Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts practice schedule

CR91

I'm no coach, but this is a weird practice schedule to have before a playoff game. Two walkthroughs and one practice? I'm assuming tomorrow will be another walkthrough before they head to buffalo. Anyone else find this weird?

38 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm no coach, but this is a weird practice schedule to have before a playoff game. Two walkthroughs and one practice? I'm assuming tomorrow will be another walkthrough before they head to buffalo. Anyone else find this weird?

I assume you are talking about both T/W being only walkthroughs? If this was week 3, I'd call it weird. For week 18, less is more, from a contact standpoint. 

9 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I assume you are talking about both T/W being only walkthroughs? If this was week 3, I'd call it weird. For week 18, less is more, from a contact standpoint. 

I'm just concerned about our timing and execution with such a light week practice wise.

Pretty sure this is standard, especially because it’s a Saturday and an away game. If it was an away game on a Sunday we probably would’ve had one additional day of limited contact. 

I don’t think we should worry. They are still practicing and going through reps. 

Nope, not surprised or concerned. 

Remember, it’s a short week.   As it is, the players lost one of their two rest days.   So you can make up for that by going lighter physically and focus more on mental preparation.

There’s only so much you can ask.  You want your guys both physically and mentally sharp as they can be.   

Archived