Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blindside block on Bills 1 year ago

With 9:40 left in overtime, #70 of Buffalo is flagged for 'blindside block'.

#70 and the Texan defender are staring at each other.They bump arms and stop staring at each other only when they bump helmets.

How could that have been called a 'blindside block' on Bill #70?

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

At the minimum a link to a video of said play could have helped, a tiny bit. 

and, sorry, when I started this, my first new topic', I couldn't easily see where or how to post it in "NFL General', which would have been more correct. The attempted lateral made by Josh Allen was wildly ambitious...sure to have Bills Mafia wild in sympathy...and it reminded me of a similar failed lateral attempted by Reggie Bush with USC.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Where so u get that Smith will male 10 million a year? Have looked at the top  right tackle salaries? This Oline is bout to get very expensive. So alot of our cap will be in our Oline and a WSL. How will we invest in the skill positions?
    • From Microsoft Sports: Indianapolis Colts The Colts took a big swing by trading for Carson Wentz for a third-round pick and a conditional second-rounder, and will now be dedicating all of their resources to helping him find his game again. But there is no guarantee that will work, nor is there a guarantee Wentz will be 100 percent healthy all year given his laundry list of ailments suffered under center in the NFL. They'll want a reliable backup. They'd likely even be willing to offer a few million more than the veteran minimum for such services. Smith can offer that. Indy is the best balance of winning and a chance to play that Smith has. If the Wentz experiment works out, the Colts will be legitimate title contenders and a Super Bowl ring is one of the few boxes Smith has yet to check in his lengthy football career. If Wentz gets hurt, it'll be Smith leading the charge. If Wentz stinks from Week 1 on and the Colts have no shot at the playoffs, there's a very good chance they bench Wentz for the final five games of the season to avoid sending Philadelphia a first-round pick instead of a second-round pick next year. Which means playing time for Smith. As close to a win-win Smith could find if he wants the best of both worlds.
    • Believe it or not, the buzz I’ve read in Meinerz is not late Day 3....    but Day 2.   And that's based on a D3 kid Tampa drafted about 5 years ago.   An interior OL named Ali Meipart.   He had a very good Senior Bowl week and was taken late R2.  In the early 60’s.   Scouts think if Meipart can make the jump, so can Meinerz.   So look for him to probably go sometime Day 2.    I know the mock simulators show him on Day 3,  but those don’t typically get accurate until sometime in April. 
    • Yeah it seems that if he gets beat off the LOS and the receiver gets a step on him, he panics because he don't have good recovery speed. I think he needs to work harder on his technique and keep his concentration. Ballard will kind of need to see a marked improvement from him next year. He gave up some big plays last year that killed us at times (Steelers, Titans) or nearly killed us (Green Bay).
    • While i think Pinter could be a serviceable center I would much rather DOS a true center. Pinter went from a TE to RT and now possibly a RG in the future. There is a lot more involved in the centers job then just snapping the ball so i would prefer someone more proficient at it.
  • Members