Members