Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deshaun Watson “might” want out of Houston

adubb84

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

That is 1 guy I would trade for and give up several picks for as long as we can keep our main core guys as in re-signing Nelson and Leonard. Buckner and Kelly are already signed long term.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would replenish the picks they lost in the last two drafts (last year and this year). 1st and 2nd this year, and a 1st next year while paying his entire contract. They may or may not do it. If I had too, I'd add Eason to push the deal over the edge hopefully.

Yeah if we had a young core base of Nelson, Kelly, Smith on the O.Line, Pittman at WR, Taylor and Hines at RB's, and Watson as QB on offense that would be hard to stop. Hopefully T.Y. sticks around for a couple of more years as well. I still would like Rivers back for 1 more year but if Rivers retires I will be worried at that point. 

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He will go to an NFC team before being traded to a division rival. I think this is some arm twisting going on here to make the team better, that is all.

Bradley Roby, Whitney Mercilus etc. are players that could be traded for draft picks, IMO.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/contracts/

Saw some other reports that he is being given a bigger voice in the overall structure on how “some” things should be moving forward. I believe there is some postering going to give himself some leverage. 

On a side note you would really have to hedge your bets on mortgaging your future for him. Without a strong core you’re tip toeing on crippling your franchise if you don’t approach it right. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

He will go to an NFC team before being traded to a division rival. I think this is some arm twisting going on here to make the team better, that is all.

Bradley Roby, Whitney Mercilus etc. are players that could be traded for draft picks, IMO.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/contracts/

Andre Johnson went to the Colts.

46 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I’m telling you! Things are heating up down In Houston. Going to make a finding a head coach that much tougher with all this smoke going on. When you compound this with very little draft capital and a frustrated JJ Watt......starts to paint an ugly picture. 

10 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

I’m telling you! Things are heating up down In Houston. Going to make a finding a head coach that much tougher with all this smoke going on. When you compound this with very little draft capital and a frustrated JJ Watt......starts to paint an ugly picture. 

Texans should completely rebuild. Trade away Watson and get some draft capital back. Do the same with Watt too. He won't get you as much but still.

9 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Texans should completely rebuild. Trade away Watson and get some draft capital back. Do the same with Watt too. He won't get you as much but still.

They have to do SOMETHING. It’s been a mess for years. A shiny new head coach won’t change that. I would hate life right now as a Texans fan knowing your star QB wants out AFTER just having a down year. 

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

They have to do SOMETHING. It’s been a mess for years. A shiny new head coach won’t change that. I would hate life right now as a Texans fan knowing your star QB wants out AFTER just having a down year. 

Its more than just a down year

They are headed for a downward spiral 

Everyone right now...

save schitts creek GIF by CBC

BR just posted an analysis on potential trade scenarios for Watson.  They covered 9 potential teams and what it would take.  Watson has a no trade clause in his current contract so he would have to approve the trade giving him a lot of say and influence.  They think the Colts are a landing spot even being in the same division.  They suggest the price as three straight No 1. picks.  They think the Colts might go there if they feel he could take them to the top since those three picks would most likely be very late in the draft and we are in a win now mode.  Detroit was also on the list which would necessitate the trading of Stafford.  Watson would be a real long shot to be sure but I could see him liking the Colts as a destination.  

Of all the QB trade suggestions the last two years, this is the first I’d be on with. Even if it meant selling the nest two or three years of number 1s. Watson would need to want to come here. I think there will be multiple teams lining up offering 3 number ones, or more. 

47 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Of all the QB trade suggestions the last two years, this is the first I’d be on with. Even if it meant selling the nest two or three years of number 1s. Watson would need to want to come here. I think there will be multiple teams lining up offering 3 number ones, or more. 

I'm pretty close to three 1's for him. I'd try to give a 1st and 2nd this year, and a 1 next year, but don't know if that would be enough. The issue is if a team like the Jets were willing to trade for him, and they offered the no2 pick as part of their package. We really can't compete with that without massively overpaying.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Watson proved this year he could still be a top 5 QB even without Hopkins 

I would be fine throwing 3 1s to Texans. 

I would too because you could consider one of those #1 picks as landing a franchise QB that is still young. It would basically be like giving up 2 #1's in reality and we would still have 6 more picks anyway.

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Watson proved this year he could still be a top 5 QB even without Hopkins 

I would be fine throwing 3 1s to Texans. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would too because you could consider one of those #1 picks as landing a franchise QB that is still young. It would basically be like giving up 2 #1's in reality and we would still have 6 more picks anyway.

The one reason I could get on board with that is because Ballard is so good in the draft. We haven't had an actual 1st round pick the last two years (none since Nelson) and been fine building the team honestly. So getting a young, top 5 QB would probably be worth it. If we win one SB, then it's 100% worth it. The Jets gave close to what we would be giving up (an early 1st and three 2nds) to get Darnold, and he is nowhere close to Watson. Watson is as close to a guarantee as we can get without taking a gamble in the draft.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The one reason I could get on board with that is because Ballard is so good in the draft. We haven't had an actual 1st round pick the last two years (none since Nelson) and been fine building the team honestly. So getting a young, top 5 QB would probably be worth it. If we win one SB, then it's 100% worth it. The Jets gave close to what we would be giving up (an early 1st and three 2nds) to get Darnold, and he is nowhere close to Watson. Watson is as close to a guarantee as we can get without taking a gamble in the draft.

We already know we are getting in Watson. He would be worth 5 1s to have franchise QB for 15 years you can't put price on that

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We could give up 3 first round picks and to sweeten the pot throw in Eason. Houston may do that. We can always find another backup QB. They may find Eason intriguing.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Texans are a joke

Get Watson out of there 

Texans are a joke, but it makes me happy as a Colts fan! :) :thmup:

They also have no 1st or 2nd round pick this year as well as no 1st last year. In a few years, their young players are going to be hurting like we were with Grigson.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Giving up 3 first round picks sounds like a lot but Ballard would still have picks 2-7 and a franchise QB. Just something to think about. 

Our team would be whole again like Luck never left, and we could attract FA's here. Not to mention we have Ballard doing the drafting and our SB window would be open again for another 10 years. Would be a big opportunity to get Watson. I'd do it for 3 1st rounders.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Our team would be whole again like Luck never left, and we could attract FA's here. Not to mention we have Ballard doing the drafting and our SB window would be open again for another 10 years. Would be a big opportunity to get Watson. I'd do it for 3 1st rounders.

I'll just come out and say it

I would be fine sending 5 1s

Yes very excessive but Watson would be a flat out superstar behind Colts OL

Just now, danlhart87 said:

I'll just come out and say it

I would be fine sending 5 1s

Yes very excessive but Watson would be a flat out superstar behind Colts OL

That's a great point, Watson is behind a terrible O-Line. Can you imagine what he'd do behind ours?

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's a great point, Watson is behind a terrible O-Line. Can you imagine what he'd do behind ours?

Watson was sacked 49 times 

Rivers was sacked 19 but 5 against Steelers with AC and Smith 

Watson would throw 5k 40+ every year here 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Watsons line is not nearly as terrible as it once was.   Remember, they traded for Leremy Tunsil, who is a very good LT and they spent a previous #1 on a Right tackle, I think his last name is Howard.   Watson’s OL is much improved.  

Archived